Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Europa League - Blessing in disguise?

I’m still not sure why we didn’t persue this more this season. Losing to Prague wasn’t the best, when you consider the talent we have. We never looked that convincing once we were out of the groups. Almost like we didn’t want to be in it. 

I guess squad depth and being our lowest priority competition was the factor. 

I’d be happy with a Europa League win in all honesty. 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I’m still not sure why we didn’t persue this more this season. Losing to Prague wasn’t the best, when you consider the talent we have. We never looked that convincing once we were out of the groups. Almost like we didn’t want to be in it. 

I guess squad depth and being our lowest priority competition was the factor. 

I’d be happy with a Europa League win in all honesty. 

We were down to the bare bones and struggling with fixture congestion. They’re actually a really good side who were breezing their league so we were able to rest players.

Our EL campaign failed not for a lack of trying. Next season I want us to really prioritise it - we’re capable of winning it.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 3