Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Daniel James

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

James is not good enough for Man.Utd. so nothing more to say.

It's not always as cut and dry as that and Lingard proved last season with West Ham that not getting in at a big club doesn't mean you aren't good enough. That said I've doubts about just how good he is and think with our recruiting prowess that we can find better within our budget.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

Would he be considered the Kelichi Iheanacho of Manchester United before Iheanacho came to us?

He reminds me a bit of Vardy when he first came to us. A raw talent, and rough around the edges. There's a good player in there somewhere with a bit of refinement and guidance. I wouldn't be against him coming to us.

• Like 1

Guest SO1
45 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The list is long of players who became "good enough" under different circumstances.

Coutinho from Inter to Liverpool

Sturridge from Chelsea to Liverpool to name a few.

Edited by SO1

38 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Neither was Depay, Di Maria, Lukaku, Zaha, Pique and others but they did alright. Salah and De Bruyne weren’t good enough for Chelsea, Sancho Man City etc etc.

Not that I would expect him to be of that quality, but it’s not a barometer as those clubs can’t give people the time clubs like Leicester can.

• Like 3

Guest SO1
2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He reminds me a bit of Vardy when he first came to us. A raw talent, and rough around the edges. There's a good player in there somewhere with a bit of refinement and guidance. I wouldn't be against him coming to us.

I think its one of the many things this club needs to be good at if we're going to continue to punch above our weight financially. That's one of the many reasons Rodgers is here. Like Under we just cant expect a 100% success rate.

Still feel like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth when it comes to the "magical left footed right winger who presses from the front". At some point we have to spend the money.

He might do I job, but come in, we’re massive. Trincao or that Eyetalian bloke innit. We ain’t fuching Arsenal. 

Nod there to entitlement - just in case some of you were wondering. 

Anyhow. Trincao, we’re fuching massive mate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, SO1 said:

At some point we have to spend the money.

That is all we really need to say. We want quality? We are going to have to pay for it. After all the failures we don't want another "improver".

I don't get what the hype is about this kid. Looks distinctly average at best whenever I've seen him play. If he wasn't lightning quick he'd be at a mid table Championship side, which worries me as he's one bad injury away from being that player. Technically he's poor and the numbers he's produced for Utd, Swansea, and Wales are very mediocre. I've seen comments suggesting that BR is a great coach who can maybe develop and push him on to the next level, but in-order to step up a player needs to have the underlying ability to make that transition and unfortunately I just don't think he has that. 

• Like 2

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

That is all we really need to say. We want quality? We are going to have to pay for it. After all the failures we don't want another "improver".

I don't know how we're going to do it. Possibly save over a number of windows... who knows? I have a lot of faith in our scouting and development as it presently stands. They should be capable of learning from our mistakes at this position and be able to adjust accordingly. After Perez and Under we need to get this right.

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

The list is long of players who became "good enough" under different circumstances.

Coutinho from Inter to Liverpool

Sturridge from Chelsea to Liverpool to name a few.

That's a couple but I like the Brendan theme.

Drinkwater from Man Utd to Leicester.
Albrighton from Aston Villa to Leicester.
Schmeichel from Leeds (initially Man City) to Leicester. 

That's a few of our own pre-Brendan.  

Imagine what we can do with these powers combined. 

Dan James is a one trick pony. He can't dribble, can't shoot, can't pass & is a terrible crosser.  He runs past people with speed but that is it. Brendan Rodgers is a very good coach but he couldn't teach decision making to Gray & he won't improve Dan James either.

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

That's a couple but I like the Brendan theme.

Drinkwater from Man Utd to Leicester.
Albrighton from Aston Villa to Leicester.
Schmeichel from Leeds (initially Man City) to Leicester. 

That's a few of our own pre-Brendan.  

Imagine what we can do with these powers combined. 

We could probably both go on but at this level in the game it's mandatory to have that ability if you want to make it to the next level. Management or club.