Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Daniel James

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

James is not good enough for Man.Utd. so nothing more to say.

Robbie Savage

Ritchie De Laet

Matty James

Danny Drinkwater.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Robbie Savage

Ritchie De Laet

Matty James

Danny Drinkwater.

I'm not sure whether this post was being ironic or not. 

Only DD in one season in 2015/16 is anything like the level we're currently at. Even at their peaks those four would struggle to make our current match day squad (DD 15/16 excepted). 

• Like 1

I think it’ll be a good addition. He’s the sort of player I can imagine Rodgers will be able to get the most out of.  Ole at Utd, let’s be honest, doesn’t have much of a clue to coaching and James coming to might be the making of him. If it’s a loan, I think it’s a great idea, though can’t see they letting him come here. 

• Like 1

If James is the RW, I think that tells us a lot about BR's plans for next season.

James is not the guy you sign if you plan to use a 4-5-1 or some like formation with two wingers as your default.  He's a guy you sign to give you options - to use wingers against some opposition, to throw in after 70 minutes to change formation and use his speed against tired fullbacks.  If the light switch clicks on and he sets the world on fire, you adjust accordingly.  Otherwise wingers are your change of pace formation, not your go-to.

I like James if he could be gotten cheap, or loaned in with an option to buy.  You can't teach speed, as the old saw goes, and (contrary to some opinion) he does have football skills than can be developed.  Butt I hate five at the back and we need somebody more reliably starting-caliber if we're going to be able to ditch it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, enmac said:

Be a decent loan signing. 

.. just watched this video and can't believe he is the same player I saw when he first signed for United!!!

Seems like they have taught him a few tricks like, going down under any contact and being aware of his teammates (not a bad thing).

He looks like he has lost his aggression and arrogance, the things that make him who he is. He looks very ordinary, he is struggling being asked to play this way and it is not helping him, or his team. 

It is very much akin to Vardy with the aggression watered down, he is not the same player and sometimes curbing someone's natural instincts, in order to fit into a pattern, is not always a good thing.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Robbie Savage

Ritchie De Laet

Matty James

Danny Drinkwater.

In fairness to the original comment, none of these would be good enough for us now, even at peak. 

Having said that, I'm all for this signing. Rodgers regularly gets a tune out of players like him. 

Edited by wardyfox86

7 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I'm not sure whether this post was being ironic or not. 

Only DD in one season in 2015/16 is anything like the level we're currently at. Even at their peaks those four would struggle to make our current match day squad (DD 15/16 excepted). 

There's quite a bit of revisionism about Robbie Savage. He was a very good player for us, and could play a bit on top of the all action style 

At his best he'd absolutely make the bench right now, comfortably ahead of Mendy and Hamza.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

Well I’m a bit torn in this one. If we can get him for a song and we havnt got the cash for a marquee signing, then yeah, let’s go. 

For me we need competition for Barnes and also an understudy for when he’s sold at some point. James can play on the right whilst we don’t have anybody for the role. The poster who said earlier in the thread that he looks like Harvey before he improved I think has a good point. 

Not sold - would prefer better being honest but wouldn’t surprise me if Rogers turned him in to a £45 million pound player within 2 years.

• Like 2

I would take him on loan with an option to buy, but only if that was alongside a “marquee” signing of a right winger, not instead of

I don’t have the confidence he could come in and be the player we have wanted and needed on that right hand side, but he could certainly be a devastating impact off the bench and be good enough for rotation in cup games and against weaker opposition

Barnes, *new signing*, James, Albrighton, Sowah I would be very happy to go into next season with

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, martyn said:

There's quite a bit of revisionism about Robbie Savage. He was a very good player for us, and could play a bit on top of the all action style 

At his best he'd absolutely make the bench right now, comfortably ahead of Mendy and Hamza.

Yes, maybe match day 'squad' was a bit harsh. Match day 'team' is probably more accurate.

RS would certainly be an option to inject energy into proceedings in a similar way to how Albrighton does for us when he comes on. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Ask yourself James or Perez in the wide areas.

That's exactly what Rafa Benitez will be asking himself this summer and he'll bin off James back to Real and pay us £65m for Ayo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2