Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oxford blue

Verdict on season

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

You sound like you're trying too hard to demonstrate you're a hard-core fan who doesn't care about CL. 

Not true. I do care. But I have been around for almost sixty years and for most of that time City have not come close to being as good as they are now.Maybe i am just easier to please.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

It has to be put into context, just like last season. 
If we were being asked what would we be happy with at the START of the season, of course 5th place and FA cup would be amazing!

But like last term, we were SO comfortable in the CL spot, to go and blow it again would be a bitter pill to swallow

That’s how I see it. 

Agree. If we were like West Ham, a team not in the top 4, but could've made it with a good end of season, I wouldn't be too bothered about missing CL football. But our position is the complete opposite. We've been so comfortable in the top 4, it's almost harder to miss out then stay in. Yet 2 seasons in a row, we could miss out.

27 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Agree. If we were like West Ham, a team not in the top 4, but could've made it with a good end of season, I wouldn't be too bothered about missing CL football. But our position is the complete opposite. We've been so comfortable in the top 4, it's almost harder to miss out then stay in. Yet 2 seasons in a row, we could miss out.

We're 2nd in the Top Bottlers league 😢

Further to my original post;:An honoury mention to Kasper (apart from a good season) got Wes to hold FA Cup with him, and, moreover. collecting Top so he could lift Cup and celebrate with the players..

Season regret (apart from lockdowm violation by the individuals before W Ham game)  ]tt does seem quite sad/disappointing Christian Fuchs leaves without proper recognition of his contribution over the past 6 years. He has been an amazing professional and I bet he has helped Thomas (and others) improve.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Spot on. If we were chasing PL and just missed out it puts into in a completely different context.

However, it’s not over. We can still do it

Edited by Col city fan

Four points from the run in last five games says the wheels really fell off the handcart. Fortunately we won a game that counted in May. Otherwise a dog shit finish to the season where we were generally playing pretty awful football.

So near, so close, twice in a row, FA Cup was great to be had though, and is so great for us.  I'm not sure we will have had a better oppurtunity than this season for a top 4 finish; I hope we progress, surely we can't keep staying in the top 5, as long as we have, and lose it in the last week of the season again. Overall I'm pleased and Gutted at the same time, but its life as a Foxes fan. I hope lessons have been learnt by players and manager as we go again next season, come on you Foxes I'm off to shout at something!

Guest Kopfkino

An FA Cup and 5th place is a superb season. Really disappointing to fluff it again but the games and injuries caught up with us and we ran out of puff, we just don’t have enough depth to cope with it. Case in point, having Amartey or Morgan as the options to replace Fofana today.

Think the lack of a plan B in the end did us . Losing Barnes made us alittle one dimensional. Really disappointed with Chelsea result going our way finding it hard to see the bigger picture atm and and see that it's still been a really good season. 

Great season, 2nd best in the clubs entire history. Take the injuries into account and it’s really a great job to last in top 4 as long as we did. This season has shown a top 6 finish last year was no fluke. Add some more depth to the squad and we can really cement ourselves in there, which for Leicester is absolutely incredible.

“Fans” calling us bottlers and having a go in any way shape or form really need to give there heads a wobble and re-evaluate the club they support. We are Leicester City and we are hugely over performing right now.

I’m so proud of us for doing that.

• Like 2

In perspective, it's a great season. I think we lucked out towards the end, and probably finished where we deserved to - we rarely looked convincing towards the end, a lot less than commentators give us credit for. Quite a few worrying things, home losses to shit sides, ability to bottle it in 90% of big games, more individual mistakes than normal, lot's of games where we barely get a shot on target. G'day

Great success!

Frustratingly the footballing gods were against us with injuries. We barely kept a consistent team. Despite this, we played good football for 3/4 of the season. 

Hopefully with a changing of the guard a few ‘finished article’ players are signed over the summer in key positions.

Proud of the lads, the club and the fans.

5th and winning the FA Cup for the first time is an absolutely incredible season.

Doesn't make the way we ended up out of the champions league places any less disappointing.

Injuries have ravaged us and we did not have the squad depth to cope with it.

• Like 3