Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oxford blue

Verdict on season

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Twenty minutes away from it being a 10/10, ends up being an 8/10.

Would have taken 5th and FA Cup win all day every day at the start of the season but it feels cruel the way we shot ourselves in the foot again this time round. 

Biggest issue is how we pick ourselves up again. This season Liverpool had a massive injury list and probably won’t next season. We can probably finish 5th again but our squad isn’t top 4 material... I feel we needed to take our chances whilst they presented themselves. 

Still amazing times to support the club. 

Our of interest what would have made it 9/10? 🤣

Winning the FA Cup is clearly progress.

Throwing Champions League away in that manner...again, is fvcking disappointing. 

It could seriously diminish the possibility of strengthening in the transfer market, that’s what annoys me the most.

• Like 2

Disappointed with the result today but overall I'm over the moon we won the fa Cup. Good season,onwards and upwards.....love this club the future is bright the future is blue 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

Just now, GorlestonFox said:

Our of interest what would have made it 9/10? 🤣

Comfortably finishing top 4 with no cup win. 

I value the cup much more than Champions League places but final league position is an accurate measure of how good a team really is. Had we finished 2nd / 3rd that would be a 9/10 for me. Especially if we’d wrapped it up a few weeks ago by beating Southampton and Newcastle. 

If we’d have scraped 4th but had no cup win I’d probably give us an 8/10 too. 

I’m not claiming my logic makes sense, but that’s how I see it. 

Every single team other than 4 above us would snap our hands off to swap. How can it be a disaster. 

Deeply annoying and sickening given the way the season has gone. But our said isn't good enough to finish top 4, simple as that. Fell short when it matters, even taking the injuries into account. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

9/10 on a whole. 

Some people on here said we would be in a relagation scrap because of how last season finished. 

Unreal to have the memories of the FA cup final, some unbelievable results and fighting to the end. 

Hopefully there will never be a season without fans and compressed as much as this has been. The big clubs were always going to come strong as their squads are massive but I'm a proud fox and so should everyone else be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Great season, should have been better. 

Sums it up really lol I can’t be harsh on the side or Rodgers with the injuries and the like it, I hope we can move forward and be up there again next season, don’t lose another key player and strengthen then we can forget this 

Amazing season overall, and we were only one less injury away from the Champions League, but still leaves a bitter taste in the mouth on the last day. Just got to come to terms with seeing the word bottle for another 12 months now 😒

Fingers crossed we finally cull our squad of the hangers on (Perez, Mendy, Amartey etc) and go for half a dozen new lads to replace those Morgan and Fuchs and give us genuine strength in depth for next year.

At the end of the day...

When Rodgers came in, no one on here or from the club were (publicly) talking about an immediate push for top four. 

All our aims and goals were built around breaking into the top 6 and challenging for trophies. We've done that and more over the last two years. 

It's the way in which we've done it that folk are disappointed with. There was the opportunity to smash our goal and then some by finishing top 4 two years on the trot and i understand that disappointment. 

However, we have to apply some context. We set our goals and we've achieved them two years running. We are well on our way to establishing ourselves as a regular top 6 team and we've put a cup in the trophy cabinet. We are also in Europe for the second year running on the back of one of our best ever seasons. 

So again, I understand the disappointment but let's look at this objectively. We are going in the right direction, just like we have been for a long time now and we are doing it with class and high morals as a club. 

Leicester city are a club to be proud of and we should be proud of what we are achieving. Not focusing on what we have failed to achieve, that's what the classless, entitled fans in Manchester and parts of London do and we are better than that.

• Thanks 1

Positives:

European football again for a second season in a row. Top 6 finish for a second season in a row, and an FA cup. 

Negatives: unable to hang onto a top four finish. 

the positives outweigh the negatives. 

When you consider the following have had lengthy spells on the treatment table;

Fofana

Cags

Evans

Castagne

Ricardo

Justin

N’didi

Praet

Barnes 

Maddison

Vardy

Perez

We have done well. It is a shame we’ve not managed to get the top four, but when you’re competing with teams with a budget probably three times your own, you’ll always fall short if you don’t have your key players fit.

Next season is a new season, hopefully we don’t lose any key players, bring some quality in, we should be able to challenge again next season. We’re two or three players away from being a really quality team.