Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

8 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

So depressing seeing Chelsea and Liverpool **** about for 6 months and still get into the CL. Being in the Premier League has made me hate every big club.

Spurs really turned it on today. They’re not what they were, but they had a lot more quality in key areas than we did. In a way it shows how well we’ve done to compete at the top end. That said, it’s a massive opportunity missed again. Gutted.

Exactly my thoughts after the game. Spurs had that extra quality right across the pitch and deserved the victory

I know it’s an excuse, but injuries are what have done us in the last 2 seasons not bottling. Fofana today being a prime example. As that disrupts the whole team as wilf has to move.

kaspers mistake made us lose are heads, but if it wasn’t for him we’d have not won the FA cup.

we need some depth and a season where are key players stay fit for 90% of the time and we will make the top 4. 

• Like 1

Great season overall. Would have been better if the Champions League qualification was clinched from winning some of the easier previous games instead of leaving it til the last game. Once it came down to the last game, Just need to learn how to play under pressure. 

Take a break and try again next season :)

6 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I blame Aguero for that ridiculous paneka 

The good thing about yesterday (and our recent performances in general) is that we have plenty enough to blame on ourselves, which I personally find easier than losing sleep over Aguero or Allison or whatever. We had enough chances but didn't take them. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Will Sky mention our injuries ever? willy pullers.

Spurs really wanted to beat us today, was their cup final. Hate Kane and Bale. 

We started today without Evans, James Justin, Harvey Barnes. Maddison is way off form and Vardy is spent. Fofana limped off. Fofana stays fit We win that game. Not many teams can get by with that much impact on the 1st team. We gave struggled for injuries the last 2 seasons, I hope that it's because of the 2 quick seasons. We need more signings. I think that Champions League battles may now be a thing of the past as Liverpool, City, United and Chelsea will all splash serious cash.

Annoyingly not a Saturday game in sight.

they wanted to win because as pro athletes, that’s in their DNA. but they didn’t play with much intensity. We were able to pop it around whilst we had our shape in a way that Chelsea never allowed us to.  Once 2-1 up, Brendan was screaming at them to just keep playing back and forth and the players were all gesticulating to each other to calm down.  But keeping two up top meant that papy was alone screening the back four and offering to receive the ball. That really confused me about the change. A goal up, going to a back four was strange enough after not playing it for months - but to leave two up top when we needed to cement the midfield space  in front of the centre backs was a little bizarre. not sure that Ricky was the right change in that shape alteration. suspect you would have needed to bring both subs on to achieve that with hamza for kel or amartey and push wilf back up. But you surely only have Dan on in a three. Anyway, we seemed to lose the plot both on the field and off it.  They knew wes was potentially going to break down so they should have had complex plans to cope. It wasn’t an unexpected curve ball thrown at them. 

2 hours ago, Bptiger said:

If u want to break it down and are really honest about our team , then u have to say that are players are not technically good enough, we turn the ball over to easily when in tight spots where as good sides players get out of those spots , we scored from to spot kicks but other than that we had very little in chances. We need to invest in players who call hold the ball and bring others into the game , sad end to the season , but we won the cup and we are back in Europe so it’s not all bad .

I agree but I also think most of our players are able to do that but if your shape is such that you don’t have options close by then you can’t  be expected to do it all on your own when pressed 

we haven’t created chances when the games have been alive for quite a while now ..... late on at West Ham and home to newcastle was too late. Take away the first half against West Brom and you have to go back some time to find a side which has been playing well going forward.  The return from the last nine is one point more than last season.  We are able to use the fa cup win as an excuse this time but they do need to be honest as a group as to whether that really was the case.

34 minutes ago, teblin said:

I know it’s an excuse, but injuries are what have done us in the last 2 seasons not bottling. Fofana today being a prime example. As that disrupts the whole team as wilf has to move.

kaspers mistake made us lose are heads, but if it wasn’t for him we’d have not won the FA cup.

we need some depth and a season where are key players stay fit for 90% of the time and we will make the top 4. 

Seriously, how can you misspell a 3 letter word ?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

There is a thread in General awaiting your presence :)

Fwiw, there's a depressing difference between misspelling and not knowing that it's wrong. Which he apparently did :) 

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Sorry “our”. Bloody hell mate it’s 6.20am on a Monday. Also I used the wrong word, I didn’t spell it wrong.

Edited by teblin
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

And that’s a sorry state. Football, any sport has been about winning things, qualifying is winning nothing. We won’t look back in 30 years time and talk about the time we qualified for champions league, but we will be talking about our first fa cup win then and beyond. 

I agree. But sadly, without devaluing our achievement, the FA Cup no longer has the same cachet or status as it did and football competition has evolved, for the worse. Financiallly it is comparatively poor, there is no European qualifying route (remember the Cup Winners Cup) and the so-called big 6, other than Spurs, have won it so much in recent years that, without any real reward, they aren't even bothered. Chelsea turning up in naff track suits betrayed their lack of real desire or respect. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

41 minutes ago, sdb said:

The good thing about yesterday (and our recent performances in general) is that we have plenty enough to blame on ourselves, which I personally find easier than losing sleep over Aguero or Allison or whatever. We had enough chances but didn't take them. 

I much prefer if we do what we can and miss out. It's so frustrating knowing that it was in our hands but we blew it. If we win yesterday and miss out on GD I could accept that. But we missed out because we couldn't do the job ourselves.

Guest Col city fan

Just, somewhat masochistically, watched back the highlights of the Chelsea game and our game.

So so disappointed that we couldn’t finish the job off yesterday but actually we were pants to be honest

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Just, somewhat masochistically, watched back the highlights of the Chelsea game and our game.

So so disappointed that we couldn’t finish the job off yesterday but actually we were pants to be honest

We’ve been off it for weeks. I think one of the major factors was the FA cup final being when it was, kind of took everything out of us and killed our season in the end. 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We’ve been off it for weeks. I think one of the major factors was the FA cup final being when it was, kind of took everything out of us and killed our season in the end. 

If it had been any later then we would be struggling to find  seven fit players for the bench !!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, enmac said:

Fofana had a ongoing hamstring problem. (Rodgers) 

It's stuff like this that irritates me. If player's are injured then prepare without them. Plan accordingly and allow the squad player's to be well versed in the game plan. Instead we took a gamble which hasn't paid off, disrupted our game plan/shape mid game, and now have an injured player who'll now spend the best part of a month recovering from said injury rather than focusing on vital minutes building base fitness for next season. 

• Like 2

Spurs almost won that match by accident. At 2-1 they weren’t really pushing for an equaliser, despite the subs, and had no intensity at all. They were tidy and playing through us at times, but I felt pretty relaxed.

Then Kasper punches one into his own net, we lose our heads and they just pick us off on the counter.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

It's stuff like this that irritates me. If player's are injured then prepare without them. Plan accordingly and allow the squad player's to be well versed in the game plan. Instead we took a gamble which hasn't paid off, disrupted our game plan/shape mid game, and now have an injured player who'll now spend the best part of a month recovering from said injury rather than focusing on vital minutes building base fitness for next season. 

He had a contingency plan, but unfortunately it was a terrible one.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
14 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Say it again, lose games to Fulham, West Ham, Everton, Leeds and worst of all Newcastle at home, you won’t get into the top four.

We lost it against Newcastle, we were in a great position and if we could have got 6 points from those two games we would be fine, we didn’t and here we are. 

We need a good summer, we can’t afford to lose any key players and we need to add to the squad with quality. 

I agree and to concede the amount of goals we gave this season will rarely result in a top four finish

Reminds me of Brian Clough talking of keeping clean sheets, all those years ago. 
‘You’ll never win anything if you concede too many goals’

23 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Fof looked absolutely distraught when he came off ,He has hurt himself badly and knows its another long  haul which may or may not get him fit agaim

if he's out of the u21s and is forced to rest for the summer to get fit  so long as there is no long term damage that's quite handy for us . 

If we look at the last game only we will win nothing with only one CB on the pitch, when Fofana got injured and had to come off it left us wide open as BR brought on Mendy and moved Ndidi to CB not in my opinion a great move.

If we have defenders on the bench like Big Wes, Amartey or Fuchs but he does not trust them enough to play them we have a big problem?

We need a squad with more depth and a bench that we can trust to do their job on the pitch.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dynamark said:

Fof looked absolutely distraught when he came off ,He has hurt himself badly and knows its another long  haul which may or may not get him fit agaim

Watching lil' Wes on his own limping behind his team mates in the rain towards the end of the lap of honour was the saddest image of the season for me. I wanted to jump over the barrier and put my arm around him. 

I waited around until most around me had gone down the steps after the lap of honour had ended and Top came back out with some gifts for the few still left down the front. He looked as miserable as the rest of us with the weather to match. What a great bloke though. Love him to bits. 

• Like 1