Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

Can we please please please get better at defending corners and not play Tottenham at the end of the season. Please.

We ran out of steam again, but managed to nick the Cup. Hope management learn and can set up next season, so we do not run out of steam yet again. 

Heads up everyone. The next few days gonna feel like shit, but then we can look back on an FA Cup triumph and having mostly fun at the top of the league. Its the hurts that makes the good stuff feel amazing. :thumbup:

Edited by Jonezy
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Pathetic sub and that’s being kind. 

Shouldnt have taken Ndidi out his best position. Mendy is fvcking useless.

I do think it was a mistake to move Ndidi. Liverpool made the same kind of mistake earlier in the season and their improvement has coincided with playing midfielders in midfield and defenders in defence (even if those defenders aren't the best).

Also think taking off Maddison was a mistake. We basically condemned ourselves to hanging on grimly for the last 30 minutes.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

Defeat and disappointment. I can cope with that  but snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory is a difficult pill to swallow.

we lost our own opportunity, it wasn’t taken from us, we threw it away ourselves.

• Like 3

End of the day injuries cost us, even on the last day we lose a defender, had the same 14 players playing the last 10 or so games, ran out of steam, some of them not even fit.

Our first 14/15 players are  as good as any, after that our squad lacks depth, need to add in the summer and  again.

Makes the cup win even more a fantastic achievement COYF.

Desperately disappointed because, yet again, we’ve come so close and fallen at the final hurdle. It makes it hard to take.

With a bit of perspective, however, it’s remarkable that we’ve gone this close. The reason why clubs outside the greedy six don’t challenge the top four is because they don’t have the squad depth. Add in the injuries we’ve had all season and really we shouldn’t have been anywhere near competitive. Look at a team like Everton: have spent millions trying to buy a place in the top four and have finished 10th.

FA Cup win and 5th is a wonderful season. It just hurts the way it’s finished - again. But anybody who says we’re a bunch of bottlers and Brendan doesn’t have what it takes need to give their heads a big wobble!! 

• Like 2

We had a case of too many passengers today. 

Mendy can't be expected to come in and play really well when he hardly gets a kick! 

The standard Perez for Madders sub is just kicking the can further down the road and not solving anything. You're bringing one of them on in hope....just hoping one does something to contribute. 

Maddison made Dele Alli stand out today ! 

Albrighton I love to bits but come on he's not worrying any defences. This is the difference between EL and CL. 

• Like 1

Losing fofana and then wilf going to cb did it unfortunately just didn’t have the luck with that and was always gojng to be hard work from there. Gutted over today but overall this season I am more than happy fa cup and europe second season in a row. Need to strengthen and get players back in form then we go again next season. Off to sulk for a bit 😂

Just now, LCFC72 said:

Morgan would have headed that out he should have been on the pitch especially last 20 mins to guide them through 

No way is he lasting 70mins. Amartey is either brilliant or a bomb scare, maybe worth the risk at the end. 

Again..Rodgers needs to look at himself.Im sayin* it for ages.Mendy and Ricardo coming on and not looking match fit.All these guys in the squad should of being given match time at various stages in the last few weeks.Why does Rodgers pick Amartley and Morgan as subs if he won’t use them when they are needed.Absolute bollocks.We have had a good season but Rodgers is lacking as a top class manager.Martin o Neil was always a great man to make full use of his bench and most importantly trust them.Im gutted over this.But fair play to the players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I do think it was a mistake to move Ndidi. Liverpool made the same kind of mistake earlier in the season and their improvement has coincided with playing midfielders in midfield and defenders in defence (even if those defenders aren't the best).

Also think taking off Maddison was a mistake. We basically condemned ourselves to hanging on grimly for the last 30 minutes.

He was gone. Could hardly walk. 

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Coasting it and bottled it; but FA Cup this season and another chance in Europa next season is fine by me.

To think otherwise is to become like the big 6 we all despise. Entitlement is not a good look.

To be fair, I've never seen one single post where anyone says we should finish in the top 6 because of who we are, which is what entitlement is.  

But to do what we have done two seasons in a row, in the manner we have is unheard of.  How many teams in the top flight have spent what is it, 72 games out of 76 in the top 4 over two seasons, to miss out both times? I'd go as far as to guess thats never happened before.  

3 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Maddison going off made a huge difference

It really did!!! I'm annoyed but I'll make peace soon enough as we've had a superb season where there's been so many obstacles.

Have to strengthen though and we need to get to the bottom of our injury problems. Let's not assume next season we won't get as many, it's been a problem since Rodgers joined us.

• Like 2

It seems to be a bit of a pattern. Simple fact is that we don't have the quality to replace like for like when injuries hit. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the marauding style of early last season and this, but found the lurching, passive, wide-eyed panic at the business end of both seasons truly truly awful. 

We've had about 60% of the first team available for what seems like most of the season, and it's caught up with us.

FA Cup winners and Europe is a fvcking awesome season in my view, especially taking all of the above into account. 

Onwards and upwards

:scarf:   

Quality told in the end.

They brought on Moura and Bale, and we had nowhere near the same level of player to respond with. 

I think the bottle job accusations are ridiculous given we've just won the FA Cup.

Evans getting injured just before the Newcastle match, and Fofana getting injured in this game were crucial. Our squad just ran of stream and quality to compete. 

The players had done superbly to be in this position, and if Kasper doesn't make that mistake, who knows how the game might have gone?  

Rodgers will learn from this. Looks like we're already addressing some of the gaps in the squad given the transfer rumours. 

A key area to work on is set pieces next season. Injuries you can't control to a large extent, but managing set pieces you can. Hopefully we rectify this. 

• Like 3