Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

11 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Lack of creativity the big issue. That squad that finished the game has no right finishing in the top 4, let's be honest. 

I think that is spot on.  

We have been undone by injuries, a full strength, or close, Leicester team is a very different proposition to the one that we have seen in recent games.  We are just missing too many players and carrying too many players that aren't right since injury.  We have to accept we have had awful luck with injuries from day one, frustrating to think what might have been, but we have to bear in mind that we have had, at best imo, a mid-table team to finish the season whilst Liverpool have steamed in with five wins in a row.

7 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Can we please please please get better at defending corners and not play Tottenham at the end of the season. Please.

We ran out of steam again, but managed to nick the Cup. Hope management learn and can set up next season, so we do not run out of steam yet again. 

Heads up everyone. The next few days gonna feel like shit, but then we can look back on an FA Cup triumph and having mostly fun at the top of the league. Its the hurts that makes the good stuff feel amazing. :thumbup:

Something about Tottenham makes our defence look utterly incompetent. We just cannot stop them scoring. Doesn't help when you had three of your first choice defenders out, but I'm disappointed how easily we buckled after going 2-1 up. No nerves, no focus, too little energy. It's such a shame we missed this opportunity when Villa did us this favour. The players will rightly be kicking themselves - none more so than Kasper who's been brilliant all season.

1 minute ago, Hollyfox said:

Very proud of my club and the players efforts this season. 

I honestly can't say I'm not fuming at that though. 

Taking Wilfred out of his best position is baffling and Madders was looking more effective than the 1st half when he was withdrawn. 

Basic passes were poor today and everyone has to hold their hands up to that. 

Nacho was terrible in the 1st half and failed to hold the ball up/win a free kick or a throw in - everything that Vardy does. 

Not looking forward to seeing those smug Chelsea wonkers at work tomorrow 😑

It's more frustrating when you think they've worked so hard and played so well in the face of so much adversity. Klopp can moan as much as he likes, but we've actually been impacted by injuries more than any other club I can think of. Chuck the likes of Harvey and Justin back into the mix, Jonny fit and fofana not going off and we qualify for CL. Done amazingly well no doubt, but it does hurt. Especially when you look at the time we've spent in the top 4. Just glad we've got a couple months off now. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

The club needs to spend some money if we have any. Amartey, Mendy, Perez, Hamza... none of them good enough to make us better than what we are. 
We need to get rid of a decent amount of players and get better. It’s a squad game these days

If we don’t, we’ll bottle it again of that I have little doubt 

Edited by Col city fan

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

Show me a post where someone has said we should finish in the top 6 by rights, regardless of results? . 

How exactly am I going to show you that when it is clearly nonsensical and I never claimed anyone had said this.

Take your strawman arguments and your DVD of us winning the league and sling yer hook and support whoever you think will win the league next year.

We were fine without the likes of you when we were rubbish and we'll be fine without you when we are rubbish again. Some of us live in the real world and see FA Cup winners (FIRST TIME IN OUR HISTORY!!!!) and 5th place as a good season.

And if you really have been a long term LCFC fan then pull yourself together.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

This is the match thread not the season thread, were talking about the match and what it means.

Regardless of thread. Sentiment same.

Tried hard today, losing Fofana was a huge moment, not getting 2 goals ahead was huge, we would have coasted it. Nacho slipping and Kasper error cost us the match.  The covid breach Infront of the West Ham game and multiple losses at home cost us champions league, not today's result. 

We have proved that despite our significant injuries (and lack of squad depth) this season we should have still been good enough to qualify for champions league. We missed out due to losing too many games and the afore mentioned West Ham debacle when the spanner was really thrown into the spokes.

But we won the FA Cup! That will always be shown in the history books! 

Overall a great season, but could have been. and should have been even better!

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

This is the match thread not the season thread, were talking about the match and what it means.

Yes we’ve missed out on the champions league again.But we’ve won the FA cup for the first time and finished 5th.This club is slowly working its way forward and will only get better.

I think anyone would have taken this at the start of the season.

Part of me wonders what spurs fans are like having gifted Chelsea a champions League place but I guess us qualifying is a bigger threat to them long term. 

One more season to get it right, sell noone, improve the squad and see what we can. 

In some ways, it’s easy to convince yourself that we aren’t ready with our squad for CL yet and we’d probably get turned over by most of the regulars in that competition.

But you can’t keep throwing away free tickets because eventually you’ll stop getting given them.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Speedwell 🦊 said:

Yes we’ve missed out on the champions league again.But we’ve won the FA cup for the first time and finished 5th.This club is slowly working its way forward and will only get better.

I think anyone would have taken this at the start of the season.

And......

:plancque:

5 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

In the last 2 games: Villa beat Spurs and Chelsea and we lost to Chelsea and Spurs. Ouch! that hurts

They also had nothing serious to play for, no nerves. We went to Man City when they were going for the title and played really well and narrowly lost. Beat Arsenal comfortably who were going for the Champions League.