Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Daniel James

31 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

This is as good as he is ever going to get. A marginal improvement on Gray. 20 million to buy and another hefty contract . Not really worth it I would say.

I don’t know how you can suggest this? Have you time travelled into the future to see how he develops? 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

The first 6 months at United when James was a regular he got 3 goals and 6 assists. He's been patchy since then, there's something there though. Reminds me of Barnes when he first hit the team.

The question for me (if this is real) is can he take instruction and therefore improve with the same level of pace as the rest of the team. Has he been held back at United? He definitely has some strong attributes. We need better delivery and some goals. There are plenty of RWs with pace,(ok, he's up there) but we need more end product, it doesn't have to be massive, just better than we've got at the minute. Does he have a good work ethic? Not seen anything to suggest he doesn't. No big ego. Could working with Albrighton bring him up a level?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

The question for me (if this is real) is can he take instruction and therefore improve with the same level of pace as the rest of the team. Has he been held back at United? He definitely has some strong attributes. We need better delivery and some goals. There are plenty of RWs with pace,(ok, he's up there) but we need more end product, it doesn't have to be massive, just better than we've got at the minute. Does he have a good work ethic? Not seen anything to suggest he doesn't. No big ego. Could working with Albrighton bring him up a level?

Exactly, not watched him play much but he's shown enough promise to be worth investing in, if you've got the time and resources. Our problem is we need someone who's ready to go straight into the first 11 if we're using wide players (I don't think we will) 

We are trying to convince ourselves that he can be good enough but he will need a miracle to make much improvement  at coming up to 24. He is not awful but not of the standard we require. 10 goals in 80 matches says a lot. Somebody compared him to Barnes but he nowhere near that class of player 

This is a nice look at him at Swansea when they played Man City (clips from one game rather than a highlights reel are always better IMO). Looks hard working defensively here, impressively stealing the ball from the likes of Kyle Walker. Him pace is outrageous and causes city back line all sorts of problems. Also, Hartson  before the clips start... “he’s rapid in terms of quickness” 😂

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

The only value I can see in this is loan with option to buy. Anything else just stinks of us developing another rivals player - we take the majority of the risk as we have a genuine gap in that position whilst Man U can sit back and see how it plays out whilst playing the likes of Rashford, Sancho, Martial etc all in his position for this season. 

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If he comes in, especially with a decent looking deal, loan, expect there to be futures trading involved, perhaps N’didi next season

why would we be discussing N'didi with them whilst signing one of their underperforming fringe players 

N'didi is too good for them anyway :P

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

why would we be discussing N'didi with them whilst signing one of their underperforming fringe players 

N'didi is too good for them anyway :P

Cannot believe some degree of horse trading does not go on between clubs across season tbh, but  N’didi is a level beyond them, I agree. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

We are trying to convince ourselves that he can be good enough but he will need a miracle to make much improvement  at coming up to 24. He is not awful but not of the standard we require. 10 goals in 80 matches says a lot. Somebody compared him to Barnes but he nowhere near that class of player 

Surely Jamie Vardy is evidence that this thought process is redundant now? Trust me, under the right management, James would be an asset. 

On 07/08/2021 at 06:09, An Sionnach said:

So same age as Albrighton when we signed him then? 

Seems odd that if we were interested, there wouldn't be more movement on this by now. 

Maybe Man U will wait right until the last few days of the window, in case they pick up any injuries. 

I want better, but the fact he can comfortably play both sides and is rapid, is a big plus, especially if we lose Barnes to injury. 

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I have a nagging feeling Man Utd would be quite prickly to deal with if we ever wanted one of their fringe players. 

I think we are a concern to them and rightly so. We are a direct rival for the top 4 these days 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I have a nagging feeling Man Utd would be quite prickly to deal with if we ever wanted one of their fringe players. 

When Lingard went to West Ham they were a real threat of challenging for a top 4 spot. Similarly when Swansea loaned Dyer to us  we would have been seen as competition to them.

I do kind of agree with you, we may be seen as a bit more of a rival to them, but I do also think they're that arrogant they may not see us as a threat at all.

I have a horrible feeling that they'll actually be closer to Man City this season and real contenders for the league title 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Perhaps, but they shopped at this store before and are quite likely to do so in the future, so not sure being an asshole about fringe players helps them a great deal

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

When Lingard went to West Ham they were a real threat of challenging for a top 4 spot. Similarly when Swansea loaned Dyer to us  we would have been seen as competition to them.

I do kind of agree with you, we may be seen as a bit more of a rival to them, but I do also think they're that arrogant they may not see us as a threat at all.

I have a horrible feeling that they'll actually be closer to Man City this season and real contenders for the league title 

At the time West Ham would’ve started talks with Man Utd for Lingard they were 7th and 8 points behind Man Utd, where as we were 3rd and 2 points behind

So I think it is easy to see why they would have been happier for Lingard to join West Ham than us, I also doubt they would have predicted Lingard would go on a massive purple patch and carry them and turn them into more of a threat for top 4