Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Daniel James

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/05/22/leicester-city-emerge-as-contenders-to-sign-man-united-attacker/

According to recent reports, Leicester City are strong contenders to sign Manchester United winger Daniel James this summer.

That’s according to Manchester Gazzette reporter Paul Swinson, who claims the Foxes have identified United’s James as a possible summer signing.

Despite joining the Red Devils from Swansea two years ago, James’ time in Manchester has failed to live up to early expectations.

Failing to nail down a spot in manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first-team plans, the Welsh attacker’s future has been up in the air for quite some time.

There were rumours last summer that Leeds United could be interested, with owner Andrea Radrizzani confirming the club are big admirers of James – however, despite their interest, the Whites ruled themselves out of a possible summer approach.

Now, according to Swinson, another club looking to poach the 23-year-old is Leicester City.

Swinson claims that James’ chances of joining the Foxes will be increased if the Red Devils can finally land Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho.

Paul Swinson

@PauISwinson

TRANSFER NEWS Strong interest from Leicester to sign Daniel James. Rumours about Leeds gone quiet. Unlikely he stays at United especially if they get the Sancho deal done. Loan to buy looking most likely

Not if it's our main right wing signing. If it was in addition to someone like Pereira from West Brom, then Dan James on a loan to buy could be worth it to see if he develops. James can cover both wings with Barnes & Pereira first choice + we'd have Albrighton as a rotation option. 

I hope not, I was amazed Man Utd signed him looking at his stats for Swansea. He's very quick and that's about it, he'd be another failed replacement for Mahrez alongside Musa, Diabatte, Ghezzal, Perez, etc.

• Like 1

One of Man U's worst signing, looks so frightened when he's comes on the  pitch when they signed him, now never gets picked to play. If you read Man United s main forum the fans reckon he garbage and no way he is a Premier League footballer. So why should we help Man U out, let them keep their rejects

31 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I would take him, think BR would get the best out of him.

This is my view too. Depends on the price, but under 20m could be good business. He has blistering pace and a decent shot. He has a lot of raw ingredients that with finesse could be turned into a very good player. He reminds me a bit of Harvey Barnes from a few seasons ago.

Man U don't play good football. A player like this given lots of first team action with the right team could become a very good player IMO. Think he made a mistake joining Man U over Leeds because it scuppered his game time.

• Like 3

With no pace in the side since Harvey has been out we’ve been forced into this turgid side passing shite against the smaller teams. This kid doesn’t excite me but if he’s back up and can run fast the signing doesn’t bother me.

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is my view too. Depends on the price, but under 20m could be good business. He has blistering pace and a decent shot. He has a lot of raw ingredients that with finesse could be turned into a very good player. He reminds me a bit of Harvey Barnes from a few seasons ago.

Man U don't play good football. A player like this given lots of first team action with the right team could become a very good player IMO. Think he made a mistake joining Man U over Leeds because it scuppered his game time.

He looks like a rabbit in headlights when comes on the pitch for Man U. You reckon just under 20m is good business when Man U got rinsed for 15m!

• Like 2

Guest SO1

Haven't seen or heard about him for two years. If the club thinks its worth a shot at the right price then give him the "Under/Roma" deal. One year loan with no nonsense option to buy. Otherwise for me its a no. We can't afford a passenger at the club like Under. Especially long term.