Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Christian Fuchs Leaving

6 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

You have to change your expectations slightly when you watch and then you enjoy it more. Wish fuchs was on TFC though for selfish reasons.

From someone who lives about20 miles from the Bank of America stadium, leave him alone!! He’s going nowhere!

D82E3454-9C8A-4D54-9950-202BB30E44AB.jpeg

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Ya mls is shit. I support TFC but its nowhere near top European level football. 

Central American diving fits right in lol

All for One!

A bit gutted Altidore has left for the Revs. Him and Giovinco were arguably the best strike partnership MLS has ever seen.

Hope Fuchs does well individually, because his team are going to be near the bottom for the majority of their season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MPH said:

Charlotte FC playing their first ever home game tonight.  It’s expected to be the highest ever watched game in the  MLS history. ( huge capacity stadium).

is it on Sky or BT?

5 hours ago, turlo said:

They're showing the Inter Miami game in the UK instead

it’s a real shame. They are expecting a crowd of 75,000+ for the Charlotte FC game tonight. I wonder what Fuchs will make of that!

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

it’s a real shame. They are expecting a crowd of 75,000+ for the Charlotte FC game tonight. I wonder what Fuchs will make of that!

Is Fuchs likely to start? Will find a stream if he's playing 

40 minutes ago, majaco said:

75,000!  There is the potential for them to become a major force.

would be great to see especially with Fuchs as captain, did not think they would have that many that many people for an MLS game!

The fans in the States are really well organised but the club goes out of there way to help them too, I said this 10 years but it's a different world in the US the way fans are treated and actively encouraged to create an atmosphere.  Its something we can only dream of here.  No wonder its taken off in the states as I said it would all those years ago.  People can mock them as much as they like but that comes from ignorance and no experience of what its really like.  

There's no question in my mind 'soccer' will surpass most other sports in the US but culturally its not the same as here where its engrained in the British people that will take a lot longer but its already happening and will only get better.

As far as attendances go, well they have a huge advantage...population, add the fact other US sports are increasingly distant to the fans, the fact NFL has had so much bad press with CTE (as a parent which sport would you want your kid playing?), cheap tickets, fantastic stadiums, a whole different style of support, a game that's over in 2 hours with no ad breaks lol.

The potential was always there they just never managed to get it right until now.

With so many places in the states desperate for an MLS team I wonder if they'll ever do the unamerican thing of having lower divisions and relegation/promotion.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Atlanta have gotten over 70,000 numerous times.

Pretty impressive stadium they have as well isn't it? don't follow the MLS but its good to see it becoming more popular in the states.