Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Daniel James

15 hours ago, Tuna said:

Robbie Savage

Ritchie De Laet

Matty James

Danny Drinkwater.

Though I see the point, those players joined us when we were championship or mid table premier league, not a team in the top 6.

edit: though I absolute agree we shouldn’t write off squad players at United as not good enough for us.

Edited by turkish14
  • Like 1

We are probably one of those other clubs... but given we passed on Trincao, that suggests to me we are either going for a marquee signing at right wing, or more likely, not signing a winger at all and prepare to use what we have / go 3 at the back.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We are probably one of those other clubs... but given we passed on Trincao, that suggests to me we are either going for a marquee signing at right wing, or more likely, not signing a winger at all and prepare to use what we have / go 3 at the back.

Did we pass on Trincao or did Wolves just get a good deal on him because of Mendes?

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Not without signing a left wing back we won't. Bertrand isn't one of those either. Gosens would have made that more likely.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Did we pass on Trincao or did Wolves just get a good deal on him because of Mendes?

We weren't linked with Trincao this summer at all. For as much as we all talked about it, there was not one link between the club and us this summer. So that suggests to me that we didn't even pass on him, but rather we moved on altogether.

There have been links with:

- Noni Madieuke of PSV. (Has been seen at the Dortmund training ground, suggesting he will sign for them).

- Dan James of Man United. (Rumoured to have been seen looking at houses in the area)

- Domenico Berradi of Sassulo. (More tenuous links, nothing really concrete)

- Arnaut Danjuma of Bournemouth. (Linked with a move to Germany)

At the start of the summer, John Percy linked us with Edouard (signed Daka instead), Robin Gosens (signed Bertrand instead), Soumare (signed!). There have been no reliable links to any right forward at all for quite a while.

But this is Leicester we are talking about, a club famous for pulling rabbits out of the hat. Fofana last year and Daka this came from nowhere. The link with Trincao last season was also out of nowhere. So anything is possible.

IMO we might not be looking at a winger at all. We lost 2 wingers in Gray and Under and last season found that Iheanacho is one of the best striker in the league with a partner. I can see us playing either 3412 or a narrow 442 without wingers as our main formations this season. Barnes could operate as another striker / forward in that system.

Sowah did return from loan this season so maybe we have one player we can use, but he is totally unproven in the Premier League.

Personally I hope we do sign one. We have played our best stuff under Brendan using 4231!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

If we are going to get a wide player, for balance we need a left-footed one so that during the game we can switch from inverted wingers to traditional wingers.

Therefore a right footed James doesn't make the cut.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not without signing a left wing back we won't. Bertrand isn't one of those either. Gosens would have made that more likely.

Ricardo will play a lot as a winger.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers used a narrow 442 at Liverpool in his best season there. This is what that system might look like if we played it:

image.jpeg

Players are interchangeable, e.g. Nacho instead of Daka, Thomas instead of Bertrand. Ricardo instead of Castagne.

Barnes could rotate with Vardy. He doesn't have to be an out and out striker, but do what he does best; start out wide and drift inside to support the attack. He played that way away to Leeds early in the season, even if we went 5 at the back for that game.

But I do agree that even in this system, Gosens would have really made it work. But Soumare is the player we signed first, even if not announced first. We literally identified and had him in the bag in February. So personally I am expecting him to be more than just a Youri replacement.

The great thing about our squad now though is we have massive depth and can play in lots of ways. Exciting times!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We weren't linked with Trincao this summer at all. For as much as we all talked about it, there was not one link between the club and us this summer. So that suggests to me that we didn't even pass on him, but rather we moved on altogether.

There have been links with:

- Noni Madieuke of PSV. (Has been seen at the Dortmund training ground, suggesting he will sign for them).

- Dan James of Man United. (Rumoured to have been seen looking at houses in the area)

- Domenico Berradi of Sassulo. (More tenuous links, nothing really concrete)

- Arnaut Danjuma of Bournemouth. (Linked with a move to Germany)

At the start of the summer, John Percy linked us with Edouard (signed Daka instead), Robin Gosens (signed Bertrand instead), Soumare (signed!). There have been no reliable links to any right forward at all for quite a while.

But this is Leicester we are talking about, a club famous for pulling rabbits out of the hat. Fofana last year and Daka this came from nowhere. The link with Trincao last season was also out of nowhere. So anything is possible.

IMO we might not be looking at a winger at all. We lost 2 wingers in Gray and Under and last season found that Iheanacho is one of the best striker in the league with a partner. I can see us playing either 3412 or a narrow 442 without wingers as our main formations this season. Barnes could operate as another striker / forward in that system.

Sowah did return from loan this season so maybe we have one player we can use, but he is totally unproven in the Premier League.

Personally I hope we do sign one. We have played our best stuff under Brendan using 4231!

I have a feeling Percy's been taken off us at the Telegraph. Looking at his tweets he's not really said anything about us since mid May:

Otherwise it's just been the usual midlands clubs and a couple of others (he broke the Oz Prekki to Celtic story)

Mike McGrath broke the Daka story then Romano sort of took over. Just feels like our profile within the media is changing a bit.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
25 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Except we have no depth on the wing and can’t play with wingers as currently constructed.  Scary times.

Scary times 🤣🤣🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Mike McGrath broke the Daka story then Romano sort of took over. Just feels like our profile within the media is changing a bit.

Seems like we're being moved from smaller local reporters to bigger names

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

Then we'll need to buy another right sided defender

Castagne, VDC, Ricardo, Thomas and Justin. We'll sign a winger I'm sure but Ricardo will be an option up there.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Castagne, VDC, Ricardo, Thomas and Justin. We'll sign a winger I'm sure but Ricardo will be an option up there.

...don't count on it, I am sure Rodgers is happy with his options at the moment, he has solidified the midfield, fired up the attack, I suspect a backup Centre Back and with players coming back from injury, he will happy!!!

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

I hope the first bit of that sentence proves to be correct, and the second bit doesn’t!

Rodgers said it was the plan last year, Ricardo was just never up to speed to do it properly.

49 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Rodgers said it was the plan last year, Ricardo was just never up to speed to do it properly.

It was the plan when he had Justin, Castagne and Thomas fully fit too and Ünder had pretty much been chinned off.