Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

23 minutes ago, sdb said:

Just got home and I'm so deflated. What a chance. We've been so unlucky this season, but when we got a bit of luck our fragility just showed even more.

I was lucky enough to be at Wembley last weekend too and I have to say the fans I was near today were ****ing useless in comparison.

Our fans are not very good tbh. 

We would have been absolutely destroyed in the home defeats, this season, by the away lot. 

Leeds would have had us for dinner

I'm gutted we lost out, but I'm not calling for any heads.. it's still been a successful season.

Substitutions were off today, and sticking with a formation in which we are putting square pegs in round holes (I understand injuries played a huge part of that). I wouldn't have started Maddison, he has been well off it since coming back from injury, but bringing him off for Ricardo just struck me as an odd decision.. should have been Perez coming on.

11 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

What a difference a week in football is?

Fans was poor today.
Lucky enough to be at both games .

Chalk and cheese. 
Hard to take . Gutted as was more than possible.
As a fan base we really need to realise that  the 12th man can and does make a difference!

Charity shield to look forward too enjoy your summer :please::scarf: dilly ding dilly dong !! 

Just goes to show away fans make more noise. Points matter… 🤣🤣

We couldn’t go..😞😞

Don’t moan if you can’t get tickets…because today you didn’t make the difference…Rubbish…..🙄🙄

14 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Just got back. It’s so shit that we can win the FA Cup and I still feel massively deflated. We should be feeling on a high 

I wasn’t even nervous about today’s game until Chelsea went a goal down and I started to believe.

We got what we deserved. Spurs were the better side from the first whistle and despite us having a good spell at the start of the second half, we never really looked in control. We scored with two soft penalties and offered little else. 

That moment that Perez and Ricardo got in a tangle will haunt me. Spurs run up the other end and make it 2-3. 

I’m so pissed off. Pissed off at our injuries, our results, our lack of quality and tenacity at times. 

We’ve lost 12 games this season. You can’t get into the top 4 doing that. 

Chelsea and Liverpool will be in the Champions League after trying to kill it and Man City could win it, after being banned from it in the same year.

Thank **** for our league and cup wins, because I think I’d be done with football otherwise. 

That there is a hard read, total bs that those clubs get away with the sh*t they tried to pull 

• Like 1

Didn't see the whole game all the way through as I was with a group of mates including Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea fans.

Didn't seem like we created much though?

We got 2 goals through penalties which I thought were both dodgy (if they were given against us - no way!)

We didn't deserve a point today but still a GREAT season!!

2 hours ago, bovril said:

****ed by injuries over the season. 

Absolutely, and last. That's the one thing I think I wouldn't miss if Brendan was poached, I'm certain we could be doing more to reduce these injuries. We used to get near enough zero long-term injuries with Pearson's backroom staff

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Say it again, lose games to Fulham, West Ham, Everton, Leeds and worst of all Newcastle at home, you won’t get into the top four.

We lost it against Newcastle, we were in a great position and if we could have got 6 points from those two games we would be fine, we didn’t and here we are. 

We need a good summer, we can’t afford to lose any key players and we need to add to the squad with quality. 

i totally agree with this post, some good recruitment during the summer and keeping our major players could make the euro league a competion we could win.

• Like 2

Just now, sycokilla said:

i totally agree with this post, some good recruitment during the summer and keeping our major players could make the euro league a competion we could win.

Careful with that positivity! A personal attack will be just around the corner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Absolutely, and last. That's the one thing I think I wouldn't miss if Brendan was poached, I'm certain we could be doing more to reduce these injuries. We used to get near enough zero long-term injuries with Pearson's backroom staff

This is a guy that won us the FA Cup for the first time and got two consecutive top 5 finishes... I’m amazed you could even write such garbage. This with the injuries he had to contend with. I don’t get our fanbase sometimes 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

If there is a worse way to lose CL football I would like to hear it, this really is going to be tough to get over.

Finish 4th.

Chelsea finish 5th, then win the Champions League 🤷‍♀️ 

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We definitely need a highly experienced midfielder in my opinion , for all their talent Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans have been outgunned too often this season. We buy  a 30 y.o. and he has no resale value but he can transfer his game management skills to the younger players.

....you would think so wouldn't you......!!!

Our midfield being outgunned is more to do with us playing with two in the middle up against three in a lot of cases. Playing Perez allows him to drop in and support the midfield, no point looking from creativity from him, all your going to get is work-rate, closing the opposition down and supporting the attack.

With Soumare coming, we have the opportunity to address this problem by packing the midfield, and his robust attitude to the game will allow us to draw some strength from someone not being cowed by the occasion or the opposition. Just look around the team in the last quarter, they were crying out for direction or someone to calm them down and reset. When things start to go wrong in this team the uncertainty spreads like wildfire, and the problem is, there is no-one there to put it out. 

7 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Under NP, the football was absolutely turgid. BR is several classes above NP.

It probably a bit telling that the one stick you have to beat BR with in comparison with NP is that the players didn't get injured very often. They never had to play many games! He'd have us out the cups pronto and telling the fans to F OFF (although actually; some probably should).

I'm not wishing or comparing, but just saying IF Brendan was to go, we probably wouldn't have as many injuries. I'd of course hope BR stays

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Under NP, the football was absolutely turgid. BR is several classes above NP.

It probably a bit telling that the one stick you have to beat BR with in comparison with NP is that the players didn't get injured very often. They never had to play many games! He'd have us out the cups pronto and telling the fans to F OFF (although actually; some probably should).

Wait what are you on about? We played some great football under Pearson? Unless you are utilising selective memory. 

9 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

This is a guy that won us the FA Cup for the first time and got two consecutive top 5 finishes... I’m amazed you could even write such garbage. This with the injuries he had to contend with. I don’t get our fanbase sometimes 

.... Why the hell are people misinterpreting what I've written? I'm a huge BR fan, the FA Cup was fantastic and it's been another great season. I don't want him gone in any sense

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Unabomber said:

Wait what are you on about? We played some great football under Pearson? Unless you are utilising selective memory. 

Yes but this is the Pearson of which, for you, could do no wrong.

‘Did you not read what I told you in the other thread?

Good Kop, bad Kop?

Pearson is weird man

👍

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

In fairness to everyone. 

We’ve played good and bad football under Nigel, Claudio, Claude and Brendan. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 2

Just now, Col city fan said:

Yes but this is the Pearson of which, for you, could do no wrong.

‘Did you not read what I told you in the other thread?

Good Kop, bad Kop?

Pearson is weird man

👍

What you on about? So you don’t rate Pearson and you think he’s weird? Have you met him? 

6 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Lets agree to disagree.

I bet you wouldn't want him over BR; though?

Absolutely not.

But the football under NP was frequently much more enjoyable to watch than under BR. Although the context is very different of course.