Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Daniel James

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It was James being signed directly from Swansea, everyone would be excited. Just because he’s had a limp season with United doesn’t mean he’s shit. I actually think half the time he played he was one of their better performers. 

Bit of Brendan magic, and this kid would be unreal. Imagine the pace and him and Barnes on either flank? 

He has got pace to burn, which would come in handy on the counter attack, but he doesn`t really have a trick, so is not so effective against teams with men behind the ball, and his end product leaves something to be desired too.

We could do worse, but i`m not sure he is the technically gifted winger that we could do with, to open up those packed defences that we come up against more these days.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It was James being signed directly from Swansea, everyone would be excited. Just because he’s had a limp season with United doesn’t mean he’s shit. I actually think half the time he played he was one of their better performers. 

Bit of Brendan magic, and this kid would be unreal. Imagine the pace and him and Barnes on either flank? 

Well it’s not even hypothetical, we were linked when he was at Swansea and everyone was on board 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Well it’s not even hypothetical, we were linked when he was at Swansea and everyone was on board 

True and he actually started his career at Man U on fire and then got pushed down the pecking order and had mixed performances after. 

I want a better winger to come in, but this could still be an OK option 

A very limited player who really  only has one asset & that is pace. Handy player to have on the counter but not very useful against a team who sits back. His end product leaves a lot to be desired & I don't see that he would bring much to City.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

A very limited player who really  only has one asset & that is pace. Handy player to have on the counter but not very useful against a team who sits back. His end product leaves a lot to be desired & I don't see that he would bring much to City.

If anyone can polish a turd/rough diamond 

Brendan can 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Not good enough! We play possession football. So against teams sat deep every game he’d be useless 

any right winger we sign isn’t going to be a nailed on starter for every game simply because we won’t play with wingers every game. Rodgers is clearly looking to get the players for two different formations to suit different games. 

not having the players to adapt made us look a little one dimensional at times last season..

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Not good enough! We play possession football. So against teams sat deep every game he’d be useless 

Problem is when Barnes is injured and Vardy is off colour we’re really slow. I don’t mind this but we need pace + trickery

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MPH said:

any right winger we sign isn’t going to be a nailed on starter for every game simply because we won’t play with wingers every game. Rodgers is clearly looking to get the players for two different formations to suit different games. 

not having the players to adapt made us look a little one dimensional at times last season..

fixed it

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Couldn't polish Demari Gray

...Gray saw the game in a one dimensional way and no amount of coaching was going to change his approach  to it!!!

However there was a period where he was switching the play and looked good with his approach play, it did not last long.

When he retires he will write, regarding what was asked of him, "... if only they had......" it will be the title of his book.

9 hours ago, gurru991 said:

10 hours ago, smudger63 said:

He has got pace to burn, which would come in handy on the counter attack, but he doesn`t really have a trick, so is not so effective against teams with men behind the ball, and his end product leaves something to be desired too.

We could do worse, but i`m not sure he is the technically gifted winger that we could do with, to open up those packed defences that we come up against more these days.

This is exactly right, the reason Man U looked ****ing clueless at breaking teams down last year is that most of their front line were suited to playing on the counter attack, fast and direct, but when teams defended deep they were fooked. Only got a bit better after they got Cavani in, there's a reason he became a starter there. We don't need to do down this route, we're already excellent on the counter with Jamie and Harvey.

He's got the raw attributes to be an effective winger and he's never had a coach as good as Brendan in his career, so I think if we can get him for roughly £10m then it's a good deal. We desperately lack pace on the right when Perez/Albrighton play there so this will alleviate that somewhat. How many careers have Man United absolutely destroyed over the past few years too - really isn't a good barometer.