Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

45 minutes ago, sishades said:

Shocking management by BR, and not for the first time. 4 defeats in 5. Garbage. 9 home defeats is a disgrace. To concede 3 goals in 14 minutes is appalling. Very very angry. 

What adjectives were you using 8 days ago?

• Like 1

We all proud. We all know where we come from. That’s the problem. Players don’t.

moving away when I was 12/13 to a new town with f*****g London based fans.

fighting every week at school.

some people really don’t know what it means.

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I finding it hard to not have to use the term bottle jobs... but what else was that really. I’m sure once today is over, I can enjoy what a great job the team has done but I’m not feeling happy right now! 

Is bottle job and not being good enough the same thing? 

I don't think it, it doesn't matter how much bottle you have. If you ain't good enough to get the job done, you ain't doing it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I worry that he can’t play in front of a crowd. 

That's my worry too. He doesn't look like somebody who thrives off a crowd. But we didn't do enough in and around their box for him to be fed chances to put away. Too often he picks it up deep and finds it hard to link up play or carry the ball up the pitch. He's been great this season and he has to keep playing but we definitely need another striker still (or an attacking mid). 

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

It was a miracle we managed to win the FA Cup with the amount of wear and tear. A great season and all that but today will surely give Roy Essandoh a run for its money.

Hope we aren't rueing today like we were Wycombe....

How on earth does it compare? If anything its a reminder of where we have been and this is nothing to be as down about.

• Like 1

Did see the sense in moving Wilf to CB after Wes has to go off (he has played there plenty and done well) but the cost to midfield was too high it seems.

We are basically to low quality outside of our starting 11, let’s hope it improves as seasons move forward.

What’s happened to Kel, and Madders tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Now for the FA to deduct Chelsea 1pt for their 7th brawl in 7 seasons. You know it. 

It’ll never happen or stick I would think but Even if it did it would be hollow and even a tad uncomfortable.

9 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The injuries really have bollocksed us. It's just such a shame we weren't more positive in the last 20 minutes. There's all these things that have gone against us this season but what it boils done to is for the last 20 minutes we decided to sit deep and let a lethal strike force pick us apart with a totally makeshift defense. Yes we lost all them games at home we shouldn't have and had all the terrible long term injuries BUT in spite of all this we had 20 minutes to take the game by the scruff of the neck, be positive, get another goal and coast to the top 4 but instead we made defensive minded substitutions, invited world class attackers on to our haphazard and makeshift defense and threw the game away, that's the reality and it really bloody stings at the minute, we were set up to lose in the last 20 minutes and a more positive mentality could well have seen us over the line. Gutting. 

Sorry but I don't agree with your post. We pushed forward to try to get an equalising 3rd goal. We weren't playing defensively at that point. Unfortunately, because we were pressing high, it allowed Bale to get up against 3 backtracking defenders and score a 4th.

8 minutes ago, Parafox said:
54 minutes ago, sishades said:

Shocking management by BR, and not for the first time. 4 defeats in 5. Garbage. 9 home defeats is a disgrace. To concede 3 goals in 14 minutes is appalling. Very very angry. 

What adjectives were you using 8 days ago?

This is not about last week. Please read my posts regarding this season and how I want BR to stay. Our form in the last 5 games was the worst in the top 13....However he is not perfect and should rightly be criticised when people perceive that he has fecked up.

This summer is going to be way more important than the last one.

It’s alright being overly positive or overly negative, but to put some perspective on our current situation, the more times we miss out on top four, the harder it will become.

Rodgers needs to take this squad by the scruff of the neck, show some balls and get rid of the shit, the likes of Choudhury and Perez need to go.

Our squad depth must improve; however being in the Europa League again, could seriously diminish our chances in the transfer market, we’ve been linked with Gosens for example, now we’ll probably end up with Ryan Bertrand as a stopgap, that’s what missing out on Champions League does to you.

The main thing this team needs is leaders, without Evans this team can crumble far too often, we need a leader in the middle too, a Cambiasso type figure around the squad.

It’s alright overloading your squad with young talent, but the last two season’s have shown, that their mentality isn’t up to scratch. 

Big summer needed, or we’ll end up fighting for a place in the Europa Conference League, instead of the Champions League next season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

The only thing I remember him doing today was giving away a stupid free kick on the edge of the error

You miss his diving heading/chesting the ball out before the spurs player would have had a tap in? The problem is if you don't bring on Mendy you bring on Amartey who's equally capable of making those kinds of mistakes. 

• Like 1

Every team has injuries.  Hate that as an excuse.  We were comfortably good enough to finish top 4 2 years in a row and we have conspired to throw it away both times.  I don't really think it's a case of personel.

For me it's mentality and motivation.  Something isn't right in our heads when we walk out on the pitch.  You can see it in how we play.  If he's with us next season, Rogers needs to change mentality completely.  Needs more fire, more passion, we need to get in teams faces, get angry, get the ball up the pitch, 1-2 football, be firmer in 50:50's.  Stop inviting pressure, sitting back and playing in front of teams.  It's suicidal and yet we do it again and again and again.

It would also be nice if he would stop telling the fans and players we are lucky to be where we are as well.  He's one of the best paid managers in the world managing a team with one of the highest wage bills in the world.  It's a loser mentality and puts us instantly on the back foot as a football club. 

We have earned the right to be more arrogant as a club and as a fanbase.

I think winning the Cup has glossed over another late-season collapse that has cost us CL football for the second season running.

And it's all very well lauding Rodgers for away wins at the Etihad etc, but if he takes the credit for those, he must take the responsibility for our dreadful home results against the likes of Newcastle, 10-man Southampton and Fulham. I don't accept he's an elite manager; we are about his ceiling.

Bitterly disappointed.

• Like 2

Well we’ve SH17 the bed again this year in our chase for a champions League place finishing in 5th again 2nd highest placing after spending 249 days in the top 4 another superb achievement, This year to soften the blow of missing out on CL we won the FA Cup for the very first time and now we’re in Europe again next season !

So if anyone says or think this was a unsuccessful season from Brendan and the lads needs a reality check we’ve improved so much but we’re not just there yet we’re missing a few players needed to make us into an unbelievable team with quality enough to push us over the CL line to compete with the so called bigger sides a few quality players to stop us thinking “ Oh bugger not again surely !” 

I for one can’t wait for next season to get back to the KP and to see what quality players Brendan will be bringing into our club to compete for next season ( and I’m sure Top will back Brendan in the chase for quality players)  and bring us the Champions League place we’ve unfortunately missed out the last 2 seasons, but we all know that 

it all comes to they who wait and boy did we wait for the FA Cup but I’m sure not that long for Champions League !!

Guest ttfn
2 minutes ago, Buce said:

I think winning the Cup has glossed over another late-season collapse that has cost us CL football for the second season running.

And it's all very well lauding Rodgers for away wins at the Etihad etc, but if he takes the credit for those, he must take the responsibility for our dreadful home results against the likes of Newcastle, 10-man Southampton and Fulham. I don't accept he's an elite manager; we are about his ceiling.

Bitterly disappointed.

Agree with all of this except I think “glossed over” significantly underplays the Cup win. 

Historic day for the club and one that as others have rightly said will be remembered in years to come when the top 4 has been long forgotten.