Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oxford blue

Verdict on season

Fantastic season. That FA Cup day was perhaps the second best day of my life. Can't help but think we've totally bottled top4 once again. Newcastle and today were totall implosions. We need at least 5 decent squad players this summer.

We'll be grateful for watching Leicester win over the winter lockdown and keeping me sane but looking forward to switching off for a few months. Been a me tally draining season.

Looking back at the season as a whole I’m going to be positive. Today stings for sure but top 4 wasn’t lost today and if Villa hadn’t won then it wouldn’t even be a conversation. 

Anyway, FA Cup winners, equalling last season and hopefully some exciting incoming signings make me feel hopeful. 

Big thanks to Wes and Christian, both legends Matty James too, thanks for your service.  

Hoping we can start strong again next season, keep moving forward and continue this upwards trajectory. 

Leicester til I die, proud of you boys, proud of this club and proud of being part of the best team and set of fans in the land. 

Guest Col city fan

What a weak capitulation on the final day, when even our main challengers lost

Where was the drive, the nastiness, the desire?

Apart from the penno’s I can’t think we had a shot on goal??

Lack of strength in depth has cost us a huge opportunity to progress in the league.

Our sub CB is so bad that our manager darent even play him, brought Ndidi back and we lost the midfield.

Thank God we won the FA cup because this forum would look very very different if we hadn’t.

5th is great. The manner in which we obtained it definitely wasn’t 

Not including the FA cup win we have had a good season but finishing 5th when we really shouldn't have is majorly disappointing. We can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot every year. Next season who knows?

I’d have taken it at the start of the season. Horrible way for it to happen on the final day again, but providing we don’t lose any players because of it (eg Youri) and add some more talent then it’s another positive season. 

We’re officially part of the big 6 and have some silverware to boot. 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Lack of strength in depth has cost us a huge opportunity to progress in the league.

Our sub CB is so bad that our manager darent even play him, brought Ndidi back and we lost the midfield.

Thank God we won the FA cup because this forum would look very very different if we hadn’t.

Agree 100% 

Fa cup win

Top 6 finish

Improvement on last seasons points tally

We are heading in the right direction that is for sure. Yes it's disappointing to miss out on the champions league today but on a whole it has been a great season. 

We have been really unfortunate with injuries. I would like to think we can't be that unlucky again next season.

If we can keep our best players and add a few more i really do think we will finish in the top 3 next season. Our biggest problem has been lack of squad depth.

I've said it before - I am ecstatic with the final result but not how we get there. I didn't think we'd make top 4 last season but this season, last month, I thought we were a dead cert and allowed myself to believe.

I am glad we've pushed clubs and are partly responsible for the failed ESL project but we will be something of a joke to other clubs, now. I cannot imagine the smugness coming from Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs. 

We won the FA Cup, which is huge and 5th is an excellent result. However, just like last season, we imploded in the second half, more precisely in our last 8 games. The CL spot wasn't lost against Tottenham but in Fulham, Southampton or Newcastle, although we shouldn't forget the long list of injuries.

8.5/10

A great season winning the FA Cup. That's in the history books forever, and five losses out of five would have been a weight, when the next worse is two defeats. So brilliant that's over and done with.

I'm looking at twelve defeats in the league. So almost a third of our games are losses. That's not Champions League. I think without the injuries it would have been different.

Got to sort set pieces out next season, but it's progression. As I've said before I'm a survivor of the McLintock season  so I can cope with fifth in the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Overall a success. 

Disappointing final day performance, didn't look like we beleived we had anything to play for when alot was on the line but a European campaign and an FA cup is absolutley sensational. 

Every time the news came in from Villa we seemed to drop down a gear.

Disappointing to miss out on top four again. Really don't think we'll have a chance like these two we've just had. Big clubs only going to spend and invest more, their squad sizes we can't compete with. I'm not arsed about Europa League at all. Would rather we'd have won the cup and finished 8th.

Our home form has been a shambles. Losing nine games, you'd expect a team in the bottom five to have that record. 

We didn't deserve top four

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

:facepalm:

Superb. Step in the right direction with a bit of silverware. 

With the same management, a full pre-season in our new training facility and what already looks like another productive transfer window, we should be looking seriously at the Europa league next season as a trophy for us to win, again, alongside pushing for top 4 and a solid domestic cup run. 

We were desperately unlucky for such huge parts of this season with injuries and you can't help but wonder, with a bit of added depth, where we could have picked up 3 more points. 

At the start of the season I was worried about form carrying over and with so many injuries and Europa League. To finish with 4 more points than last season and win the FA Cup has to be a good result. We've also been more competitive in direct competition with the "top" sides compared to last year despite yet more injuries to contend with. It's a sour way to finish the season but overall it's been positive and I think if we avoid being stripped of too much talent we could expect another good season next.

Solid season, was nice to take the cup seriously and reach another final. Winning was even sweeter.

Squad quite clearly not quite good enough so we need some changes in the summer.

Improved 4 pts on last season.

Hope Rodgers drops the defensive outlook and goes back to the exciting attacking football usually associated with him. 

Nice 3 week break before I can start lambasting Southgate for being boring and spineless and wasting a golden generation of attacking talent :D