Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Daniel James

13 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Ricardo will play a lot as a winger.

Getting that sinking feeling we're not going for one if that's true. Just seems mad to me. I think we're probably that, and maybe a centre half if you're being picky away from a nearly spot on summer.

47 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Getting that sinking feeling we're not going for one if that's true. Just seems mad to me. I think we're probably that, and maybe a centre half if you're being picky away from a nearly spot on summer.

The thirties were a great decade apart from the Great Depression and WW II. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Where were West ham in the league, when they loaned them Jessie Lingard.

I think that was a bit different in that Man Utd probably didn't see West Ham as a threat for Champions League, where as they did with us

They were 6th at the time he joined them on loan and stuck in a group of other teams on similar points

image.png.efd15fd6a41bd0910d08841c5a9f7e32.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think that was a bit different in that Man Utd probably didn't see West Ham as a threat for Champions League, where as they did with us

They were 6th at the time he joined them on loan and stuck in a group of other teams on similar points

image.png.efd15fd6a41bd0910d08841c5a9f7e32.png

I still don't think it would stop Man U doing business with us, the door swings both ways they may want a Leicester player in the near future. 

1 hour ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Funny that, they top six are always ready to buy from us , different rule apply ?

Loaning not buying. If we were to buy him they would sell at the right price. But wouldn't loan to a direct rival. 

• Like 2

I can't see us signing a winger of any kind unless we offload one or two players. Ideally Perez and Choudhury but the former must have incriminating pictures of Rodgers to even get anywhere near the matchday squad, let alone the starting 11.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Walshy5 said:

I can't see us signing a winger of any kind unless we offload one or two players. Ideally Perez and Choudhury but the former must have incriminating pictures of Rodgers to even get anywhere near the matchday squad, let alone the starting 11.

The latter probably does as well.

5 hours ago, Nick said:

Article today saying we remain interested (allegedly) and are bookies favourites at 7/4 ahead of Brighton and Villa...

image.png.10bcf51d59f4fd39d737fb44ec244acf.png

not sure if this has been a recent drop or if we've been that short for a while

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, SamGLCFC said:

Nothing else though. End product is non existent

He has only ever impressed me occasionally on the left for Swansea/Man Utd/Wales - always thought on the right he is the kind of player who just runs into blind alleys

Wouldn't see the point in signing him really - unless Albrighton does leave and he could come in as back up/rotation along with Sowah

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He's only been a game-changer with Swansea.

Top-6 Championship is his level, unfortunately

....I can't agree with that!!!

So long as he is plays in a more direct way, then he can recapture what it was that brought him to United's attention. Attempting to link and make runs off the ball and learning to fit into a way of playing which he is not suited to, does not help him.

The way I try to look at this is see the players who came and went and were pretty decent elsewhere. Lukaku, Di Maria, Blind, Darmain, Falque and soon to be Van de beek.

I'm aware it happens everywhere but they seem to have built up a reputation for it. So I think it'll be worth it. Definitely a player there.

Torn on this one. Weirdly, I would be more for it, if we were actually signing him, as could be worth us trying to develop him into a top player.

On loan, not sure it makes that much sense for us, himself or Man U. 

He probably isn't good enough to be starting every week for us and surely Man U want him to be playing if sending him out. 

If we are truly spent up though and a dream of signing a top RW is just that, a dream, then I can think of worst options to have as a winger on loan. 

• Like 1