Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

15 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Under NP, the football was absolutely turgid. BR is several classes above NP.

It probably a bit telling that the one stick you have to beat BR with in comparison with NP is that the players didn't get injured very often. They never had to play many games! He'd have us out the cups pronto and telling the fans to F OFF (although actually; some probably should).

Yeah, the Rodgers/injuries thing is very tiresome when we consider the schedule of the last fourteen months that we've faced. Trying to tag two ACL type injuries as well - fatigue will have been a factor but not the extent that both Justin and Ricardo suffered theres. 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

What you on about? So you don’t rate Pearson and you think he’s weird? Have you met him? 

Posted this the other day. There’s no point conversing with you Una if you don’t read the fookers..:

I have that on very good authority Una. Pearson ruled the roost but was pretty aloof. Shaky calmed things down and was the approachable one

No bull-shit here. The pair complimented each other very well. Shaky took the bulk of the training sessions too apparently.

Pearson would lay down dictats and Shakespeare would smooth it over with the players

The reason Pearson didn’t stay at Derby was apparently because the players didn’t take to him. And the daft chairman took the players side

Oh crikey; the klaxon has been sounded and the Drearson Army has been mobilised!

I don't want to criticise any of them; but anyone moaning about BR needs to have a good long hard look at themselves; hence me saying 'be careful what you wish for'.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah, the Rodgers/injuries thing is very tiresome when we consider the schedule of the last fourteen months that we've faced. Trying to tag two ACL type injuries as well - fatigue will have been a factor but not the extent that both Justin and Ricardo suffered theres. 

Excellent. I found another poster capable of independent thought and not just lazily and unquestionably accepting the Foxestalk narrative that BR = more injuries.

We play more games because we are more successful and playing highly competitive football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Oh crikey; the klaxon has been sounded and the Drearson Army has been mobilised!

I don't want to criticise any of them; but anyone moaning about BR needs to have a good long hard look at themselves; hence me saying 'be careful what you wish for'.

The Rodgers hate from some is just bizarre... I’m struggling to understand how they coped when we were going backwards and winning f**k all. Other fans most laugh when they read some of the content on here. My verdict on this season is 9 out if 10, would have been 10 had we held on to the lead today 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, astoriafox said:

Tried hard today, losing Fofana was a huge moment, not getting 2 goals ahead was huge, we would have coasted it. Nacho slipping and Kasper error cost us the match.  The covid breach Infront of the West Ham game and multiple losses at home cost us champions league, not today's result. 

We have proved that despite our significant injuries (and lack of squad depth) this season we should have still been good enough to qualify for champions league. We missed out due to losing too many games and the afore mentioned West Ham debacle when the spanner was really thrown into the spokes.

But we won the FA Cup! That will always be shown in the history books! 

Overall a great season, but could have been. and should have been even better!

2 hours ago, Le Renard said:

For me the lack of squad depth and players looking jaded has been the problem for the last 10 matches!  No replacement for Fofana has cost us today imo, and it is a bit worrying to lose the last 2 home matches 2-4! 

I think there is no effective plan B when we lose a CD, eg. when Evans was injured during the warm-up for the Newcastle game we shipped in 4 goals, today when we lost Fontana fairly early on we also shipped in 4.  I worry when we lose any influential player its a bit 'rabbits in the headlights' scenario 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Just got home and I'm so deflated. What a chance. We've been so unlucky this season, but when we got a bit of luck our fragility just showed even more.

I was lucky enough to be at Wembley last weekend too and I have to say the fans I was near today were ****ing useless in comparison.

How did you get to go to both games,when it was one or the other!

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Excellent. I found another poster capable of independent thought and not just lazily and unquestionably accepting the Foxestalk narrative that BR = more injuries.

We play more games because we are more successful and playing highly competitive football.

I have just said on another thread - this was the season of the squad. You look at the four teams what got top four and they have a strong 16 to 18 players. Ultimately the schedule in front of us meant we probably risk too many players early and overplayed others (Barnes was fcuked about three games before Arsenal / Fofana was done at the cup final as well).

From what I have been told it's been a major balancing act for all involved - a lot of folk ought to look back to the team we played against Brighton in 5th Round of the Cup - if they followed the normal when it comes to 'loadings', that's what team could have been playing repeatedly this season. We've had rookie kids start games this season. 

It's forgotten some of the backlines we were fielding early on in the season. At Leeds, we had a back five of Albrighton, Justin, Fofana, Fuchs and Thomas!

• Like 2

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

I have just said on another thread - this was the season of the squad. You look at the four teams what got top four and they have a strong 16 to 18 players. Ultimately the schedule in front of us meant we probably risk too many players early and overplayed others (Barnes was fcuked about three games before Arsenal / Fofana was done at the cup final as well).

From what I have been told it's been a major balancing act for all involved - a lot of folk ought to look back to the team we played against Brighton in 5th Round of the Cup - if they followed the normal when it comes to 'loadings', that's what team could have been playing repeatedly this season. We've had rookie kids start games this season. 

It's forgotten some of the backlines we were fielding early on in the season. At Leeds, we had a back five of Albrighton, Justin, Fofana, Fuchs and Thomas!

Bingo.

We have played players this year who probably shouldn't have played. Of course we have.

We also did this under NP and CS and CR and CP etc etc etc. The difference this season has been :

a) Ridiculous schedule; further contributed to by:

b) Deep progression in general across the cups

c) Squad performance was good; so fans have taken it for granted.

The toll taken by the season as a whole showed toward the end of the year.

What I have to say I do find a bit puzzling is the reluctance to use SOME squad members; starting with Praet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The Rodgers hate from some is just bizarre... I’m struggling to understand how they coped when we were going backwards and winning f**k all. 

I think they all supported Man Utd or Liverpool then; so probably coped absolutely fine.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Can someone help me get over that dreadfully cynical foul by Winks please? Because it has ruined my mood. Along with Kasper at corners. And Rodgers putting N’didi in defence. And him taking Maddison off for a RWB. Thanks. 

People have been rightly saying on here that those type of fouls are more than a yellow, but they're still not a red. It's really unsportsmanlike and annoying...Pep's teams are great at it. Think introducing a sin bin type thing for it would help.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Our fans are not very good tbh. 

We would have been absolutely destroyed in the home defeats, this season, by the away lot. 

Leeds would have had us for dinner

I had some right wet wipe near me had a moan at me for being too loud in the first half and branded me a racist for calling Bale a Gypo lol

Edited by kyleolly
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Bingo.

We have played players this year who probably shouldn't have played. Of course we have.

We also did this under NP and CS and CR and CP etc etc etc. The difference this season has been :

What I have to say I do find a bit puzzling is the reluctance to use SOME squad members; starting with Praet.

It is a bit puzzling when Teilmant

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Bingo.

I also find it a bit puzzling when Youri, Timmy and Praet play together in a very successful Belgian team, why not at The Foxes?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dayday said:

Losing Barnes and Justin was massive, without them we’re just not good enough.

Also Maddison never seen a player of his quality all of a sudden look like a pub footballer.

Before then We lost Maddison,Soyu, Vardy,Ricardo,Ndidi...its been happening all season

A squad like ours just cant afford to Take such hard hits, Not One has Returns fully fit...

I Dont Blame anyone, its just been One of those situations...despite all that, es compete d at the highest end of the table...blooded some noses,

L'pool & Chelsea got off lightly, with the squads-in-depth & ressources they had....

Then the last game Fofana falls out, probably been Nursed through the last few weeks,since he took bis First serious outage...

Some who are pushing our injuries to the side.....just Dont follow football...

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Bingo.

Praet in particular is a head scratcher for me. He's not a 9/10 performer but he's like a Swiss army knife player, capable of six and sevens. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I also find it a bit puzzling when Youri, Timmy and Praet play together in a very successful Belgian team, why not at The Foxes?

Praet very rarely plays in the same team as Youri when it comes to Belgium. Martinez likes a 3-4-3 system with Youri and De Bruyne 

Just now, Fox1norfolk said:

It is a bit puzzling when Teilmant

It comes down to a few things; I think; but I don't understand why DP has been used to little at times when JM and AP have performed poorly.

TC was unlucky as were countless others with his injury. The spot in the side was his own. Others have played and played well (not deserving to be dropped). His comeback sort of coincided with Riccy P also. I'd argue neither are fully fit nor look as energetic as they have previously. Add Luke Thomas and Fuchs to the mix and the unexpected excellence and versatility of JJ and you now have 4 full backs who might expect to start (albeit with 3 terrible injuries between them this year). Add to it that Albrighton can be utilised if we play a wing back system and where we've had centre back injuries this season too and TC has been asked to play all over the shop of late. I reckon he's played centre back in a back 4 and back 5 as well as left back, left wing back, right wing back and right back and even a game where he looked to be playing wide midfield.

The midfield is on the face of it more straightforward; its a squad game but I think ideally BR would love to pick Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison as his three there; which might previously have been four midfielders (with Praet) and only Vardy up front. The excellent emergence of Barnes encouraged pressure on places and a genuine option of playing with width coming from elsewhere than full backs; which isn't Praet's strength. The same emergence of Nacho to 'plug a whole' further influenced shape changes as we stumbled upon a shape and personnel that allowed Vardy and Nacho to play together.

Simply put, injuries all round and emergences of other options left Praet as the forgotten man who just didn't fit any more; he didn't have possession of a spot and the players were largely getting the job done.

I have to say though that this is where it comes back to being puzzling because JM and AP were involved in that party and clearly at times not 100% fit or in the best form; so I don't understand why DP didn't get rotated in more as substitute or even starter for a game or two?

My own take on all this is that I wouldn't be surprised if we move on JM this summer; IF we can get enough money and IF he can pass a medical anywhere. Maybe AP too if anyone is keen (although BR clearly does like both). That may mean DP gets his chances again? All that is personal take by the way; I am not aware of any offer for either.

For me if we can get a decent offer for Maddison, we've gotta let him go.

That hip issue is going to be chronic. Spoke to a Cov fan last Tuesday and he said he had more than his fair share of injuries at Cov. Alongside his knee popping at Norwich. It's coarse but if a deal makes sense, we've gotta be business minded. 

14 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

The problem was that our squad wasn’t strong enough for a top four finish, we had too many injuries 

He does not use the squad? JJ played every game before his injury when he needed a rest, Pratt and Amarty, Under,  even Mendy could have been used more for fresh legs

• Like 1