Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

35 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Lost the midfield after Wilf dropped into defence.

Maybe Amartey would have been the better option?  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Didn't create enough going forward and no real options to change it.

Disappointing to see one go through Kasper's legs and he missed the punch for their third, but Kasper has single handedly won us 10-15 points this season so we wouldn't have even been in this situation without him.

But we shouldn't have to say this in hindsight. These things should be anticipated beforehand and after the mistakes we've made this past 2 seasons, I'm disturbed that we keep repeating them.

Edited by Kendal Fox

Just a disappointing game, fell apart after their equaliser. The worst game for some of the worst performances from a few of the guys.

Now we need to spend some serious money so we can handle all the games and injuries without resorting to players that are below the level we need. No excuses not to go far in Europa League really.

Edited by lgfualol

3 minutes ago, enmac said:

The tripping up of iheanacho by Winks, I think, when we had players spare up front probably cost us the game. 

Shouldn't have given him the chance to do it first time pass but he's incapable of that the amount of good build ups that break down because of him is unreal.

1 minute ago, ousefox said:

True. Clever play. All part of the game. Seeing others moan about this is weird.

Yes, but a yellow card seems too lenient. Happens in nearly every game. It won't stop until this sort of foul gets a red. 

31 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Proud of the team for breaking into the top 6 yet again for the second season running but can't help feeling like we shot ourselves in the foot today. Fofana going off injured really did cripple us but i think Rodgers sub immediately after his injury was baffling! Mendy didn't look match fit. 

Gutted that we didn't capitalise on Chelsea's sh*t performance instead we put in a sh*t one too

...we struggle to live with pressure!!!

The speculation is that Fofana was carrying an injury and Wilf pulling into the back line, with Mendy dropping into the middle. Hard to take this result as we knew with a defeat for either Chelsea or Liverpool opened everything up for us. We are great at the start of the season, there is no pressure and we play great football as we impose ourselves on teams. We just cannot play when it really matters and you can see the lack of belief spreading through the team with no player with the composure to calm the players down and lead.

4 minutes ago, enmac said:

The tripping up of iheanacho by Winks, I think, when we had players spare up front probably cost us the game. 

The complete lack of subtlety on that foul, for me, is the kind of foul that needs a heavier punishment.

It’s not taking one for the team.

It’s anti football and anti sport and bad sportsmanship. Filth.

• Like 3

A defence with Justin, Fofana and Evans in it probably would have won that. A team with Barnes in it might have scored a couple more today. We have been unlucky with injuries and we have run out of steam. If we are honest, we've been riding our luck for several months now. We've finished 5th and won an Fa Cup. 

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

We might not see another chance to get in the Champions League for many years. I hope we do, but it will take an almighty effort by everyone at the club to get another points total to get us near. 

Sure I remember someone saying that at the end of last season!

• Like 1

We barely created a proper chance. The two penalties came from naive defending in positions from which we wouldn't have scored, and in a way mask a larger gulf between the teams than the scoreline suggests. We looked tired and bereft of creativity. Spurs were able to bring on Gareth Bale who dribbled through our defence, whereas we brought on Ayoze Perez. Fofana's injury was a devastating blow, but I think Rodgers was damned whichever way he responded.

The CL disappointment aside, this has been an incredible season of highs and lows. We can be immensely proud of our final position and the FA Cup win, achieved despite the succession of injuries that plagued us far more than any of our wealthier rivals. We're in a promising position where can strengthen the squad to make us more than competitive in the EL and to aim for top 6 again.

• Like 2

Say it again, lose games to Fulham, West Ham, Everton, Leeds and worst of all Newcastle at home, you won’t get into the top four.

We lost it against Newcastle, we were in a great position and if we could have got 6 points from those two games we would be fine, we didn’t and here we are. 

We need a good summer, we can’t afford to lose any key players and we need to add to the squad with quality. 

• Like 3

The injuries really have bollocksed us. It's just such a shame we weren't more positive in the last 20 minutes. There's all these things that have gone against us this season but what it boils done to is for the last 20 minutes we decided to sit deep and let a lethal strike force pick us apart with a totally makeshift defense. Yes we lost all them games at home we shouldn't have and had all the terrible long term injuries BUT in spite of all this we had 20 minutes to take the game by the scruff of the neck, be positive, get another goal and coast to the top 4 but instead we made defensive minded substitutions, invited world class attackers on to our haphazard and makeshift defense and threw the game away, that's the reality and it really bloody stings at the minute, we were set up to lose in the last 20 minutes and a more positive mentality could well have seen us over the line. Gutting. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Went to the game today. Tottenham came and did nothing all game. We were handed this and threw it away and you could see the players knew it in their reaction. Bottlejob is the right word.

I finding it hard to not have to use the term bottle jobs... but what else was that really. I’m sure once today is over, I can enjoy what a great job the team has done but I’m not feeling happy right now! 

Gutted.

I know this is the second best season in the club's history but can't shake the feeling that we've thrown it away with the repercussions for summer transfers and our chances next season.  And I know injuries have come at such inopportune moments for us with Evans and Fofana in the last few weeks, alongside the horrendous list throughout the season, so we were always up against it.

But we threw it away. And I know we had no great options on the bench, but Mendy coming on must have been the worst option of the lot. The only thing I remember him doing today was giving away a stupid free kick on the edge of the error, which Spurs got a corner from and their equaliser.

It's all just very gutting

• Like 2