Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Don’t worry, He’ll be gone in the summer

Rodgers looks to be doing anything to not have to put Dan on the pitch

👍

Maybe there are bigger issues to sort. 

I would like ayoze to be sold to put a stop to Rodgers playing him.

Maddison needs a personal mentor to get himself  back on track.

This is the summer to bring in a new centre forward... I think each season , vardy's powers will decline.

Having dan in the squad is not a problem.

Edited by foxinsocks

10 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Like you allude to every club has this brains trust element but as far as I can see with Leicester it really is a small minority. Social media and online platforms probably give this element an artifically amplified mouth unfortunately.

Think yourself lucky in that sense when you see the "minority" Rangers have who destroyed each other and their own city again at the weekend while "celebrating".

Yeah you’re right about social media giving them a platform to chat nonsense. 

Edited by TJB-fox

Just now, Blarmy said:

We absolutely didn’t bottle that. It was a small squad on its last legs against a pumped, fresher squad that had home fan support. 

I think Rodgers should have been more proactive tactically though. I’m not sure what he thought was going to happen after half time. Tuchel would have known City wouldn’t make any changes, the same way we all did. It would have been a good time to do something unpredictable imo. There’s nothing to lose when you’re being torn apart. 

Last night wasn’t a bottle job, but Soton and Newcastle games were. We’ve ****ed it really haven’t we. Two seasons on the bounce in the top four the entirety and then dropping out right at the death. So disappointing. Just got to pray there’s one more twist yet to come

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brucey said:

It just wasn't a great idea from Amartey. Did for them what the infamous "Arsenal dressing room selfie" did for us. 

I personally found it ****ing hilarious that a team with some massively experienced players like Thiago Silva can get wound up by one of our fringe players in a 10 second video. Tuchel strikes me as the sort of manager who would love the opportunity to stoke the fire with that sort of thing.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Antonio Rudiger: 

“Unfortunately some people of their team don’t know how to celebrate and we had to punish them for this. Don’t disrespect the club history. This is a bit bigger then you.”

I would usually get pissed off at that. But **** him, we’ve rattled them. History ? You’ve been part of a Chelsea’s mediocre defence since Terry retired. 

Weird bunch aren't they. 

Their history can't mean much to them when they wanted to leave it all behind. 

6 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Chelsea have big game players and last night was a big game. 

They are truly horrible baskets when they need to be, and that was one of the reasons they've had so much success over the years. 

As good as they can play, they know the dark arts very well and this had been in the club for decades. 

Maybe we're a little too nice at times and allow ourselves to get bullied. 

Missed Evans big time last night imo

Some of the softies on here should have seen Leeds in the early seventies , they would have eaten modern teams alive. Norman Hunter was a superb player but absolutely ruthless. However when he himself got hammered , he got up and got on with it. The modern player is not allowed to be physical so he cheats instead. Personally I prefer a physical game with less cheating but that is up to referees.

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Last night wasn’t a bottle job, but Soton and Newcastle games were. We’ve ****ed it really haven’t we. Two seasons on the bounce in the top four the entirety and then dropping out right at the death. So disappointing. Just got to pray there’s one more twist yet to come

Yes, I think they were.  At least, there were factors outside of ability and energy levels that cost us points.  I’d define a bottle job as playing badly due to nerves, but complacency can have the same effect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucey said:

It just wasn't a great idea from Amartey. Did for them what the infamous "Arsenal dressing room selfie" did for us. 

Big Dan and ego ? Ego ? Really ?

Ego is slick back hair Mount and Chilwell. Who have thought it, little old Leicester and their 4th/5th choice CB rattling Chelsea. What’s Benko doing, perhaps we could get him to piss on their post to really add fire!!

As disappointing as last night's result was I think the response in the press and across social media shows how much Saturdays win has ruffled some feathers. The whole dialogue of Leicester are ungracious in victory and defeat stinks of a desperate attempt to cover up they fact they expected to comfortably turn us over across both games. 

A long similar lines to Tuchel, Pep being angered by Potters celebrations for the winning goal last night, these so called power clubs and their fans don't like it when things don't go their way. Fingers crossed some results help us out and we get the chance to upset one of these footballing giants once more by finishing above our station in the top 4 ;)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Did we see the beginning of Ricardo's real comeback? His cross for the Perez chance was superb and involved him outpacing his opposite number in that channel he loves

He looked very up for it yesterday, first time I've seen him have that fire in a long while

• Like 1

Just now, SydenhamFox said:

Chilwell was set on winding him up. 

I don't know what that blokes done, but out of everyone that's left the club recently, he's been the most hated. Attitude maybe? He's certainly said some shit to fire fans up in the press, but without the years of exceptional performances Mahrez had. 

• Like 1

Guest MarshallForEngland

Said this against West Ham and Newcastle; generally speaking our players are soft and frightened of a physical battle. Other than Jamie, who else would get clattered or shoved over and think fantastic, let's have a proper scrap then? When it comes to tiptoeing about, fancy flicks, no-look passes etc we've got a lot of players who have bags of talent, but not a single one of them relishes a real fight like the one brought to us last night. We got bullied and pushed around all game and we just could't match their aggression. Who have we got that will enjoy that sort of game and give us as good as he gets? Other than an ageing Vardy, I can't think of anybody.

Rodgers is a great coach there's no doubt about it, but he's stubborn at times and doesn't seem to be able or want to adapt. Our gameplan last night, whatever it was, became irrelevant quite early on, and while you can't just change entirely based on what the opposition is doing, you have to be able to adapt in realtime to what's going on. The first half was an absolute mauling and it was a miracle we went in 0-0 at halftime, but he changed nothing and did his usual hour-mark subs, even when everybody could see that we urgently needed a change in personnel and formation. You've got to swallow your pride sometimes and accept that against a very fast attacking side like Chelsea, at Stamford Bridge, in front of an exclusively home crowd, after having just had their pants down a few days earlier in the FA Cup final, you cannot play so open or attempt a risky high press.

It's often said that a team will reflect their manager, and none more so than the current Chelsea team and Tuchal.   Arrogant, and a thoroughly unpleasant bunch. 

Their game management last night was excellent though to be fair.

Chucking themselves on the floor at every opportunity, and then at the end the pushing and shoving episode was manufactured by Rudiger to waste a bit of time and stop us building any momentum in those last few minutes. We took the bait, and lost our heads, which was Rudiger aim.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 21st Century Fox said:

I personally found it ****ing hilarious that a team with some massively experienced players like Thiago Silva can get wound up by one of our fringe players in a 10 second video. Tuchel strikes me as the sort of manager who would love the opportunity to stoke the fire with that sort of thing.

To be fair we would and should do the same if some bang average Spurs squad player like Ben Davies did the same thing.

6 minutes ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Said this against West Ham and Newcastle; generally speaking our players are soft and frightened of a physical battle. Other than Jamie, who else would get clattered or shoved over and think fantastic, let's have a proper scrap then? When it comes to tiptoeing about, fancy flicks, no-look passes etc we've got a lot of players who have bags of talent, but not a single one of them relishes a real fight like the one brought to us last night. We got bullied and pushed around all game and we just could't match their aggression. Who have we got that will enjoy that sort of game and give us as good as he gets? Other than an ageing Vardy, I can't think of anybody.

Rodgers is a great coach there's no doubt about it, but he's stubborn at times and doesn't seem to be able or want to adapt. Our gameplan last night, whatever it was, became irrelevant quite early on, and while you can't just change entirely based on what the opposition is doing, you have to be able to adapt in realtime to what's going on. The first half was an absolute mauling and it was a miracle we went in 0-0 at halftime, but he changed nothing and did his usual hour-mark subs, even when everybody could see that we urgently needed a change in personnel and formation. You've got to swallow your pride sometimes and accept that against a very fast attacking side like Chelsea, at Stamford Bridge, in front of an exclusively home crowd, after having just had their pants down a few days earlier in the FA Cup final, you cannot play so open or attempt a risky high press.

Agree. When it got to ht... at 00 ... that was coz we had given it full concentration.  So often when this happens teams concede within a few minutes of the restart. And we did.

I would admire BR more if he had put Subs on at ht... imo it would have bern best to swap ayoze for nacho.... and put mendy on for madders so that we were not overrun in midfield 

Edited by foxinsocks

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't know what that blokes done, but out of everyone that's left the club recently, he's been the most hated. Attitude maybe? He's certainly said some shit to fire fans up in the press, but without the years of exceptional performances Mahrez had. 

I just can’t wrap my head around treating an ex-colleague like that the way Chilwell was trying to Ricardo carded. I hated it in the World Cup when Ronaldo did it to Rooney and I hated it last night. Where are the personal values?

Why is Chilwell so lacking in grace towards Leicester? Did something happen to him here? Maybe he’s been jealous of Ricardo and had it pent up?

• Like 1