Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Daniel James

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sorry but eff off. People's criticism of James is way overboard just because laughing at, mocking and arguing with United fans has become second nature to Foxestalkers. 

I read the United forums most days (because I'm sad like that). Most of them don't rate Dan James, haven't for a long time, and think he's Championship standard. I think United and Leicester fans actually agree on this one.

He's a poor mans Lloyd Dyer.

Edit: That being said, I'd still play him over Perez lol 

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

I read the United forums most days (because I'm sad like that). Most of them don't rate Dan James, haven't for a long time, and think he's Championship standard. I think United and Leicester fans actually agree on this one.

But this is the problem exactly. People think United are somehow shit now so it a player is bad for them, he'd be bad for us. 

It's nonsense. They obviously have much, much higher standards and expectations than we do. 

58 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t we need someone who can hit the ground running (pardon the pun) rather than someone who will improve as the season progresses…

Is that player available, and can we afford him?

I think as it stands, Dan James would be an improvement on Perez, particularly with his pace, plus he already knows the Premier League.  Most names we have been linked with are in the European leagues, and it can often take players half a season or more to get used to the EPL.

Dan James had a really good start for Man Utd when he first joined and looked a real prospect.  I am sure there is a great player in there.  Maybe Man Utd is ‘too big a club’ for him, a bit like it was for Zaha.

Edited by Big Dave

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Missing the first day of his new job on a jolly, tsk. 

I think they haven’t actually agreed personal terms yet. Their announcement said agreement with Juve but pending personal terms, visa and a medical: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/detail/official-statement-on-agreement-reached-for-cristiano-ronaldo?espv=1

• Like 1

Just now, dbtcity said:

Yet still looked more effective than 80m Sancho not that that’s high praise after their performance so far lol 

Yeah Sancho has also been pants. Wolves have nullified them. They look really solid tbh, we did well to beat them, and they were very unlucky to get nothing from Spurs, they dominated them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Yeah Sancho has also been pants. Wolves have nullified them. They look really solid tbh, we did well to beat them, and they were very unlucky to get nothing from Spurs, they dominated them. 

Agreed I still can’t believe they’re yet to bag this season let alone register a point, I think Jimenez looks a slight issue his game was built around the hustle and bustle roughing up the oppo whilst being a beast in the air but understandably he doesn’t look like that player any more

Edited by dbtcity

6 hours ago, Charl91 said:

still gotta put some respect on Lloyd dyers name. Couple of good seasons for us 

• Thanks 2