Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

5 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

It hurts but bottlers no. We’ve won an fa cup, we’ve scared the shit out of teams that spend 100s of millions more than us to achieve what we have. So much so that they tried to form their own little league to shut us and those that are closing in out. That’s bottling it, scared of competition. 

After this season I no longer have to hear every year 4 time s losers and never won it. 

we’ve bottled nothing and should be immensely proud.

100% agree but I fear if we're in the same position next season this fake narrative will be resurrected by the pundits. They love banging a narrative even if it's BS. And some on here will drag it up as well. Both will bug me but I hope that the players and manager know how to let it go and not feel the weight of it. 

Gutted. Just absolutely gutted.

Still proud of how far we've come as a club. When I think back to travelling to Carlisle nearly 15 years ago a week before Christmas and watching an on loan Mark Davies come on for us and thinking he was the future of English football, it really helps me gain some perspective.

I fear we've missed a window to break into that top 4, but I hope I'm wrong. Just hope we invest correctly in the squad and maybe try and give the Europa League a proper crack as a route into the champs league. 

Very proud of our Cup win this year and even though fifth feels like an uppercut right now, that's a bloody good finish in arguably the most competitive league in the world. 

Win, lose or draw. Forever Leicester. 🦊

• Like 2

So depressing seeing Chelsea and Liverpool **** about for 6 months and still get into the CL. Being in the Premier League has made me hate every big club.

Spurs really turned it on today. They’re not what they were, but they had a lot more quality in key areas than we did. In a way it shows how well we’ve done to compete at the top end. That said, it’s a massive opportunity missed again. Gutted.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'm not having it that Tottenham didn't want to win the game- you don't send on Bale and Moura if you aren't interested, despite Paul Merson bizarrely praising Mason for doing it.

Pro athletes always want to win 

if kel scores and they go 3-1 down then are they motivated enough to try and drag themselves back into it!  I doubt that 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

So depressing seeing Chelsea and Liverpool **** about for 6 months and still get into the CL. Being in the Premier League has made me hate every big club.

Spurs really turned it on today. They’re not what they were, but they had a lot more quality in key areas than we did. In a way it shows how well we’ve done to compete at the top end. That said, it’s a massive opportunity missed again. Gutted.

It'd be super if they banned all of them from the CL.

Even if we didn't get it in their place.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

I was listening to the radio this afternoon and they had three football fans on (two were Liverpool and Chelsea, because of course). When asked if they'd prefer winning the FA cup or top 4, they both said top 4. Their reasoning was because they're top 4 clubs. I think it's the same for the "experts". The CL has gone beyond being just a competition, it defines the identity of these clubs. ManU celebrated their late season run last season to pass us into the CL. What did they do with it? Nothing. It meant everything for them, not because of the money but because they perceive themselves as a top 4 team.

It’s the money. That’s what they and us were really chasing.

The thought of more money was why they wanted to chase the Super League and not the CL just a few weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

It’s the money. That’s what they and us were really chasing.

The thought of more money was why they wanted to chase the Super League and not the CL just a few weeks ago.

For the club owners maybe but I think for their fans it's about the illusion of status. It's why they'd rather finish top 4 than actually win the second most prestigious cup in the English game. The third football fan on the program was a Fulham fan who said how much he loved competing in the Europa League, travelling to European cities, watching them play outside of England etc. Just enjoying the journey. The Liverpool and Chelsea fans thought it was worthless and would avoid it if they finished 5th. Needless to say I hated them and kept shouting at the presenter to push back on the drivel just a little. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I'd say a lot of fans were too nervous to start getting too cheerful after we went ahead.

Would have been a major celebration had we held on but after losing out on top 4 twice was bound to hurt those at the ground,

Poor darlings..

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Answer to your question is, if a club has spent all its journey in the top 2 until the last 6 games, I would expect that team to be In the top 4.

And I said would you have taken this position at the end of the season.5th placed finish and an FA cup win.I think you would!

38 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Poor darlings..

I'd give credit to the fans for that. You don't want to end up like the Chelsea berks celebrating in Wembley only to look foolish.

I could understand their frustration at the end though. Not every club is leaving top 4 behind them like that 2 seasons in a row. Only Newcastle under Keegan have let a big lead like that fall through.

54 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

For the club owners maybe but I think for their fans it's about the illusion of status. It's why they'd rather finish top 4 than actually win the second most prestigious cup in the English game. The third football fan on the program was a Fulham fan who said how much he loved competing in the Europa League, travelling to European cities, watching them play outside of England etc. Just enjoying the journey. The Liverpool and Chelsea fans thought it was worthless and would avoid it if they finished 5th. Needless to say I hated them and kept shouting at the presenter to push back on the drivel just a little. 

These people really don't get why they are part of the problem. The Super League, which I'm sure they were "outraged" about, stemmed from a belief that these clubs were too important to be slumming it with "minnows" and needed to do their own thing as they were the only lot that mattered.

I've said it elsewhere but this be all and end all mentality of Champions League football is harming the game hugely in both competition and attitude.

• Like 1

The top 4 wasn’t lost today but in previous games which we should have comfortably won.. It is what it is, we’ve got a young squad so let’s put it down to character building.

We’re ****ing FA Cup winners and playing European Football next season.. I’d have snapped your hand off for that at the start of the season. Immensely proud of this young squad, let’s hope we push on next season and fix our home form!

:scarf:

Edited by idoesthis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, idoesthis said:

The top 4 wasn’t lost today but in previous games which we should have comfortably won.. It is what it is, we’ve got a young squad so let’s put it down to character building.

We’re ****ing FA Cup winners and playing European Football next season.. I’d have snapped your hand off for that at the start of the season. Immensely proud of this young squad, let’s hope we push on next season and fix our home form!

:scarf:

The fickle fan won't get this, but the club will be.

Be positive folks, look at the squad in August, now look at it, there is sooooo much goodness to look forward to.

Will Sky mention our injuries ever? willy pullers.

Spurs really wanted to beat us today, was their cup final. Hate Kane and Bale. 

We started today without Evans, James Justin, Harvey Barnes. Maddison is way off form and Vardy is spent. Fofana limped off. Fofana stays fit We win that game. Not many teams can get by with that much impact on the 1st team. We gave struggled for injuries the last 2 seasons, I hope that it's because of the 2 quick seasons. We need more signings. I think that Champions League battles may now be a thing of the past as Liverpool, City, United and Chelsea will all splash serious cash.

Annoyingly not a Saturday game in sight.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It does feel a bit like the chance to make CL has passed us by a little. Chelsea will strengthen further next season and Liverpool won't be nearly as bad. 

We said that last season and we've come within a whisker again. Yes it's disappointing but we will be in the hunt next season. Let's just hope we have the depth in squad to call upon. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Logic tells you that anytime at least two of these teams are likely to be going through a bad patch, they don't all end up on 70 plus points every season.

68 would have been enough this season as it is most.

So we may not win as many of the games agianst the big six next year, let's just make sure we deal with the teams 6th to 12th .

...I  posted at the beginning of the previous season that it is not what you do against this best teams but the points you garner against the other clubs that brings you success!!!

Anything picked up against the big boys is a bonus, no reason why can't make top four next season, we just need to be better at the lower end.

Too many teams came away with points against us with a "low block", and we need to find a way to overcome this as we will be throwing points away, again.

I must have watched a different match to the one everyone else watched. Despite the result I thought the players gave everything. Losing Fofana early on, a mistake from Kasper, and goals from world class players left us desperately chasing a goal, leaving us open.

Disappointing not to get Champions League, but a fantastic season when looked at objectively. Just hope we can keep our main players, strengthen a little and go again next season.

If u want to break it down and are really honest about our team , then u have to say that are players are not technically good enough, we turn the ball over to easily when in tight spots where as good sides players get out of those spots , we scored from to spot kicks but other than that we had very little in chances. We need to invest in players who call hold the ball and bring others into the game , sad end to the season , but we won the cup and we are back in Europe so it’s not all bad .