Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, lozzyblue fox said:

At least they are in the champions league we want be.

I will look back very positively on this season whether we finish 4th or 5th. And we can still finish 4th, Liverpool could easily drop points based on recent showings, it’s just out of our hands now. 

Cant really argue with the result as we were poor but the goals we shite. 1st one Thomas looked like a 2 year old kicking a football for the first time in his life and then a blatant dive from Werner. Chelsea are a vile team which starts with their vile owner, their vile fans and some utter nob head players with Chilwell being the biggest of the lot. So glad Riccy gave him some shit as Albrighton was far too passive and didn't even get near him. Need a miracle now as its out of our hands. If we don't make it, we didn't lose it today, we lost it with our honking home record against utter shite teams. 

But.... we won the cup and we can all still be delighted with that. Genuinely don't know which of those 2 horrendous football clubs I want to win the champs league. Wish they could both fcking lose the bunch of cnts

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

No surprise lack of ability to rotate players, same team has played 3 big games in 7 days. 

Needed fresh legs tonight. 

Squad has been stretched all season. 

As always total over reaction by some on here.

No over reaction at all

It looks like we’ve blown the CL for the second season running.

Clear as day 

Can't argue with that, all told 2-1 given how much worse we were first half is a good result for the GD.

Still think we'll manage it, by hook, or by crook.

Ayoze though, over the course of a season really hasn't shown nearly enough I'm afraid. I'd like to think I don't jump to conclusions on players, but I'm afraid it just isn't for him at this PL level.

• Like 1

The 1st half onslaught make it a deserved win. But yeez, this modern football thing of awarding diving from minimal contact is a joke.

And that Chelsea team's play acting towards the end rolling around like divas after similar contacts, that they themselves had been giving out all game just confirmed who I root for in the CL final. Respect lost there.

Oh well. Back to watching The FA Cup highlights. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Chilwell really trying to give Joe Mattock a run for his money for being the most hated ex Leicester player... 

No contest. After today and the final its him. I actually despise him the smug little shayte. Can't understand how a player can turn like he has. Hope he has a shit career and that's not bitter that's what he deserves. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Win that game and qualify for the Champions League.  We were utterly pathetic until they were 2-0 up.  

I don't mind losing when we play well and come up against quality opposition, but we didn't turn up today.  That's the disappointing bit.

Atrocious.

Forgotten about Saturday already? Get a grip man 

Just now, bennytwohats said:

Don’t forget Vardy. And as much as I love him Youri was awful tonight. Useless to single people out in a performance like that.

We are out of steam

Maddison and Perez had the job of getting us up the pitch by holding the ball and making themselves constantly available for forward passes, both of them failed miserably at it. So there you go that's why I singled them out.

I tried watching that game without either my phone or any commentary at all and boy am I glad we did. I can only imagine how much Sky were loving the fact they were going to get some final day drama. 

I thought it was one of those games that was crying out for a first half substitute. We were getting none of the ball and when we had it, we were using it poorly. A mixture of the wrong tactics and poor decisions on the ball. 

Also because of the fact that I didn't listen to any comms I didn't hear the verdict on the penalty, it didn't look like there was any contact to me - but Fofana's face probably makes me think he touched him! 

Really tough to take 5th place 2 seasons in a row after the 2 years we've had, but it's such great progress that we've made. Maybe next year we'll be the ones that are shit for half a season and brilliant for the second half, and sneak into the top 4 at the expense of another club.