Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

Deserved it lose that on the performance. Had a chance to shithouse it, but instead Perez continues to lose the fans patience. We've been playing below par for weeks, just seem to be getting the rub of the green. Definitely would of taken FA Cup & Europa over top 4 so not too arsed. We'll see how it pans out now I guess. Mount needs to put some padding on the end of his nose.. proper little weapon that

Edited by bfox

Tiredness and fatigue comes into it but that loss was our own making:

- we needed to get nacho on earlier when we realised that the ball wasn’t sticking up front. Conceding was just inevitable.  

- Perez should have come off as he was offering nothing (although neither was Madders so sub them both)

- individual mistakes (although can’t be too harsh on Fofana given recent performances)

- conceding from corners again ffs

- Vardy is struggling big time at the moment - he’s just not the same 

• Like 1

Chilwell is a dick head though. How he managed to steal a £50m move to Chelsea I’ll never know, the lad isn’t even good, a fit JJ is twice the player. Can’t wait to see him piss his career away when they finally realise he’s shit.

It shouldn’t be us that are embarrassed tonight anyway. Chelsea have nearly a billion £ worth of talent in their team, and they’ve scraped the top four without laying a glove on city or United. 

That’s pretty embarrassing. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3

They deserved to win.

You can't play for ten minutes and expect to win.

Big Dan got a nice punch in which was about all we won all night.

Ayoze Perez won't get a better opportunity to score, not really sure what to say about his shot.

• Like 1

I've seen this before with Rodgers. Baffling decisions and a stubborness about changing the system or using players. It's always a mixed feeling because he is a brilliant manager. I've no idea what he was thinking tonight. Really strange set up. Chelsea were always going to come out of the traps eager for revenge and to secure their CL place. That the manager couldn't somehow see it is his limitations. He lacks a killer touch.

Sad to say but time is up for Jamie. 2 goals in some 17 or so games he's on the periphery of games, still chasing the lost cause, but a striker is absolutely a position that must be strengthened in the summer.

Edited by Deebhoy

Just now, hejammy said:

No contest. After today and the final its him. I actually despise him the smug little shayte. Can't understand how a player can turn like he has. Hope he has a shit career and that's not bitter that's what he deserves. 

it is bitter, but if there's one place you don't have to apologise for having that attitude about him it's here!

for the record I completely agree - but he's an absolutely perfect fit for Chelsea. We got £50m for him. Live and let live. 

6 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Still in our hands. Just need to put ten past Spurs to ensure we've a better goal difference than Liverpool.

Come on Burnley, Palace or Villa. Do us a favour and make it easier.

After that game hope villa do Chelsea and ****up a few players so they can’t play in the ECL final and lose that too.

• Like 1

As much as Mike Dean is useless.

As much as we hate Chilwell and Rudiger.

Imagine starting Maddison AND Perez over a player literally at the top of the goalscoring charts in Europe.

Was always going to be tough tonight but we don't help ourselves.

Oh also, don't let Tielemans' heroics on Saturday detract from the fact he was terrible tonight. Misplaced passes, bullied off the ball, and that's before we get onto the corners.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I wish Nacho had started over Maddison 

Nacho was awful on Saturday, nothing stuck to him.

We also got overrun in the midfield quite a bit on Saturday so I can see Brendon’s logic with the starting line up... but it clearly didn’t work tonight. 

We were in the firing line tonight - getting any sort of points tonight was always going to be a massive challenge, but I sense tonight will lead to some interesting confrontations between us and them next season. 

• Like 2

I think the Perez miss, and it looked far easier to score, covers up the fact that we were clearly second best tonight. Chelsea should have been out of sight.

Show some of the urgency that we did when Ricardo came on and we should beat Spurs. Then, who knows?

Guest ttfn

What an absolutely horrible match:

Chelsea were superb in that first half, credit where it’s due. We might have been poor but they were absolutely on it.

Our performance was stinking, yet again the 5 at the back with the box midfield looks like the worst formation known to man. We were set up to fail, the fact that there was no change until 60 mins is baffling.

Second half was properly grim, Chelsea just threw themselves to the floor every time we went near them. We didn’t get going at all and didn’t seem to press them until about the 75th minute and about 2 minutes later we scored.

Mike Dean was absolutely horrendous as usual. Managed to not give a penalty for a very clear foul by Tielemans, gave a foul outside the area for a dive inside the area by Werner and didn’t spot Werner throwing the ball in from 2 yards. Gave absolutely every 50:50 Chelsea’s way.

Had you offered me a win in 1 game I would have taken Saturday but that is from the same stupid school of thought that we should have let Ranieri take us down after we won the league because we would have taken that in 2014. Saturday was incredible but taken in isolation today was very poor, we were tactically awful and unforgivably we just didn’t seem to want it as much as them. Perhaps there is something in the way the two clubs operate that lends itself to that: Chelsea have become so accustomed to the Champions League that the thought of being without it is intolerable, for us it is a bonus now we’ve achieved one of the club’s main objectives. But I’m not sure it makes today’s showing any easier to stomach.

Dirty cheating Chelski scum definitely were piss Ed after losing the final some of there diving and tackles were disgraceful and Dean allowed them to influence him, slimeball Chilwell has really showed his true colours the ungrateful little slimy Cnut !

But we certainly didn’t help ourselves tonight awful display only got better when we changed it a bit on 70min We May have sh17 the bed for CL place again but we do have an FA Cup ?

just hope Liverpool Sh1t the bed now & we beat the spuds Villa beat Scummy Chelski 🙏

Let's be honest if we don't finish in the top 4 it's not because of tonight's result. 

We were out played they freshened up their squad we couldn't. 

Ricardo looked bright when he had the chance to. 

And Chillwell could end up being the new Matock for me. He created that whole thing at the end and lay there smiling. 

• Like 1