Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

This. Without Barnes, Justin and a fit Ricardo did we have single player starting yesterday who is capable of driving forward with the ball to get us up the pitch and commit opponents to create space for others? Castagne maybe but he was stuck at CB. This is something we must address in the summer, alongside getting the players named above back to full fitness. 

Exactly, we just couldn’t get out. Chelsea had Chillwell, Kante, Mount, Pulasic, Werner all driving at us / going beyond us at pace. It could of been worse had James played RWB too.

We won the ball and just had nothing, we could barely even string 2 passes together.

14 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Seen this on here and the usual monkey emojis etc.

CB71DE4A-61D7-4C2E-8595-B933384A9CFA.thumb.jpeg.c075853d180ac4bf2cbe272787fe18a1.jpeg

It's puzzling how racists tend to overlook the fact there are black players playing in their teams  

Speaking of which, I can't blame Rudiger for his on the pitch antics. Yes, he was a bit of a **** but I think we all would appraciate having a player like him in our team. One Cags is hardly enough. I liked it when Rick showed a bit of temper, and so did Ian, but too many of our players were too nice and cosy until it was too late in the game.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

What a cock end this man is. Absolutely no shame.

They have quite literally turned into the new Arsenal celebrating getting into the top 4. 

Can't stand Chilwell considering the club brought him up through the ranks only for him to show zero respect once leaving. 

I find it funny how he turned comments off on his post lol show us your winners medal you kn*b

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

It's all academic I guess because for whatever reason, we didn't create and convert enough chances last night and we lost games to the likes of Arsenal, Leeds, Fulham and Newcastle at home so we only have ourselves to blame. Imagine where we would be right now had we won those?!!! But there I go again!

The Newcastle game was a disaster but For me it’s not finishing Southampton off when they played for 80 mins with 10 men, they had lost 14 of their previous 20 league games at that point 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SHANE_ said:

An utter disgrace!!! Worst thing is the account is still up. It will continue until there is sufficient punishment.  

That upsets me so God only knows what effect it has on players that receive such posts regardless of team. Until identification is mandatory to open such accounts, I don't see any improvements coming soon. It's very doable and then players for their part need only use those platforms deemed secure. It's utterly vile and upsetting. 

• Like 2

Guest bennytwohats
27 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The players getting involved in the Amartey situation really gets to me. It was an unfortunate situation. As a Leicester fan I was disappointed that he did it. We, as a club rightly apologised. However, Big Dan has been receiving racist abuse from ****** on twitter. This attitude from Silva, Mount and Rudiger re-ignites the situation. 

Players can easily speak to one another. They can even have a barney on the pitch but for Rudiger to then allude to it in a club interview gives these arseholes all the encouragement that they need. 

Players sometimes need to grow up. They go down on one knee, boycott social media and even wear the Kick Out Racism t-shirts. However, here, where a fellow professional, who acted a tit, is getting racially abused, instead of diffusing the situation and perhaps calling out the racist twits, he indirectly stands with them. Its a disgrace. But dont worry, Antonio will boycott his twitter account for two hours one Friday to show he cares.  

I think it’s a bit of a stretch to put this on Rudiger. He should be able to have beef with Dan if he wants to without some moron using that as an excuse to racially abuse some one. Putting that on Rudiger is a piss weak way to excuse the behaviour of the ***** on Twitter doing the abusing.

To be honest I thought what Dan did in the first place was just silly messing around and having a laugh. I’m stunned the grown adults at Chelsea took any offence to it. But whatever has gone on anyone racially abusing people can **** off - none of the behaviour on either side justifies that.

Guest Col city fan

Our club needs to get rid of Amartey 

Firstly, on the field he’s rubbish and always has been

Secondly, if he is earning 55k per week that’s a fookin joke

Finally, he’s stirred up a load of shite here and it didn’t need doing. It’s probably born of frustration that he’s not playing

That said, racist abuse of this nature is frankly, despicable and to see this sort of stuff is disgusting

We need to improve our squad if we are to cement a top four place. It’s been the lack of quality in depth that’s going to probably shaft us again in the league

Starting to get annoyed that we see players/coaches slating people in interviews etc and then acting clueless when the morons that follow them start abusing the same people. Time they took some responsibility for what they come out with.

Not their direct fault that the morons abuse people online, and not their responsibility, but they need some accountability

Guest bennytwohats
7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Starting to get annoyed that we see players/coaches slating people in interviews etc and then acting clueless when the morons that follow them start abusing the same people. Time they took some responsibility for what they come out with.

Not their direct fault that the morons abuse people online, and not their responsibility, but they need some accountability

Sorry but I just can’t get on board with that.

Its exactly the same rationale as the victim blaming shit like ‘she shouldn’t have been drunk at a party’ etc. By putting the blame onto those other than the perpetrators we are diminishing the perpetrators actions. If you’re going down that route at what point does it stop becoming Rudigers ‘fault’, and being Amartey’s ‘fault’ for the original incident that led to Rudiger’s comments?

The accountability here lies with one party only, and that’s the one doing the abusing. Focussing on anything else is counterproductive, as we should be tackling and stamping down on that behaviour directly, not deflecting from it.

1 minute ago, bennytwohats said:

Its exactly the same rationale as the victim blaming shit like ‘she shouldn’t have been drunk at a party’ etc. By putting the blame onto those other than the perpetrators we are diminishing the perpetrators actions. If you’re going down that route at what point does it stop becoming Rudigers ‘fault’, and being Amartey’s ‘fault’ for the original incident that led to Rudiger’s comments?

The accountability here lies with one party only, and that’s the one doing the abusing. Focussing on anything else is counterproductive, as we should be tackling and stamping down on that behaviour directly, not deflecting from it.

Yes and no. Of course, the person that typed the tweet (or whatever crap it is) is ultimately responsible, but impressionable people take their reality from  what they see and hear, especially from things tney hold dear, those involved in their football club being one example.

Is it unfair to project responsiblity onto these people, well yes it is, but it is still a reality that until we educate sufficiently, it will continue to occur and its contributors should not be excluded from the process of education.

• Like 1

BR saying we were too slow at passing and need to play forward more.

That's been a common theme he's stuck by in recent weeks and I agree with him. Too many times the ball goes back to the centre-backs and we start to slowly build again with telegraphed passes, or instead of flying down the wing, the wing-backs stop and check and knock a sideways ball inside.

We can all see it. BR keeps saying it, so who's at fault? Is he not clear enough with his messages; not firm enough? As a player I'd prefer to go forward. It's the natural thing to do in a competitive game, where you can see the opponent's goal. So why isn't it happening? Are we too obsessed with losing possession. Explain?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Our club needs to get rid of Amartey 

Firstly, on the field he’s rubbish and always has been

Secondly, if he is earning 55k per week that’s a fookin joke

Finally, he’s stirred up a load of shite here and it didn’t need doing. It’s probably born of frustration that he’s not playing

That said, racist abuse of this nature is frankly, despicable and to see this sort of stuff is disgusting

We need to improve our squad if we are to cement a top four place. It’s been the lack of quality in depth that’s going to probably shaft us again in the league

I don't believe for second that is true, but if it is then it goes a long way to explaining why he's still at the club. It's difficult because we need squad depth, but how many would be happy to come to Leicester to spend most of the time on the bench?

18 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I think it's more wanting people, particularly those with influence, to sustain a culture of maturity (or civility). Not just contributing, even if it's a little bit to the toxic swamp that's social media. It's the same way Leed's official twitter account got involved in the whole Karen Carney comment. There's just no need. Obviously we need to be stamping down on actual racism or sexism etc.  

18 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

BR saying we were too slow at passing and need to play forward more.

That's been a common theme he's stuck by in recent weeks and I agree with him. Too many times the ball goes back to the centre-backs and we start to slowly build again with telegraphed passes, or instead of flying down the wing, the wing-backs stop and check and knock a sideways ball inside.

We can all see it. BR keeps saying it, so who's at fault? Is he not clear enough with his messages; not firm enough? As a player I'd prefer to go forward. It's the natural thing to do in a competitive game, where you can see the opponent's goal. So why isn't it happening? Are we too obsessed with losing possession. Explain?

Seriously? You went there? Its start with a W...

Is there something previous that has gone on between Chilwell and Ricardo? It seemed a bit too heated for two players who were teammates less than 12 months ago. 

Obviously happy with this win, but I'd have rather won the final than winning this one. Leicester really deserve Champions League football based on the previous 24 months. I hope you smash Spurs and we beat Villa to squeeze Liverpool out. 

I won't intrude on your site for too much longer, so congrats again on the cup final win and all the best this weekend :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1