Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

That was shit today...no 2 ways about it....Chelsea away was also poor as was Newcastle at home and Soton away. Other than just beating a United B team and putting in a performance for the FA Cup final we've been way off the pace lately. If its not injured players its out of form ones like Vardy and Maddison. 

Anyone who is disappointed and a little angry today has every right to be. Yes people will say....if you were offered etc etc and we won the FA Cup but that doesn't take away the pain of coming so close to the CL for the 2nd season in a row only to bottle it near the end. Unforgivable really.

• Like 2

The bit that I hate is the smug “experts”, it’s why when we won the league was so significant to see them all lost for words.... but even watching the game today, you could tell the commentators were itching for Spurs to score, it was like they wanted us to implode again.... that’s worse to take than the actual losing....

3 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Something wrong with football when Harry Winks can make no attempt to win the ball and stops a 3 on 1 situation and just gets an inconsequential yellow card. How nobody in the ground has walked into the pitch and cunted him into next year is beyond me

I was thinking this at the time. In situations like this, especially with VAR, surely stopping clear chances cynically like he did should be a red card. Like you say players will do it knowing its just a booking and basically preventing a goal chance. 

52 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Excellent. I found another poster capable of independent thought and not just lazily and unquestionably accepting the Foxestalk narrative that BR = more injuries.

We play more games because we are more successful and playing highly competitive football.

Mostly guys are getting injuries in games aswell. It's not like they're all dropping down In training. How can BR stop players getting bad injuries in a match like Barnes and Justin did.? I swear some fans would drive BR out of here, the guy who has us in the top 6 and won us a cup in 2 full seasons, its madness. 

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Mostly guys are getting injuries in games aswell. It's not like they're all dropping down In training. How can BR stop players getting bad injuries in a match like Barnes and Justin did.? I swear some fans would drive BR out of here, the guy who has us in the top 6 and won us a cup in 2 full seasons, its madness. 

wE wAnT oUr nIgEl bAcK!!!!

He's not everyones favourite player here but I would have brought Perez a lot sooner before they equalized.Even if he didn't score he might have brought a bit more urgency to our forward play. Needed someone to get a few passes together and get us out of the defensive mindset.

• Like 1

All you lot moaning should have to go to Home Park in the rain (as if the weather is a variable there). It has to be mid-week. You can choose between a turgid 0-0 and a 1-0 defeat. This game goes on for what feels like 17 hours. You are cold and wet. You are worried that Barry Hayles looked like he might have a hurty foot and would be he alright for next week's crucial relegation 6 pointer vs Walsall. Or Rotherham. Or whoever. You can't get home because trains. Just trains.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

All you lot moaning should have to go to Home Park in the rain (as if the weather is a variable there). It has to be mid-week. You can choose between a turgid 0-0 and a 1-0 defeat. This game goes on for what feels like 17 hours. You are cold and wet. You are worried that Barry Hayles looked like he might have a hurty foot and would be he alright for next week's crucial relegation 6 pointer vs Walsall. Or Rotherham. Or whoever. You can't get home because trains. Just trains.

It's pointless arguing with these muppets mate.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's pointless arguing with these muppets mate.

Its pointless, but its evoking some excellent but terrible nostalgia.

I remember going absolutely mental at Palace away having actually bloody won there. It was a shocking game, but DJ campbell scored for us (fancy that!)

I'm convinced there were limbs everywhere and I quite badly hurt myself. Thinking back now; we might not even have won.

That's a Leicester memory I take to the grave. Today's 4-2 will be forgotten very quickly.

That cup win at Charlton also where i think we obstructed their defenders somehow and Dion Dublin actually scored a header from a corner for us (fancy that!). 

I think I'm just rambling now.

Mendy for Fofana was odd. Rodgers spoke about us losing two key players at defending set pieces, so why not bring on Amartey? Or Fuchs? I’ve yet to see Ndidi at CB work once, it just weakens us in the middle and that’s what ultimately cost us.

I can’t shake that feeling from minutes 52 to 75. The hope had well and truly returned and I really thought we were going to do it. It felt right. We looked comfortable and Spurs didn’t really look that bothered, then another poor set piece and it all just fell apart around us.

We’ve had multiple golden opportunities over these last few weeks and we haven’t taken them any of them. 5th is probably fair, but it’s really really hard to take at the minute.

• Like 4

You can say whatever you like but hearing my beloved Leicester City being called bottlers by so many pundits, and football fans, hurts. It’s really pissing me off. I know it shouldn’t, and it’s not even a totally fair comment but it’s still irritating. I was hoping today we could prove everyone wrong. It wasn’t to be. 

I am proud of the players efforts over the season. They have had SO many injuries to deal with, and European football, and COVID. But we should have won today, having been 2-1 ahead. 

3 hours ago, bongo92 said:

Fair shout, but I can’t see the big sides continually having bad blips 

Logic tells you that anytime at least two of these teams are likely to be going through a bad patch, they don't all end up on 70 plus points every season.

68 would have been enough this season as it is most.

So we may not win as many of the games agianst the big six next year, let's just make sure we deal with the teams 6th to 12th .

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

The current entitlement amongst the fanbase really grates on me. 

I agree with you; but be careful, I said this earlier and supported my argument with exactly why its the case and just got verbally attacked by a load of posters.

Hopefully you don't suffer the same fate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Just got back. Of course I’m disappointed by that, but looking at it overall... what a season. Proud of the club. 

What I will say is I was disappointed by the fans at times today - so much moaning and groaning even early on. Other than a few mins after going 2-1 up the atmosphere was surprisingly poorer than I thought it’d be. Then the amount of ‘fans’ that left around me when it went to 3-2 was a disgrace.

And I reckon a lot of those fans would be the same ones that talk about the players not caring about the club... well you didn’t care enough to stick around and applaud the squad that won us our first FA cup, and has qualified us for a second successive season of European football. It beggars belief. 

The current entitlement amongst the fanbase really grates on me. 

I'd say a lot of fans were too nervous to start getting too cheerful after we went ahead.

Would have been a major celebration had we held on but after losing out on top 4 twice was bound to hurt those at the ground,

45 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

That was shit today...no 2 ways about it....Chelsea away was also poor as was Newcastle at home and Soton away. Other than just beating a United B team and putting in a performance for the FA Cup final we've been way off the pace lately. If its not injured players its out of form ones like Vardy and Maddison. 

Anyone who is disappointed and a little angry today has every right to be. Yes people will say....if you were offered etc etc and we won the FA Cup but that doesn't take away the pain of coming so close to the CL for the 2nd season in a row only to bottle it near the end. Unforgivable really.

The Southampton game, even though we dropped points, I actually thought we did enough and played well. However, the other ones mentioned we set up wrong and showed no desire to win. Spineless against Chelsea and today and Newcastle was just a bad day at the office from all. There are countless other games we could discuss...

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

You can say whatever you like but hearing my beloved Leicester City being called bottlers by so many pundits, and football fans, hurts. It’s really pissing me off. I know it shouldn’t, and it’s not even a totally fair comment but it’s still irritating. I was hoping today we could prove everyone wrong. It wasn’t to be. 

I am proud of the players efforts over the season. They have had SO many injuries to deal with, and European football, and COVID. But we should have won today, having been 2-1 ahead. 

It hurts but bottlers no. We’ve won an fa cup, we’ve scared the shit out of teams that spend 100s of millions more than us to achieve what we have. So much so that they tried to form their own little league to shut us and those that are closing in out. That’s bottling it, scared of competition. 

After this season I no longer have to hear every year 4 time s losers and never won it. 

we’ve bottled nothing and should be immensely proud.

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I agree with you; but be careful, I said this earlier and supported my argument with exactly why its the case and just got verbally attacked by a load of posters.

Hopefully you don't suffer the same fate.

You’ve been making some reasonable points but in a pretty cantankerous and unpleasant way. I imagine that’s why you’ve been ‘getting attacked’

10 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Mendy for Fofana was odd. Rodgers spoke about us losing two key players at defending set pieces, so why not bring on Amartey? Or Fuchs? I’ve yet to see Ndidi at CB work once, it just weakens us in the middle and that’s what ultimately cost us.

I can’t shake that feeling from minutes 52 to 75. The hope had well and truly returned and I really thought we were going to do it. It felt right. We looked comfortable and Spurs didn’t really look that bothered, then another poor set piece and it all just fell apart around us.

We’ve had multiple golden opportunities over these last few weeks and we haven’t taken them any of them. 5th is probably fair, but it’s really really hard to take at the minute.

I'm fcukin sick of us not being able to defend set pieces. We only seem capable if we have all 3 of Fofana, Soyuncu and Evans. Lose one of them and its iffy, Lose 2 of them and put the height of an 11 year old child in there and it's no surprise.

Just gutted.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bennytwohats said:

You’ve been making some reasonable points but in a pretty cantankerous and unpleasant way. I imagine that’s why you’ve been ‘getting attacked’

Well done for managing to disagree with me without swearing. If you could educate some of the other users here, I'd be much obliged.

I can deal with cantankerous. Unpleasant is unfair; but whatever. You do you.

37 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The bit that I hate is the smug “experts”, it’s why when we won the league was so significant to see them all lost for words.... but even watching the game today, you could tell the commentators were itching for Spurs to score, it was like they wanted us to implode again.... that’s worse to take than the actual losing....

I was listening to the radio this afternoon and they had three football fans on (two were Liverpool and Chelsea, because of course). When asked if they'd prefer winning the FA cup or top 4, they both said top 4. Their reasoning was because they're top 4 clubs. I think it's the same for the "experts". The CL has gone beyond being just a competition, it defines the identity of these clubs. ManU celebrated their late season run last season to pass us into the CL. What did they do with it? Nothing. It meant everything for them, not because of the money but because they perceive themselves as a top 4 team.