Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

17 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

If we look at the last game only we will win nothing with only one CB on the pitch, when Fofana got injured and had to come off it left us wide open as BR brought on Mendy and moved Ndidi to CB not in my opinion a great move.

If we have defenders on the bench like Big Wes, Amartey or Fuchs but he does not trust them enough to play them we have a big problem?

We need a squad with more depth and a bench that we can trust to do their job on the pitch.

Of course he doesn’t trust them, two of them are leaving (one is 37), and the other has had a shocking time pretty much whenever he’s played this season, let alone his off-field antics that has the media’s attention.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

Back to Fof and the other injuries this year  they  all seem to have been longish term serious issues and never quite getting back to full steam.Madders hip problem will probably never go away while hes trying to play twice a week.,Vardy has done well at 90%  Tilly incredible to have got through unscathed.Evans has a long term issue  with the plantar,Barnes who knows.Ricky not quite where he was ,Justin unknown ,Soy looks Ok now,its grim reading and we can only hope these guys rest through the summer or get away with it if they are at the euros.Same for all the clubs but we have been battered.

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, grumpy old git said:

If we look at the last game only we will win nothing with only one CB on the pitch, when Fofana got injured and had to come off it left us wide open as BR brought on Mendy and moved Ndidi to CB not in my opinion a great move.

If we have defenders on the bench like Big Wes, Amartey or Fuchs but he does not trust them enough to play them we have a big problem?

We need a squad with more depth and a bench that we can trust to do their job on the pitch.

Why do you think I’ve been banging on and boring everyone with my comments about players such as Amartey?

A straight swap was there yesterday. Fofana off, big Dan on

And STILL Rodgers darent risk it!

Thats ridiculous and imo contributed to us losing that game

We must get a better standard of squad player if at all possible 

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

What was the atmosphere like?

I was in P1 and thought it was much louder than I expected. Good renditions of Vichai had a dream and 3rd in a 2 horse race. And plenty of abuse for that ugly git Bale. That said, he did make me feel like a teenager again wanting to punch his lights out. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

Back to Fof and the other injuries this year  they  all seem to have been longish term serious issues and never quite getting back to full steam.Madders hip problem will probably never go away while hes trying to play twice a week.,Vardy has done well at 90%  Tilly incredible to have got through unscathed.Evans has a long term issue  with the plantar,Barnes who knows.Ricky not quite where he was ,Justin unknown ,Soy looks Ok now,its grim reading and we can only hope these guys rest through the summer or get away with it if they are at the euros.Same for all the clubs but we have been battered.

It's amazing that Youri has got through this season unscathed. Incredible talent that I hope we can hold on to for as long as possible.

Our problem (and also testament) is that we were fighting on multiple fronts for a lot of this season. Playing in Europe with a squad our size would always put huge pressure on the players with such a condensed season. Ricardo was already out and Mads had problems, so even from day one we had holes to fill. It's why my mild irritation at Klopp went to disgust during December when his answer to this was 5 subs. A solution that only benefitted the big clubs. For all his appeal to caring about players, he just showed his colours. Again a voice within one of the "big" clubs could have stood up to the TV and PL authorities and applied vocal pressure to help create an real adjustment in perspective and change but didn't while giving the pretense he was. Plenty of people said this would hurt players and result in injuries (some that will damage their entire careers) and they were right. 

One of the bright thing among so many injuries though for me is the emergence of Thomas. I have huge respect for him stepping up and next season he'll be invaluable when we're back playing mid-week European games, 

5 hours ago, grumpy old git said:

Big Wes has barely played all season. Amartey has made huge errors this season when played. And you want to play Fuchs in center of defense? 

Fafana, Evans, Cags, Castagne, Thomas, Justin, Ricardo, how much more depth do you feel we need? Another center defender to replace Amartey? If Evans's issue is going to be recurring then they'll presumably have to start bringing somebody through. I'll keep banging the drum of a new attacking player (either from mid or striker, ideally somebody like St Maximin) and then somebody for the RW. If we can keep the players we have and add at least 1 or 2 of those 3 we'll be good next season. This season has been mad and has stretched us more than a normal season so you can't make big decisions based on it. For a normal season we have pretty good depth imo. 

5 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Big Wes has barely played all season. Amartey has made huge errors this season when played. And you want to play Fuchs in center of defense? 

Fafana, Evans, Cags, Castagne, Thomas, Justin, Ricardo, how much more depth do you feel we need? Another center defender to replace Amartey? If Evans's issue is going to be recurring then they'll presumably have to start bringing somebody through. I'll keep banging the drum of a new attacking player (either from mid or striker, ideally somebody like St Maximin) and then somebody for the RW. If we can keep the players we have and add at least 1 or 2 of those 3 we'll be good next season. This season has been mad and has stretched us more than a normal season so you can't make big decisions based on it. For a normal season we have pretty good depth imo. 

Fuchs has placed CB plenty times and done a good job. Felt like that was the natural sub on Sunday, was disappointed that he put Wilf back there. 

We need better strength in depth. Amartey is poor, his positioning is off and he makes many errors. Mendy is also a hugely week alternative option, the difference between him and Wilf is huge! When Mendy plays we sit deeper and deeper as we don't have anyone to win the ball further up the pitch. 

We need more striking options too. Vardy and Kelechi have been great, but we need more options so our approach doesn't become predictable. 

Wish list: 

New CB. 

New DM.

New Striker

Only 3 signings, they need to be better than our current options as back up, but not necessarily world beaters looking for every week action. 

17 hours ago, jbloggs said:

Great season overall. Would have been better if the Champions League qualification was clinched from winning some of the easier previous games instead of leaving it til the last game. Once it came down to the last game, Just need to learn how to play under pressure. 

Take a break and try again next season :)

I agree we had a good season but only if you    consider us a small club. Arsenal won  tare considered he cup last year and considered it a bad season  I must admit     that Spurs    season is considered a   disaster whilst West Ham and Leicester areconsidered to have had magnificent seasons when the points difference was so small 

In the battle of the bottlers we bottled it. At least we have two trophies in five years. I’ve not been so angry in a while about the team and manager. And especially as we have players who need CL football but, under Rodgers, we’ve bottled it. Again. Then again, we’re fifth and we have a good club and a new trophy. Next season we absolutely need a good run in Europa and need to deserve a CL place—we can’t keep failing to take our opportunities against weaker teams, even though, yes, we regularly sucker punch the bigger teams. We can’t only be fearless against the bigger teams. We need to be consistently superior.