Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Europa League - Blessing in disguise?

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Premier League

FA Cup

Europa League?

The Europa League has to be the next big trophy we can realistically have a chance of winning so that's be optimistic and be blessed we're in it. 

Yes, I know we can still qualify for the EL by getting knocked out of the CL early but you can easily end up in no man's land and we've done that before already.

How about going 'all gun blazing' for the EL next season especially if it's obvious we're not having a top 4 challenge. 

imagine in 2014 if a time traveller told you by 2022 you'd have done the Premier League, FA Cup, Europa League and reached the champions League Quarter Final by 2022! 

Agreed but will need a bigger squad and more quality in several positions to sustain a challenge but would be great to win a European Trophy.

• Like 1

It’s not as sexy as the CL. But, it is still something.... and a competition we can win if we are serious about it. Let’s go for it, why not? We’ve beaten both of the CL finalists this season, one twice, and yesterday gave them a scare with key players missing? 

We are growing as a club by the season. Steady wins the race, consistency is key. Back to back EL finishes and a trophy to boot. 

Let’s keep hold of the key players, build and grow. 

I have a good feeling that next season we will do something special again. I think we will win the EL and finish in the top four. And then it’s a case of sustaining it.

Rome wasn’t built in a day, keep the faith (And Youri). 

• Like 3

Next season, the EL has less teams and won’t have a round of 32. Knockout is last 16.

with an easier group phase than CL, we can play weaker sides than we would have to in the prem and still get through to the last sixteen. 

One of Spurs or arsenal (or perhaps both) will not be in Europe next season so for us to compete wit( them will be tougher than it was this season. 

I'm not sure, if Rodgers and top players stay I'd agree with you, but if we don't get champions league it wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers decided to go and a few of our top players leaving too, who feel they have champions league quality, which a few do and the bigger club will come offering that :(