Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Daniel James

2 hours ago, scinnell said:

No end product from James is the biggest FoxesTalk myth since people turned their noses up at the prospect of signing Lingard due to simular reasons.

Some of his deliveries for Wales and his assist last game of the season for United spring to mind.. a 23 year old can be coached to become more consistent with this

You didn’t see him race through on goal yesterday, and then completely over hit the cross which would have made it 2-0? His end product is poor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You are probably right about 40m, but given the fact he was bought for 16m (10m + addons) 2 years ago, and he is having a decent Euro's, I am unsure how much cheaper he will be.

Clubs like United who are financially irresponsible tend to not bother milking massive fees out of players when they are deemed to have failed. They just want them off the books and off the wage bill. 

Last year alone they sold:

Smalling - about 15m

Fosu Mensah - less than 2m

Rojo - nominal fee / possibly free transfer 

Before that:

Matteo Darmian - 1.5m ish 

Daley Blind - about 15m

Fellaini - approx 10m

Januzaj - interesting one because of obvious James comparison, about 8m

Memphis Depay - likewise above, 13m

Di Maria - bit different because they sold him to PSG for 44m but worth noting that was a 15m+ loss 

Jonny Evans - 8m

So I think it's fair to imagine that when James eventually leaves United it will probably be for a pretty low fee and it wouldn't surprise anyone if they make a loss. 

20 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

You didn’t see him race through on goal yesterday, and then completely over hit the cross which would have made it 2-0? His end product is poor. 

Was that after a 60 yard run with the ball in the 90th minute? not surprised as he must have been blowing out his ar$e after the work Wales players had done all game.

30 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

You didn't see him land one perfectly on Keiffer Moore's head in the first half, with his weak foot, then? 

He was a constant threat yesterday and played well. You'd have to be an idiot to try and use yesterday's game as an example of why you think he's poor. 

I know I've posted a lot in this thread over the last 24hrs so I should iterate, I think he's inconsistent and we should be looking for better. He wouldn't be anywhere near to my first choice for a transfer this summer. 

But honestly, some of the opinions on here are ridiculous. Yes, he wasn't really ready or good enough to move to Manchester United and be a starter but that's their fault not his. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I feel that Leicesters scouting & evaluation team will not be drawn in by the flash of Daniel James. Man U won't sell cheap & like all Man U players he will be on top dollar wages. 

I feel that we can do way way better than Dan James .

The what of Daniel James?

Feels like you're you just trying to make up more reasons not to buy him, because you know your 'no end product' one looks daftly binary. Your financial points also seem like a play from the 'multiple bad reasons equals one good one' school of reason.

Man U operate almost the opposite model to us. Throw money at too many players at an inflated price, wonder why hardly any of them work out, and then sell them on for a fraction of the original price they paid. A 'get rinsed, repeat' model, if you like.

If they broke with this and did want top dollar for him, or James refused to move without being offered silly wages, we wouldn't see him in a Leicester shirt anyway.

• Thanks 1

I’ve not seen him perform yet because I’ve not managed to catch any of the Wales games but International football is nothing like the premier League.

Ill look forward to watching a game where he doesn’t dive all the time and see if there’s actually a good player there.

I was a wing/wing back coach at Bayer Belgravekrusen and crossing was an easy skill to get right. If they hit it to hard I said don’t and if they under-hit the cross I said hit harder, problem solved. 
you’re welcome 😊  

• Haha 2

We've done quite well out of the Man Utd cast offs so we might strike gold with James.

The only issue is that we're solid on the left side with Harvey. It's more a certain player at Le Havre that we're trying to replace on the right.

47 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I was a wing/wing back coach at Bayer Belgravekrusen and crossing was an easy skill to get right. If they hit it to hard I said don’t and if they under-hit the cross I said hit harder, problem solved. 
you’re welcome 😊  

Brilliant!  I think we should sign you on to the first team staff.  You could start by telling Perez to run faster and telling Barnes to stop being injured.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Controversial point, but a point well made. I hadn’t considered that it would tie-in so closely to the situation in Gaza.

Nor me. And from an article the other day in that esteemed daily -The Sun - Paul Gascoigne's situation is he's living the high life in Australia

Edited by Frank Large's Black Book

2 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

I didn't watch the second half unfortunately. Can only comment on a few quality deliveries from the first half! But there again, I am sure I have watched Harvey Barnes overhit crosses before.

Edited by scinnell

James has played almost as many games on the right as the left, and his scoring record is about the same.  Why is everyone talking as if he’s strictly a left winger?  There are plenty of outstanding right-footed RW out there.

Edited by Deeg67

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

James has played almost as many games on the right as the left, and his scoring record is about the same.  Why is everyone talking as if he’s strictly a left winger?  There are plenty of outstanding right-footed RW out there.

Because people still have a hard on for Mahrez

• 2 weeks later...

Going based off the original report, given that Sancho to Manchester United became official today I'm assuming that should increase the chances of James joining Leicester as Paul Swinson initially reported.

Edited by Iran

5 minutes ago, Iran said:

Going based off the original report, given that Sancho to Manchester United became official today I'm assuming that should increase the chances of James joining Leicester as Paul Swinson initially reported.

they have 7 players across the front 3 now if you include Amad Diallo, so would think either James or Diallo would go out on loan. 

• Thanks 1