Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

This summer is going to be way more important than the last one.

It’s alright being overly positive or overly negative, but to put some perspective on our current situation, the more times we miss out on top four, the harder it will become.

Rodgers needs to take this squad by the scruff of the neck, show some balls and get rid of the shit, the likes of Choudhury and Perez need to go.

Our squad depth must improve; however being in the Europa League again, could seriously diminish our chances in the transfer market, we’ve been linked with Gosens for example, now we’ll probably end up with Ryan Bertrand as a stopgap, that’s what missing out on Champions League does to you.

The main thing this team needs is leaders, without Evans this team can crumble far too often, we need a leader in the middle too, a Cambiasso type figure around the squad.

It’s alright overloading your squad with young talent, but the last two season’s have shown, that their mentality isn’t up to scratch. 

Big summer needed, or we’ll end up fighting for a place in the Europa Conference League, instead of the Champions League next season.

We certainly need to find some leaders, some players with a Keane or Souness edge to them. Galvanising players who inspire, or terrify, those around them. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

It was a miracle we managed to win the FA Cup with the amount of wear and tear. A great season and all that but today will surely give Roy Essandoh a run for its money.

Hope we aren't rueing today like we were Wycombe....

Wigan won it and got relegated, the cup is magical the league and it's positions is about what makes a team 

It is disappointing to lose it in the manner that we have once again this season but, on balance across the season, to me it just shouts out that the squad isn't big enough.  We're relying on having no injuries to players and most, if not all, of our players performing at the highest level week in week out.

We need to bring in 4 or 5 imo and they need to be quality additions and then perhaps we can have a go at the Europa for a CL berth.  We're not far off that.

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Every team has injuries.  Hate that as an excuse.  We were comfortably good enough to finish top 4 2 years in a row and we have conspired to throw it away both times.  I don't really think it's a case of personel.

For me it's mentality and motivation.  Something isn't right in our heads when we walk out on the pitch.  You can see it in how we play.  If he's with us next season, Rogers needs to change mentality completely.  Needs more fire, more passion, we need to get in teams faces, get angry, get the ball up the pitch, 1-2 football, be firmer in 50:50's.  Stop inviting pressure, sitting back and playing in front of teams.  It's suicidal and yet we do it again and again and again.

It would also be nice if he would stop telling the fans and players we are lucky to be where we are as well.  He's one of the best paid managers in the world managing a team with one of the highest wage bills in the world.  It's a loser mentality and puts us instantly on the back foot as a football club. 

We have earned the right to be more arrogant as a club and as a fanbase.

I wouldn’t want to underestimate the level of injuries we’ve had and to whom.

For me the Barnes injury has been so significant as its forced us to completely change the way we play. Aside from Under, we simply don’t have any direct wingers. 

It’s meant Iheanacho has played well but forced Vardy into a provider. It’s meant an attacking midfield change and it’s prevented us from the full back overlaps we used to be treated to.  

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

Wigan won it and got relegated, the cup is magical the league and it's positions is about what makes a team 

3 points between 3rd and 5th. Those who finished in 3rd and 4th are Liverpool and Chelsea. We're doing pretty well then huh. What makes a team? If we're looking at those who finished above us, then money is what makes a team. 

• Like 1

We have thrown away an opportunity definitely. Whether that's down to bottle, mentality, management or just unlucky I don't know. We have to maintain to stand a chance of competing for the top 4. 

Who comes in next if Rodgers, I don't know who we could have with a better CV, and can't afford many mistakes when it comes to transfers.

I thought the players, would have brought something to the table,

This Tank has been Empty Now since Febuary....

We have missed our Big players being Match fit.....and we have missed our team  being  fearless then simply "just going for it"..

2 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

3 points between 3rd and 5th. Those who finished in 3rd and 4th are Liverpool and Chelsea. We're doing pretty well then huh. What makes a team? If we're looking at those who finished above us, then money is what makes a team. 

:claudio: if we had won today, this conversation, or the capitulation of Leicester city this season, we would not be talking today.  We have been second all season until.........what has gone wrong is debatable, but it's not money, it was BR's choice not to recruit in Jan.

1 minute ago, Hoopla10 said:

Money usually does, but we broke that too with a team that cost £30 million. Won’t happen again, the gulf is widening and like it or not will continue to as the greedy 6 hoover up as much money as they can. 

We would need another 5 or 6 top quality players to compete even close to an even playing field and that isn’t going to happen. We’re doing well considering and it is gutting to just miss out like we have, but we have next season now and EL glory to look forward to. 

• Like 1

Sign a top quality defensive midfielder who is quick and can cover the ground to provide cover for Ndidi. And a couple others like a striker and a right winger. The defensive midfielder is key though

Then we can have a crack at top 4

• Like 1

Threw it away.

It was in our hands.

All in all a good season but still disgraceful we’re in the situation we are after being in the top 4 for pretty much 2 whole seasons except the last week of each season where it counts.

• Like 2

Gutted by the end of season fall-off, but we all know it’s a threadbare squad with the level of injuries we’ve sustained. Just completely pissed off as Rodgers cost us that by shoving Wilf to CB. By doing so he weakened two positions. We gifted them midfield and were on the back foot from the moment Wes went off. He had to put a defender on and limit the damage to one area. So disappointing. 

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I thought the players, would have brought something to the table,

This Tank has been Empty Now since Febuary....

We have missed our Big players being Match fit.....and we have missed our team  being  fearless then simply "just going for it"..

Losing Barnes and Justin was massive, without them we’re just not good enough.

Also Maddison never seen a player of his quality all of a sudden look like a pub footballer.

• Like 2

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

:claudio: if we had won today, this conversation, or the capitulation of Leicester city this season, we would not be talking today.  We have been second all season until.........what has gone wrong is debatable, but it's not money, it was BR's choice not to recruit in Jan.

Not really the answer would still be the same. Chelsea loses today and miss out on the CL (which is how close we are to them as a team) then they can go out and spend £100+ mil. The "capitulation" has context, right? Injuries and a hard season. I'm sure there's a mental element to it as well (which is not going to be helped by the narrative we're suddenly bottlers lol). But again having a team where you can bring on a world class sub that can turn a game (something we don't really have) and inject energy back into players costs money. 

So your answer to the problem isn't money, it's to recruit? Is recruitment free? Even a loan you have to pay their wages, right?

Is it bad that I don’t want Soyuncu in the starting 11 next season ? Bullet header vs United aside, he has been a liability at times with his rashness, diving in, giving the ball away in poor areas.....anyone know where he was going for Spurs 4th ?! Reminded me of one of the Bournemouth goals last season !

I have had time to reflect and I am a bit downhearted, we had a great chance and we blew it, oh well at least we won the FA Cup.

Hopefully next season it will be 3rd time lucky with regards to champions league football 

6 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Your point being?  Who said we are not.  But today is today your actions today have an action on today.

My point being compared to the so called top six we’ve not spent anywhere near what they have spent.Wouldn’t you have taken this situation at the start of the season?

we will always be under the radar.

Is it such a bad thing?

The younger supporters of this club do not realise how shit we used to be!

• Like 1

Just now, escape2victory said:

Is it bad that I don’t want Soyuncu in the starting 11 next season ? Bullet header vs United aside, he has been a liability at times with his rashness, diving in, giving the ball away in poor areas.....anyone know where he was going for Spurs 4th ?! Reminded me of one of the Bournemouth goals last season !

Lately he hasn’t been great, maybe not having evans there has been the issue though. He is quality just needs a leader next to him 

Just got home and I'm so deflated. What a chance. We've been so unlucky this season, but when we got a bit of luck our fragility just showed even more.

I was lucky enough to be at Wembley last weekend too and I have to say the fans I was near today were ****ing useless in comparison.

Edited by sdb
  • Like 1