Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The club needs to spend some money if we have any. Amartey, Mendy, Perez, Hamza... none of them good enough to make us better than what we are. 
We need to get rid of a decent amount of players and get better. It’s a squad game these days

If we don’t, we’ll bottle it again of that I have little doubt 

Cattermole?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

How exactly am I going to show you that when it is clearly nonsensical and I never claimed anyone had said this.

Take your strawman arguments and your DVD of us winning the league and sling yer hook and support whoever you think will win the league next year.

We were fine without the likes of you when we were rubbish and we'll be fine without you when we are rubbish again. Some of us live in the real world and see FA Cup winners (FIRST TIME IN OUR HISTORY!!!!) and 5th place as a good season.

And if you really have been a long term LCFC fan then pull yourself together.

If you read what I put earlier in the post match thread I said I was delighted with 5th and the fa Cup, but that I was also gutted that we threw away the opportunity we had again, to finish in the top 4. So how is my opinion really any different from what I assume 99 percent of fans are also feeling?

I've been a season ticket holder since long before the league one days, and long before the O'Neill days so it's not like I haven't been there through most of it.  

And regarding the entitlement thing, you kind of did say it .  You said we all sounded entitled with our comments.  I picked you up on it asking where you had interpreted, or read that fans thought we had a divine right to be in the top 4 regardless of results, and you chucked your toys out the pram 

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

If you read what I put earlier in the post match thread I said I was delighted with 5th and the fa Cup, ........ snore; I fell asleep after this.

Don't put words in my mouth. 

In fact; here are my words.

LEICESTER AND PROUD

LEICESTER TILL I DIE

KEEP THE FAITH

FOXES NEVER QUIT

Old Trafford is that way (points north).

8 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

A full pre season, plenty of rest with everybody fit apart from JJ and the rumoured new signings and go all in for the Europa next season!! 

Not too much rest. We need to get on that new training ground and sort out set plays

6 minutes ago, shen said:

Something about Tottenham makes our defence look utterly incompetent. We just cannot stop them scoring. Doesn't help when you had three of your first choice defenders out, but I'm disappointed how easily we buckled after going 2-1 up. No nerves, no focus, too little energy. It's such a shame we missed this opportunity when Villa did us this favour. The players will rightly be kicking themselves - none more so than Kasper who's been brilliant all season.

It wasn't the defence it was the midfield, they always had the best attack line and with Bale probably the most dangerous in the prem, but our midfield with Mendy was like butter exposing our weak defence.  I have no idea why BR when usually he tightens up, at 2 1 still played more expansive and not use the likes of Praet for Nacho.  Poor management if you ask me.

• Like 2

I want to analyze but I am just EXHAUSTED!

We had the lead and playing reasonable well, with Maddison coming into the game much more in the 2d half. But we pull him out, go defensive, drop deeper and virtually invite them on.

All-in-all, another GOOD season, but (again) what a disappointing end. :scarf:

We had injuries, but so had other teams. BR should do better with the squad he had. We were sitting on 3rd for ages, and then just faded away. The wheels gone off at WestHam then we had Southampton and  Newcastle...Those teams all have thinner squads than us and WHam were in a major injury crisis at the time but still managed to spank us.

So 5th again and winning the cup means a good, if not very good season. But the way BR got it wrong time and again, and how we lost our bottle towards the end to fold against Spuds like we did today leaves a sour taste in my mouth. 

• Like 1

Half of me is like we were down to the bare bones and still won a fa cup while taking it to the wire and the other half is like we just lost with 15 mins to go against spurs and the worst spurs side in some years with a stand in manager while CL was on the line.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Eskay said:

We had a case of too many passengers today. 

Mendy can't be expected to come in and play really well when he hardly gets a kick! 

The standard Perez for Madders sub is just kicking the can further down the road and not solving anything. You're bringing one of them on in hope....just hoping one does something to contribute. 

Maddison made Dele Alli stand out today ! 

Albrighton I love to bits but come on he's not worrying any defences. This is the difference between EL and CL. 

Maddison went off for Ricardo... not Perez. A long time before lol

2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

It wasn't the defence it was the midfield, they always had the best attack line and with Bale probably the most dangerous in the prem, but our midfield with Mendy was like butter exposing our weak defence.  I have no idea why BR when usually he tightens up, at 2 1 still played more expansive and not use the likes of Praet for Nacho.  Poor management if you ask me.

Nacho started the second half great. I don't think the subs were wrong, but I do concede that Mendy was largely ineffectual. Would it have been better with Morgan/Amartey? Hard to say, but losing Fofana meant we were severely weakened.

Just now, LestaFox92 said:

Half of me is like we were down to the bare bones and still won a fa cup while taking it to the wire and the other half is like we just lost with 15 mins to go against spurs and the worst spurs side in some years with a stand in manager while CL was on the line.

The latter why this is hard to take, don’t want to use the term bottlers but... you know, top 4 was screaming out and we still f**ked it up. Anyway top 5 and FA Cup is brilliant and once I get over today’s rubbish I can appreciate we had a fabulous season 

I dunno about you lot, but for me football has really dictated my mood throughout lockdown, given that there’s not much else going on, so to lose it in this way really really hurts. Makes the thought of 3 months before next season sound really daunting.

I just wish we could’ve won the cup AFTER losing top 4, so that we finish on a positive :(

• Like 2

These sort of comments of “where were you when we were shit?” are a load of bollocks aren’t they.

No right minded fan can be satisfied with some of the results that lead to today, or today. And regardless of injuries and knowing we’re not in a great position you still have hope to win. Otherwise why would we ****ing bother with any of it?

Also, it’s possible to have multiple emotions. Pure joy at the cup win with amazing memories. Lifetime memories (just wish it was more akin to those 90’s Wembley trips and actually got to go). Gutted about league finish.

These different emotions are what it’s about.

And let me tell you, in my opinion today was ****ing shite.

Edited by Criggers
Bad spelling on me phone
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Having it without ndidi was the issue.. 

A bit of perspective.......Still angry at the way the boys panicked and threw this away, but remember this.  My first game at Filbert street was in 1985. I was a student and decided to go to Leicester for one reason only...and that was to support my home town club. We played Ipswich Town in the first division. It cost £4.50 get in and there were no queues at the turnstiles. The attendance was just over 7000 and we won 1-0. We avoided relegation on the last day of the season, average attendance of just over 10000. 

Today we finished fifth, qualified for Europe for the second year in a row and won the FA Cup to add to our premier league win, playing in a state of the art stadium with a world class training centre. We have broken that top 6 mould. Even MON could not do that. 

Wow......just wow. We have improved. Bring on next season.

• Like 4