Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Daniel James

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Assume you don’t follow Man It’s fans opinion on him then. lol

Hahah. The difference is, they're used to having top quality international players on the wings, so he's a level or two below what they're used to. We're used to Perez, Ghezzal, Gray and Albrighton :D

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
23 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I would take him, think BR would get the best out of him.

Bit like Under

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I wouldn't include Marc in that list myself.

I imagine that's probably more to do with the fact he's a very likeable bloke and fan favourite rather than his ability though. 

image.png.3ac30caa566d5606fd46526973c451af.png

Edited by filbertway

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

I noticed last week we were odds on favourites to sign him with SkyBet even though I’d not seen a single link/rumour… 

I noticed that too. Those odds are all very strange, at one point we were 1/10 to sign Bertrand, Grealish to Man City, and PSG likely to sign Messi and Ronaldo, oh and Countiniho to Everton. Would love to know where they get their sources from.

19 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Or a bit like Kelechi, all just demands on if things click with a player and they job the manager asks from him.

I assume Ayoze is still a work in process then. For me no more fixeruppers buy the real McCoy. 

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I assume Ayoze is still a work in process then. For me no more fixeruppers buy the real McCoy. 

Ayoze was a bad buy for our club for sure, he did ok at Newcastle but hasn't done enough here.

The real McCoy will be hard to bring here mostly if we miss out on Champions league football.

Even someone like Trincão is not a guaranteed real McCoy.

I don't think many players have been who have joined us.

We will again need to scout well but also take a risk on a young talent who could turn out to be great with the right coaching and management.

• Like 1

This is growing on me - think he'd fit the profile of the type of player we do well with and mesh well with a peer group that is much of this squad. A loan to buy a la Under wouldn't be a bad move at all. To be honest I think the biggest hurdle would be having United give us a chance to have him. Remember how Maitland Niles wouldn't be allowed to sign with Leicester for fear of strengthening a rival? Same story here I bet. 

Just now, knitro said:

This is growing on me - think he'd fit the profile of the type of player we do well with and mesh well with a peer group that is much of this squad. A loan to buy a la Under wouldn't be a bad move at all. To be honest I think the biggest hurdle would be having United give us a chance to have him. Remember how Maitland Niles wouldn't be allowed to sign with Leicester for fear of strengthening a rival? Same story here I bet. 

As long as he’s not the main one, I’d welcome him along with a starting RW. 

He’s a right sided Harvey Barnes basically. Fast and direct, for half the season, we’ll think he can’t hit a barn door, before scoring for fun.

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

Surely not gonna happen purely because of what he'd cost? They're gonna want at least 20-25m+. Only way it could happen is if that want the money to fund Grealish or Sancho maybe? But they're mega rich and they'll surely keep James around as a squad option and also for the English quota.

On 23/05/2021 at 13:39, filbertway said:

I imagine that's probably more to do with the fact he's a very likeable bloke and fan favourite rather than his ability though. 

image.png.3ac30caa566d5606fd46526973c451af.png

Think there's more to his game than just goals and assists which is a very basic evaluation of a footballer. There's clearly a reason why over that long period of time, all of our managers have continued to pick him and deploy him in different positions and I don't think they consider the fact that he's a likable bloke or a fans favourite. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

We're not interested in him apparently.

Whoever is finding a house must be looking for one for another bloke called Dan james.

On 23/05/2021 at 13:34, filbertway said:

Hahah. The difference is, they're used to having top quality international players on the wings, so he's a level or two below what they're used to. We're used to Perez, Ghezzal, Gray and Albrighton :D

Harsh on Albrighton, still a very useful player even now.

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Harsh on Albrighton, still a very useful player even now.

Manages about 2 goals a season playing for a top 6 side, starts regularly. Fine to have around the squad and maybe to see out a game, nothing more. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 1

He would be going from Man Utd, where there are better players than him on the left wing that have pushed him out to the right... to here, where Barnes is better than him and would push him out to the right. Maybe if our squad was nearly perfect would I be ok with taking a cheap punt on him. But it isn't.

• Like 1