Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Daniel James

27 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

There'll be differing opinions on James (and the title of this vid made me laugh), but one thing is for sure, the guy is absolutely rapid:

Absolutely. But I meant Daka - just didn’t word it well! 😂. But thanks, anyway 👍

41 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

People keep saying he’s quick. Is it wishful thinking or a given?? The few clips I saw of him he really didn’t look that fast. Do any of the computer games give him a “pace” rating??  

FIFA gives him like 93 pace which is very fast, but how accurate that is I don’t know we haven’t seen Daka too often 

Edited by FoxOnWheels
  • Thanks 1

Ten goals in over eighty matches is pretty poor for an attacker. I am really not interested in assists, his scoring record is way below par. He has virtually no versatility either which Rodgers would prefer. He is an OK player but if we are going to spend upward of 20 million that is not good enough.

I agree with the criticism regarding his name. Does he have any middle names? Daniel Christopher James? DCJ. A whole different player for me and a couple of million more at least.

I’ve given up on the possibility of us ever signing a big name winger and so I’m up for buying anyone at this point, the shitter the better, thereby fending off the possibly of Mahrez comparisons, again, and the resultant disappointment.

Does anyone remember people comparing Under to Mahrez, with the suggestion he’s his successor, after three decent assists, at which point Rodgers never played him again? I’m not even sure Rodgers agrees with the concept of a right-sided winger.

Get him in. Whatever. I’m game.

Edited by Foxxed
Spelling is difficult

16 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we have not looked seriously at solving the problem at Right Wing!!!

This is the essence of it for me.  Under was debatably a serious attempt, but Rodgers never gave him a chance.  Prior attempts were not remotely serious.  What's puzzling is that despite not trying to fill that spot, we continued to trot out formations with right wingers - if we're been playing (ugh) five at the back all along, I could understand it.  In fact probably the best we looked was when Praet played as an inverted RW while Maddison was being eased back in at the start of last season.

Occam's Razor suggests that our seeming lack of connections to starting-caliber RW candidates (sorry, @Ric Flair) means we're just not going to use a RW most of the time.  But when we've gone three seasons without a real RW and still never sourced one, who knows what the thinking is?

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, vanity said:

I get it, but I bet you'll love watching him play if he comes. He's a clear upgrade over what we have now.

He's only 23, not yet a finished product, BR will have a chance to work some of his magic. But he's got speed enough to sprint and get around the corner on a FB, though that is just an aspect of his game. He's shifty, relies a lot on his movement and acceleration, and has a good sense for how to use his body effectively against larger players, which allows him to cut inside and weave through traffic while maintaining possession. Solid with the ball at his feet, plus he defends great for a winger, and has a real eye for threading the needle with his passing. If we move Ayoze and get him, if we're talking g+a, we'd be looking at 5/9, 6/8, something like that I bet. 

I'm hopeful. That would be a very fast attacking front, I can see a lot of success counter-attacking against world-class sides. Sure, I'd like some more goal scoring, someone like Riyad would add a ton to this team when we struggle to crack a low block, but this would be a very good acquisition nonetheless.

Hopefully I do love watching him play. I have never written anyone off before they have kicked a ball for us. Hope he brings what we need. However speed alone isn’t enough and from what I have seen recently of him he lacks end product. 

Hopefully he can still develop this and I’ll back him to start with either way.

Just a little reminder that Vardy went from written off to nearly quitting, to become one of the premier leagues all time greats. 

The lads got mustard, Brendan’s got more man management and coaching skills than ‘Olly at the wheel could dream of’…..

If we could somehow convince Yanited to sell to us it would be a very, very shrewd signing. 

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Just a little reminder that Vardy went from written off to nearly quitting, to become one of the premier leagues all time greats. 

The lads got mustard, Brendan’s got more man management and coaching skills than ‘Olly at the wheel could dream of’…..

If we could somehow convince Yanited to sell to us it would be a very, very shrewd signing. 

If we want average Dan's the man. 20 million will get you "roadrunner" but a warning only good in a straight line. Even Brendan would struggle to improve him much. No, we should keep our money for a better model.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

If we want average Dan's the man. 20 million will get you "roadrunner" but a warning only good in a straight line. Even Brendan would struggle to improve him much. No, we should keep our money for a better model.

How on Earth can you say that? The lads 23!! 

He’s got all of the assets needed to be a great player, he simply need the correct management style to get the best out of him.

To suggest Brendan would struggle to Improve him is plain daft, what would be the point in signing anyone if that was the case?

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He’s got all of the assets needed to be a great player, he simply need the correct management style to get the best out of him.

To suggest Brendan would struggle to Improve him is plain daft, what would be the point in signing anyone if that was the case?

We need a multi skilled player who is ready to impact the game immediately like Berardi or Pereira. James would just get a kicking from the match thread headbangers and "waste of money" would soon appear. I know the main problem is we won't spend the necessary money. It is frustrating but that is club policy.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

We need a multi skilled player who is ready to impact the game immediately like Berardi or Pereira. James would just get a kicking from the match thread headbangers and "waste of money" would soon appear. I know the main problem is we won't spend the necessary money. It is frustrating but that is club policy.

Not sure, how multi skilled was Jamie when turned up, stank the place out (well, sort of) and look what he has become. James has a similar vibe too me.

And no, I am not aligning them, just drawing attention to the folly of sweeping cinclusions is all. Might be worth it, 15m is less he could well be worth a punt.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure, how multi skilled was Jamie when turned up, stank the place out (well, sort of) and look what he has become. James has a similar vibe too me.

And no, I am not aligning them, just drawing attention to the folly of sweeping cinclusions is all. Might be worth it, 15m is less he could well be worth a punt.

If James had a better goal scoring record most would ignore his limitations. Jamie, of course, is an exception to every rule so its very difficult to use him as an example.

When he was at Swansea he looked a very good young player. He made the classic mistake of moving to a big club where he hasn't played enough or been able to develop like he would if he hadn't made such a jump up. 

I think he absolutely needs to take a step back to move forward and I think he will develop into a good player.

In previous seasons I'd be all over us being the club he makes a step back too and if it happened I wouldn't be against it, but wonder if he needs a bigger step back to guarantee game time and get where he needs to be. Leeds being the obvious move. 

It wouldn't be such a big risk if he was 2 years younger and on an upwards trajectory but do have my doubts on this one.

We've come on so much in the last few seasons and wonder if we are the right club for him now, that said I trust the club to know what they are doing so will eagerly wait and see who else we bring in. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

He plays in Barnes position, he has shown very little on the RW. He would be ok but I would be very skeptical that he would be a good enough upgrade on Albrighton to actually bring us up a level. If we had a player of even Barnes quality on the RW, our whole attack would be very hard to stop. That's what we should be aiming for, and if they are a right winger that probably means a left-footer. 

• Like 3