Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Daniel James

2 hours ago, Simoken said:

Lets not forget the two man utd rejects that got us where we are today... drinkwater and James so id def take any potential from the mutd camp.

The big difference there is that we were picking up those players whilst in the Championship. We’ve finished the last two seasons in 5th in the Premier League.

With the exception of the 15/16 Drinkwater vintage we’ve currently smashed through what would have been their ceiling as players. I’m nervous about picking up MU rejects. We’ve come a little way since: DD, James, RDL, Lawrence, Powell and co.

51 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

I think he would be a great asset to the squad tbf, it wasn’t long ago he was in Man U’s starting 11 playing very good football, be a great signing this 

He's no longer in the starting 11 because they preferred to play an 18 year old striker out of position on the right.

• Haha 1

Quality player, needs a club with a manager that can grow individuals. Rodgers has a track record of pushing players, and Leicester is a great place for developing if players have the right attitude.

Justin James went from being a cup rotation right-back to being authentically within contention for an England spot.

20 mill, gerrimin.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

More that if Dan James was actually any good, he'd be ahead of an out of position Greenwood.

If Dan James was good enough to start as a winger for a team better than ours then we probably wouldn't be interested

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

Good old Justin James !

James Justin’s slightly slower cousin?

Right I put my hands up, I fudged up. Ironically, at the time of that post I was fudging down.

Back to the family stand I go.

• Haha 1

Feel like Dan James would be another stop gap signing, he won’t take us to another level and I think I’d rather give Sowah a chance than spend at least a couple of million in loan fees on James. There’s not enough goals or assists coming from the right flank and can’t see James changing that

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

More that if Dan James was actually any good, he'd be ahead of an out of position Greenwood.

Rightly or wrongly, Ole rates Greenwood incredibly highly and would pretty much crowbar him in to the side under any circumstances. 

You get the feeling he's almost trying to make him his Phil Foden a la Pep. 

I'm not suggesting either Greenwood OR James are brilliant footballers or that you're definitely wrong and James would improve us. But it definitely is a bit of a stretch to write any player off based primarily on Ole's selection.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Reginaldo said:

Apart from being fast what has he got? I’d honestly re-sign Demarai than get Dan James in.

Steady on. Although TBF there's not much difference except one is a brummie and the other is welsh. One we tried and let go, the other the same just at Man Utd. There is a difference between us picking up academy players that utd no longer need when we were a championship club, like DD, MJ and RDL as mentioned above, and someone they have spent decent money on, tried at first team level and rejected. Its not like they have a multitude of options in his position either. They obviously do not rate him.

Not one for me i'm afraid. But, if he did end up here, like all of our other players i would back him and hope he improved, but i do not think it would be a wise move to shell out £25M or whatever they are asking for him.

44 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

I think this could be a loan deal done on transfer deadline day if we can't get anyone better in.

...it is as if we can't be bothered to get a genuine player for that position!!!

When it was suggested that we could pick him up at £10m,I was not convinced he would be what we need to fill the role. So far as i am aware he is more proficient on the left, he has played on the right but has not been effective.

At £25m it is just a farce that we should be even thinking of making any kind of deal that will get him here, only for us to be looking to offload him in 18 months with yet another speculative figure who might or might not fit the role.

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Shame …. would have been great for us …. Rodgers would have turned him into a world beater and Manure would have been kicking themselves for a good few years for letting him go .