Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't know what that blokes done, but out of everyone that's left the club recently, he's been the most hated. Attitude maybe? He's certainly said some shit to fire fans up in the press, but without the years of exceptional performances Mahrez had. 

This is exactly it for me. I don't care about celebrating the goal at Wembley (it's a cup final ffs) and about getting stuck into us on the pitch. The latter I'd be almost disappointed if he didn't. But it's the pointless chat in the media, giving it big licks about never having a bigger game in his career. Just trot out the usual 'Leicester brought me through as a youngster and gave me my chance for which I'm grateful, but I'm a Chelsea player now and want to do my job and win X game because it's crucial for our season' line. Job done, no complaints. A boring trope answer and you don't look like a mug at full time. He doesn't have the achievements with us the Kante, Mahrez etc have, and he was expendable. Chilwell or Castagne AND Fofana? Well now, that's a no brainer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Some of the softies on here should have seen Leeds in the early seventies , they would have eaten modern teams alive. Norman Hunter was a superb player but absolutely ruthless. However when he himself got hammered , he got up and got on with it. The modern player is not allowed to be physical so he cheats instead. Personally I prefer a physical game with less cheating but that is up to referees.

Even more recently 

John Terry, Carvallo(spelling), Le Boef to name a few. 

The arsenal invincibles had an absolute thuggish back line with Vierra, Pettit in front. 

You have to have it, even us with Huth, a proper nasty basket. 

But we love him💙😄

19 minutes ago, Beechey said:

No, it was our end as well

100% it definitely came from our end. Loads of people round me did it. Can’t speak for the Chelsea end as I couldn’t hear them but I will say the disgusting minority of Leicester fans booing was quickly drowned out by everyone else clapping and cheering. 

15 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

100% it definitely came from our end. Loads of people round me did it. Can’t speak for the Chelsea end as I couldn’t hear them but I will say the disgusting minority of Leicester fans booing was quickly drowned out by everyone else clapping and cheering. 

Yeah, I was on level 2 and heard it very clearly

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, trabuch said:

Celebration was part of the joy of winning the Cup

Oh absolutely. It was euphoric and in some ways reminded me of us winning the PL.

But I just wanted to see a bit more of that living in the moment attitude and I don't want us to keep dropping out of the CL places having spent 90% of the time inhabiting them. It might already be Deja Vu and in some ways that's as meaningless as finishing 17th every season.

It's all academic I guess because for whatever reason, we didn't create and convert enough chances last night and we lost games to the likes of Arsenal, Leeds, Fulham and Newcastle at home so we only have ourselves to blame. Imagine where we would be right now had we won those?!!! But there I go again!

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Come on. He isn`t talking to us. They won the league game, well done to them and him, but his social media stuff is all for Chelsea now. Its not like he owes us anything.

You're right - he doesn't. However, justified or not, he's going to be a hate figure for Leicester fans for the rest of his career. It's going to come up every time we play them (and any other teams he plays for).

1 hour ago, SydenhamFox said:

I just can’t wrap my head around treating an ex-colleague like that the way Chilwell was trying to Ricardo carded. I hated it in the World Cup when Ronaldo did it to Rooney and I hated it last night. Where are the personal values?

Why is Chilwell so lacking in grace towards Leicester? Did something happen to him here? Maybe he’s been jealous of Ricardo and had it pent up?

I think Chilwell is bitter about his treatment by our fans whilst he played with us. He's spoken since about his loss of confidence and mental health issues resulting from some of that. In addition, I wonder if some of our players are annoyed by the way he clearly couldn't give a toss towards the end of his time with us during the first lockdown last year and as a result whether there were some tensions between him and team mates during that period. I remember that he didn't bother coming to games to cheer on his team mates whilst he was out injured in the last few games of last season. Then there was the incident when he was openly laughing and joking with Barkley after the latter scored the winner against us in the Cup. And of course there are stories about how he was telling everyone how he couldn't wait to be playing alongside Thiago Silva at Chelsea whilst still a Leicester player. 

17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

You're right - he doesn't. However, justified or not, he's going to be a hate figure for Leicester fans for the rest of his career. It's going to come up every time we play them (and any other teams he plays for).

Oh for sure, thats our problem though  lol

29 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Oh absolutely. It was euphoric and in some ways reminded me of us winning the PL.

But I just wanted to see a bit more of that living in the moment attitude and I don't want us to keep dropping out of the CL places having spent 90% of the time inhabiting them. It might already be Deja Vu and in some ways that's as meaningless as finishing 17th every season.

It's all academic I guess because for whatever reason, we didn't create and convert enough chances last night and we lost games to the likes of Arsenal, Leeds, Fulham and Newcastle at home so we only have ourselves to blame. Imagine where we would be right now had we won those?!!! But there I go again!

It is frustrating. I'm trying not to think about it lol

5 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

It's because they have a squad of 25 players all at a similar high level so they can rotate to avoid players burning out and picking up injuries as a result. It's the same with Man City. I'm not even sure what either club's first XI is.

By comparison, when we start removing any of our starting players the drop off in quality is usually very noticeable. Our fully fit first team is definitely a match for Chelsea but last night we simply had too many key components either missing or not fully fit. For example, I spent the whole 90 minutes wishing we had Barnes and Justin fit and running at the aging Azpilacueta. 

The main reason we lost was due to a blatant tactical error by Rodgers and then not making any change until we were down 2-0. I wrote in the match thread what the issues were, so I wont repeat here. But we could have definitely be competitive this game.

let's get it right, Chelsea under Tuchel are a decent team, who last night had the added motivation of losing to us in the Cup Final.  I haven't seen a team as "up for it" this season as Chelsea were last night. Rudiger was like a man possessed. They closed quickly and pressed hard from the front. 

Chelsea will challenge for the league next year, i'm certain of that.  

So a 2-1 loss, playing with a team decimated by injuries to key players and without much in the way of creativity is not the end of the world. It's just indicative of where we are as a club.

7 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

A real alarming lack of pace last night, apart from Fofana, Soyuncu and arguably Vardy (who had no space) who else in the side has a burst of pace to drive at teams or at least carry us up the pitch? 

This. Without Barnes, Justin and a fit Ricardo did we have single player starting yesterday who is capable of driving forward with the ball to get us up the pitch and commit opponents to create space for others? Castagne maybe but he was stuck at CB. This is something we must address in the summer, alongside getting the players named above back to full fitness. 

• Like 1