Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I do think it was a mistake to move Ndidi. Liverpool made the same kind of mistake earlier in the season and their improvement has coincided with playing midfielders in midfield and defenders in defence (even if those defenders aren't the best).

Also think taking off Maddison was a mistake. We basically condemned ourselves to hanging on grimly for the last 30 minutes.

Maddison was playing much better than he has for a while. There’s a good argument to be made the Rodgers cost is that match with the subs he made. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Get the cheque book out and bring in 6 quality players and go for it.

Brilliant season as a whole but if we want to push on we need quality not just players that make up the numbers 

Trouble is, we have a smaller cheque book now... 

BR is responsible, he wanted to play an open game without the players once Wes went off.  

Mendy was shocking and after that only 1 team was really in it.  For once I wanted BR to tighten up and today it was shocki g because we had no midfield.

Who knows, if Wes was the deciding factor but after BR got ripped by amatuer Mason.

• Like 1

Very proud of my club and the players efforts this season. 

I honestly can't say I'm not fuming at that though. 

Taking Wilfred out of his best position is baffling and Madders was looking more effective than the 1st half when he was withdrawn. 

Basic passes were poor today and everyone has to hold their hands up to that. 

Nacho was terrible in the 1st half and failed to hold the ball up/win a free kick or a throw in - everything that Vardy does. 

Not looking forward to seeing those smug Chelsea wonkers at work tomorrow 😑

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

To be fair, I've never seen one single post where anyone says we should finish in the top 6 because of who we are, which is what entitlement is.  

But to do what we have done two seasons in a row, in the manner we have is unheard of.  How many teams in the top flight have spent what is it, 72 games out of 76 in the top 4 over two seasons, to miss out both times? I'd go as far as to guess thats never happened before.  

There are literally hundreds of posts moaning we haven't finished in the top 4; and you claim you've never seen one saying we should finish in the top 6?

You're either a world class pedant or an absolute buffoon.

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, lennybhoy said:

Again..Rodgers needs to look at himself.Im sayin* it for ages.Mendy and Ricardo coming on and not looking match fit.All these guys in the squad should of being given match time at various stages in the last few weeks.Why does Rodgers pick Amartley and Morgan as subs if he won’t use them when they are needed.Absolute bollocks.We have had a good season but Rodgers is lacking as a top class manager.Martin o Neil was always a great man to make full use of his bench and most importantly trust them.Im gutted over this.But fair play to the players.

He picks Amartey and Morgan literally because he has no other choice

Again, our squad is the problem. Our first team could give anyone a game but our squad is awful

Such much negativity despite a wonderful season. God these posters could not have lived through what us oldies have.   Yes we are ALL disappointed but we need to get some perspective.  We will go again with a strengthened squad and hopefully less injuries.  Plus the deadwood has finally been cleared out.  Thank you Foxes for a great season!

• Like 2

We won the cup and blew away the Champions League two years in succession .We can win the Europa League with the right Recruitment in the summer. No need to get on a downer , the league and cup in five years beats any qualification for

the Champions League 

Didn't want top 4 anyway 😢.   Like having something to aspire too. 

Looking forward to next season.  Getting back Barnes will be massive from an attacking perspective.   Hopefully Ricardo gets back to his best and "this years" new sensation Justin comes back fighting.   

Heart broken by today, but what a season, 5th and more importantly FA Cup winners! 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Maddison going off made a huge difference

Yeah ... I wanted Ricardo to come on but I wasn’t sure Maddison should have come off. Without Ndidi, he helped to keep the ball in midfield even though his passes were a bit off. I thought Mendy should have come off for Ricardo. Oh well.

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I do think it was a mistake to move Ndidi. Liverpool made the same kind of mistake earlier in the season and their improvement has coincided with playing midfielders in midfield and defenders in defence (even if those defenders aren't the best).

Also think taking off Maddison was a mistake. We basically condemned ourselves to hanging on grimly for the last 30 minutes.

I thought it was a good move at the time but given that Ndidi started well and we had some control: it turned out that it wasn't. I'm not sure about Maddison, maybe he was injured or simply couldn't give what was needed. 

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The one time Kasper comes for a corner and he punches it in his own net 😂😂😂

Its not of course funny. He is risibly bad at set pieces and shows no sign of improving.

Unfairly, as that proved a game-changing moment, my mind went back to Bournemouth away...

I must try and hang on to his performance at Wembley, and his leadership. It’s hard though...

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I assume you want him out?

Not at all. I want him to stay. Despite the disappointment I am not stupid enough to want one of our most successful managers to go. In a day or two, I will have cheered up, and be more honest in my outlook, 5th and an FA cup  is brilliant. But to completely cave in with 15 minutes left leaves a sour taste in the mouth. And it was Spurs........ Just 1 win from those nine home defeats would have seen us over the line. We missed out by 1 point....ONE FECKING point. We lost all home games to teams between 6th and 12, Fulham(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Newcastle, and Villa. 

Remember, Spuds had to go through several years of Europa before finally getting ECL. 

We got closer to ECL this year than last but they really must concentrate better, and BR must stop ****ing around with stupid negative tactics. but  in his defence the injuries this year have been atrocious. Stevie Wonder can see that when Ndidi is played in defence we lose that midfield bite. 

Im still very very proud to be a Leicester fan. We took it to the last 15 minutes, maybe next season we can get over the line. Oh and the new shirt is shite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Such much negativity despite a wonderful season. God these posters could not have lived through what us oldies have.   Yes we are ALL disappointed but we need to get some perspective.  We will go again with a strengthened squad and hopefully less injuries.  Plus the deadwood has finally been cleared out.  Thank you Foxes for a great season!

This is the match thread not the season thread, were talking about the match and what it means.

Just now, The People's Hero said:

There are literally hundreds of posts moaning we haven't finished in the top 4; and you claim you've never seen one saying we should finish in the top 6?

You're either a world class pedant or an absolute buffoon.

Show me a post where someone has said we should finish in the top 6 by rights, regardless of results?  Thats what entitlement is, to be given something without having to work to get it.  Show me a post where anyone has said that.

I see plenty of posts where people are annoyed we didn't finish in the top 4 from the position we were in, but that's not entitlement lol, that's just people annoyed at collapse and failure. 

Needed to control the game once we were winning. But too many loose passes, balls being kicked out, not moving the ball around fast enough... meant we kept inviting them on to us. Maddison really should have stepped up but again just not sharp enough. I genuinely feel like we played better when he was injured. Get him fit and into pre-season training and hopefully he can get back up to speed. Part of me wonders though whether his injury saw any Euro chances go and he's not been motivated since. I want to be more positive towards him than that but some of his slow play can't be just down to fitness or confidence. 

Losing Fafana was a huge loss because I think we win that with him on the pitch. Evans AND Fafana out meant we were always going to have a makeshift defense that could leak goals. Mendy played earlier in the season when Ndidi was injured and did a good job. So it wasn't a stretch to think BR had confidence he'd do it again. So you're balancing whether Nididi or Amartey would do the best defensive job. Either way it would be a compromised defense. 

Vardy looked sharp but Nacho disappeared again. I can't moan about Nacho because his goals have been immense during the second half of this season. But going into next season I still think we need an attacking player who can run a defense ragged. 

Great season. Crazy that we finish 5th with the FA mutherfk'n Cup. Today we ended up with Fafana, Evans and Barnes out injured in a season where almost our entire squad has been out for extended periods. How this team and the management has done that is a miracle imo. I said somewhere around December when we were still playing 2 or sometimes 3 games a week that it would catch up with us. And it did but at the same time we didn't see us drop off a cliff. We remained competitive and won a cup and only just lost out on top 4. It's remarkable what they've achieved.