Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chelsea A Post Match Thread

Disgusted with that really.

Another game where we’ve hardly been in the game.

Couldn’t have much more luck in terms of decisions going our way.

Until we go behind then we decide to wake the **** up, go forward, try and actually go for it when it’s all too little too late!

5th place it is I guess.

The FA Cup and Europa next season, I’ll take it, it’s success, it’s progression and a good season all in all but to have been in the top 4 for 2 whole seasons except the 2 weeks that count is sickening, disgusting.

The FA Cup sweetens the sour taste this year but only just.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

Pretty poor really - too passive for 75 minutes. 

Not a fan of the team selection and it didn't really work, Chelsea were easily the better side.

Pretty disappointed but I can't say I'm surprised. As others have pointed out, we shouldn't be relying on Chelsea away to stay in the CL - it's all the home games we lost against bottom half teams that have really cost us.

It is going to be gutting if we end up in the Europa again but as always, comments on here are ott.

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 2

Pity we didn't show the effort and fight throughout that we did in the last ten.

As for Chilwell, gets up, nothing wrong with him. Pathetic. 

Being honest though that performance isn't Champions League. We can't hope to hang on in games and not create anything. Hurry up and come back Barnes.

Can't help reflecting back at other games; Fulham, Leeds, Newcastle. We'd have been home and hosed.

Maddison didn't look happy coming off but what does he expect? I'd have kept him on over Perez, but he can't complain. Just not happening for him.

Anyhow we won the FA Cup on Saturday. Can't be down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’d love to care but I’m not arsed.

Can’t be mad at any of them after Saturday.

Not actually mad at the players (except Pérez). Annoyed at BR today I am not often too critical of him. Wrong decisions before and during the game. 

Also Chilwell will hear me boo more than I've ever booed any player before next season. 

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

No contest. After today and the final its him. I actually despise him the smug little shayte. Can't understand how a player can turn like he has. Hope he has a shit career and that's not bitter that's what he deserves. 

Sad after the pathway we gave him.

There's something really 'Leicester City' about only turning up once we've gone 2-0 down, then giving us hope only for it to fizzle out lol I'm sure that happened every other match in 14-15, ah the nostalgia lol

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We fought in the last 15. I wish we played at least 60 mins like that.

It always looks like that as when teams are winning, they naturally tend to sit back and give up more space and the ball. They look to counter. Add to that the fact we suddenly have more of the ball more and have to attack, it always flatters. We were outplayed and outworked and the luck went their way too. That Perez chance though! Would have been one of the most undeserved 2-2 ever but how I would have taken it! 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, 21st Century Fox said:

Amartey MOTM

Showed the most aggression he’s ever shown in a City shirt

He’ll be gone in the summer 

You can call them and their fans cnuts (which they no doubt are) but the reality is BR ****ed this up. Madders was a shadow of his former self and Perez a complete waste of space. Rodgers shouldve made the subs in half time instead he waited till the 60th minute like we had all the time in the world. Massively disappointing

And please let's not turn BR into some sort of a sacred cow after the cup win. He was right on Saturday, well done for that, but fuched up big time today, and shouldn't be absolved from the criticism (same goes for the players obviously). 

I'm not a miserable git my glass is still more than half full but **** me it was just so poor from the manager, to see him not react to that first half  

• Like 2

I can kind of see why Rodgers did this today, Iheanacho was really poor on Saturday and he was tricked in to thinking that Perez and Maddison could act as a real nuisance in between Chelsea's defence and midfield and try and cause them to let Vardy in.

Truth is, until Iheanacho and Ricardo came on we were penned back ourselves so much.

We are still the victims of such few options in midfield and attack since February and if only one of them I'd off form then it becomes a slog.

Speechless at Perez there, could have been a hero but that just sums up his composure as he's done that before when the opportunity presents itself to effect the result.

This isn't over, I'd still not be surprised to see Liverpool or Chelsea fail to win one of their games before the end of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Really?

Yeah, i'm a realist Chelsea losing to us fans in the stadium for the first time in ages, them losing to us 3 days ago, having more strength in depth to rotate with a bit more quality, the injuries/ lack of form to our better players, the last 5 years has been sensational, footballers are human beings, an football as well as ability is played on emotion, tonight was always a tough task.

• Like 1