Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

If you look back at the premiership team , there was a better balance of youth and experience. We do not want to become a finishing school for young players who then clear off somewhere else. It may make good business sense but in a 38 game season its often experience that gets the job done. We badly miss Jonny when he is not available pretty sure he would have held us together today.

Absolutely gutted! We just couldn't force our way across the finish line when gifted the opportunity by Villa. How crucial will this latest disappointment be in our development as a club? Have we taken another step on our upward trajectory or is this the zenith?. Time will tell. Recruitment and retention of players over the summer will tell the tale. Was the fact that Tielemans was the last player to leave the pitch and looked more gutted than anyone when he received his award a worrying indicator? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

If you look back at the premiership team , there was a better balance of youth and experience. We do not want to become a finishing school for young players who then clear off somewhere else. It may make good business sense but in a 38 game season its often experience that gets the job done. We badly miss Jonny when he is not available pretty sure he would have held us together today.

Never win anything with kids mate. Enough said. Oh, well, apart from the FA Cup, obs.

5 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Is it bad that I don’t want Soyuncu in the starting 11 next season ? Bullet header vs United aside, he has been a liability at times with his rashness, diving in, giving the ball away in poor areas.....anyone know where he was going for Spurs 4th ?! Reminded me of one of the Bournemouth goals last season !

Best stop drinking now, put the laptop down and walk the dog.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Literally our only way of competing is by being a finishing school for young talent. It’s our ability to sell high that allows us to buy more young talent and keep strengthening.

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

We were in control until Bale and Moura came in. We were doing okay until Kasper had his aberration.

Proud of the lads. Great season...can't shake the feeling like we've blown it though. Have to be honest.

Pretty much my feelings. 

I was upset at the collapse last season. This season we’ve struggle with losing Barnes and JJ, who would have both been in with a shout for player of the season if it wasn’t for the injuries. 

As fans, some of the forum

need a reality check on what it means to be Leicester. We’re in the top 6 on merit again and that is a testament to the work undertaken by everyone at the club. Everyone from Top to the tea lady needs to be proud of what is our 2nd best performance in the Premier League years. Just look at the nett spend per point and we’ll exceed the majority of the division season on season. 

As fans, we’ve had to watch the struggles of getting relegated from the Championship and the rebuilding of the club. We’re making major steps forward to break the mould off the field, so we can compete. If we’re this good working with this budget, how good could we be working with what the big 6 have. 

So, I’m not angry, I’m disappointed. 

Tomorrow is another day, the preparation for next season begins and we go again. 

• Like 3

Disappointing to miss out again. Especially after spending so much time in the Top 4. But we weren't ready for CL. Our squad isn't strong enough. Losing important players to injury hasn't helped but it happens to everyone and we can't use it as an excuse. Away form was excellent but we dropped too many points at home. Overall, we've been successful in what has been a strange season without fans. The F.A Cup win was special and will live long in the memory. Proud of the players and manager for their efforts this season.

9 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Is it bad that I don’t want Soyuncu in the starting 11 next season ? Bullet header vs United aside, he has been a liability at times with his rashness, diving in, giving the ball away in poor areas.....anyone know where he was going for Spurs 4th ?! Reminded me of one of the Bournemouth goals last season !

Great block first half , on Kane I think. 

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

If you mean the title winning season we were a relatively old side winning that.

The average age of the side was creeping up to 29. Only Mahrez and Kante were the 2 ready to take the world by storm.

It is a young team but losing Ricardo and then Covid happening had a massive effect. We almost got there this season but not to be,

What a difference a week in football is?

Fans was poor today.
Lucky enough to be at both games .

Chalk and cheese. 
Hard to take . Gutted as was more than possible.
As a fan base we really need to realise that  the 12th man can and does make a difference!

Charity shield to look forward too enjoy your summer :please::scarf: dilly ding dilly dong !! 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

You can't fault Brendan. When Fofana went down the options were Wes, who's played 5 minutes total since the fall and is retiring or Amartey, who's been shakey at best - vs Kane and Son. Or dropping Ndidi back and bringing in Mendy who's better going forward than Wilf. Keeping in mind you need to win the match.  To me that's the only move. None of those are great options but it is what it is.  

The only questionable move for me is Ricardo for Madisson because I thought Madders was decent today - but he had a 2-1 lead and figured he'd try to protect it.  I can't fault it, but I think they needed 3 goals to win.  Were it me managing I'd have gone with that approach - and maybe moved to lock it down once you get past 80 minutes.  The 65th minute or whenever it happened was too soon.

...that made two positions weak instead of one (had we kept Ndidi in his defensive position)!!!

Maddison's game had picked up and the timing of his substitution was not right, but once Ricardo had come on, the idea would have been to feed him and allow him to run at their defence as Vardy did twice and gained penalties. We desperately needed to get them on the back foot and using Ricardo more would have stretched them but we somehow chose not to do so.

The whole game was far too open and Kane had little pressure and too much space to operate in. West Ham did us in the same way and it seems like some teams have got our measure and we are unable to counteract it.

Next season we will be playing with a back four as we should have done when Fofana went down, we are a better team with a better understanding in that formation.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Literally our only way of competing is by being a finishing school for young talent. It’s our ability to sell high that allows us to buy more young talent and keep strengthening.

We definitely need a highly experienced midfielder in my opinion , for all their talent Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans have been outgunned too often this season. We buy  a 30 y.o. and he has no resale value but he can transfer his game management skills to the younger players.

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

Pretty much my feelings. 

I was upset at the collapse last season. This season we’ve struggle with losing Barnes and JJ, who would have both been in with a shout for player of the season if it wasn’t for the injuries. 

As fans, some of the forum

need a reality check on what it means to be Leicester. We’re in the top 6 on merit again and that is a testament to the work undertaken by everyone at the club. Everyone from Top to the tea lady needs to be proud of what is our 2nd best performance in the Premier League years. Just look at the nett spend per point and we’ll exceed the majority of the division season on season. 

As fans, we’ve had to watch the struggles of getting relegated from the Championship and the rebuilding of the club. We’re making major steps forward to break the mould off the field, so we can compete. If we’re this good working with this budget, how good could we be working with what the big 6 have. 

So, I’m not angry, I’m disappointed. 

Tomorrow is another day, the preparation for next season begins and we go again. 

Absolutely spot on sly👍🏻Well said👏🏻

• Like 1

Just got back. It’s so shit that we can win the FA Cup and I still feel massively deflated. We should be feeling on a high 

I wasn’t even nervous about today’s game until Chelsea went a goal down and I started to believe.

We got what we deserved. Spurs were the better side from the first whistle and despite us having a good spell at the start of the second half, we never really looked in control. We scored with two soft penalties and offered little else. 

That moment that Perez and Ricardo got in a tangle will haunt me. Spurs run up the other end and make it 2-3. 

I’m so pissed off. Pissed off at our injuries, our results, our lack of quality and tenacity at times. 

We’ve lost 12 games this season. You can’t get into the top 4 doing that. 

Chelsea and Liverpool will be in the Champions League after trying to kill it and Man City could win it, after being banned from it in the same year.

Thank **** for our league and cup wins, because I think I’d be done with football otherwise. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

My point being compared to the so called top six we’ve not spent anywhere near what they have spent.Wouldn’t you have taken this situation at the start of the season?

we will always be under the radar.

Is it such a bad thing?

The younger supporters of this club do not realise how shit we used to be!

Answer to your question is, if a club has spent all its journey in the top 2 until the last 6 games, I would expect that team to be In the top 4.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We definitely need a highly experienced midfielder in my opinion , for all their talent Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans have been outgunned too often this season. We buy  a 30 y.o. and he has no resale value but he can transfer his game management skills to the younger players.

They've barely played together when fit though, Maddison isn't close to what he can do. 

Think I may have posted this already but the difference today was bringing 400k a week off the bench versus Perez and Mendy. 

I really hope we can have a clear out this summer and stop carrying some of this ineffective shite we have in reserve. Hopefully we can keep our base and build despite no CL. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They've barely played together when fit though, Maddison isn't close to what he can do. 

I genuinely wonder if Maddison is spent? That hip injury could well hamper his development

1) A great season overall. 2nd best season ever. FA Cup + Euro football

2) Lost out due to poor performances earlier in the season and a tough run-in...

3) Injuries to key players - yes they've all had them to some extent, but on top of our share, Evan's and esp, Little Wes today was tough.

4) Two ref's decisions today. Horseface clearly pushes Sanchez into Kasper whilst he's in the air for the OG + clear handball not given for the third.

Anyone moaning that it's not good enough - get in the bin.

Hope we can hang on to Youri

See you all next season for more joyous entertainment.

Best to all of you.