Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Daniel James

Guest LonnieDon

Daniel James is fast. But IMO we need players like Harvey Barnes, who are fast and can run at a defence. Having the one player like Harvey who can unsettle a defence is not enough. We need at least three players who can run at a defence and make them panic aka Man C, Chelsea and Liverpool. Hope we sign these type players because they are sorely needed.

Damn I fear we are a real clear and persistent danger now to the top 6 charlies and none of them will be so eager to sell potential talent to us now. James is a player we can make even better and we could use his abilities the right wing. I thought Leeds were keen on bringing him back there. How much would he cost and would it be too much for us?

10 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Damn I fear we are a real clear and persistent danger now to the top 6 charlies and none of them will be so eager to sell potential talent to us now. James is a player we can make even better and we could use his abilities the right wing. I thought Leeds were keen on bringing him back there. How much would he cost and would it be too much for us?

James has speed & that is all. He has no end product whatsoever & is not a top end premier league player. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/05/2021 at 07:27, Pliskin said:

Wouldn’t be a bad signing at all. He’s got all of the attributes Brendan likes in a player .

Explain to me and many others what Brendan sees in Perez?..

Cos I've looked high and low and cannot find f all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Explain to me and many others what Brendan sees in Perez?..

Cos I've looked high and low and cannot find f all.

He stays where he's expected to be on the pitch.  For Rodgers that's a big deal.

I have only seen him play well so far on the left wing, unless he joined on loan/a very cheap buy I wouldn’t see the point because he wouldn’t start ahead of Barnes and I would not move Barnes just to accommodate him

5 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Really impressed with James. Yep, his final pass isn't consistent enough yet but that's something he can be coached on. 

His pace is unreal. 

He is 23 years old & what you see is what you get. Blistering speed but no end product. Final pass isn't something that can be coached, its a skill & he doesn't have it.

Kasper

Ricardo Fofana Evans/Soy Castagne 

Ndidi 

James Tielemans Maddison Barnes

Vardy

To be honest it’s his position that’s the missing part of the puzzle. We need a starting right sided winger/forward with pace and a bit of creative flair. If the link is real and not lazy journalism then I’d take him but I’m uncertain Utd will do business with us at the moment on terms we will go for.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The accusations of no end product are complete bollocks to be honest. If he was young and English and at Championship club instead of young and playing for Wales and United (following a move made far too high too early which isn't really his fault) you'd all be frothing for this. 

If the prevailing logic is that Rodgers best strength is improving young players tactically then surely one with James's pure athletic ability, solid technical ability and his high work ethic would be a prime candidate?

His end product isn't bad, its just inconsistent. I've seen him put some absolutely immense crosses in, often on his weaker foot, for Keiffer Moore and Co over the last year or so. He puts in a perfectly weighted chipped cross whilst running full tilt. 

He's also capable of scoring some absolute bangers as well as finishing smartly up close. 

He's not consistent and I absolutely hate his diving with a passion but he'd be absolutely superb here to be honest. If you'd have asked me before his injury, I'd have wanted Brooks over James but now I'd honestly take him, assuming he was cut price. 

We desperately lack pack, even if he is erratic in his final ball (how many wingers aren't), I'd have him any day as a bit of a wildcard. Especially when you go up in games and Rodgers wants to start sitting back and counter. 

• Like 3

I feel that Leicesters scouting & evaluation team will not be drawn in by the flash of Daniel James. Man U won't sell cheap & like all Man U players he will be on top dollar wages. 

I feel that we can do way way better than Dan James .

Perez bashing in every single thread is tiresome, give ita rest.

Dan James, as others have mentioned above, would in some way seem ideal, but the fact he is at Man Utd makes him out of reach due to wages I imagine 

That and they would want 40m+ for him I imagine

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We desperately lack pack, even if he is erratic in his final ball (how many wingers aren't), I'd have him any day as a bit of a wildcard. Especially when you go up in games and Rodgers wants to start sitting back and counter. 

Exactly this. His ability to stretch the play would be an asset. He doesn’t overcomplicate his dribbling like Under or Gray either 

• Like 1