Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Inexcusable. 

Awful decision making from brendan. 

We didn't even try to win. They looked like it was them playing for a spot in the champs league and we were on the beach. Pathetic. 

We didn’t even try to win. What an insanely ridiculous comment to make. Of course we tried. We just weren’t good enough.

• Like 2

Just now, SydenhamFox said:

Winks should have got red for that. Nowhere near the ball. Utterly cynical. 
TBH though I didn’t think either of our penalties should have been given. 

First one was about as stonewall as you can get. The second one was a horrible dive and terrible decision by the officials

• Like 1

We’ve had a great season. Our target was European football and a cup final. We achieved both as well as winning the FA Cup for the first time. We’ve also won more points than last season so there’s progress, despite key injuries at key times.

But today feels like a kick in the nuts. Winks is a cheating b@stard. And how the third goal could be allowed with a clear handball by Kane is beyond me. 

Truth be told, we’ve lost 12 games this season, 9 at home, including games we expected to win. That isn’t good enough for CL.

• Like 2

Lost the midfield after Wilf dropped into defence.

Maybe Amartey would have been the better option?  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Didn't create enough going forward and no real options to change it.

Disappointing to see one go through Kasper's legs and he missed the punch for their third, but Kasper has single handedly won us 10-15 points this season so we wouldn't have even been in this situation without him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

An amazing season overall, so annoying to miss out on the CL again but I honestly don't think we've got the dsquad for it over a whole campaign, it should be different next season.

Our bench needs massively improving, swap Fuchs, Morgan, Hamza and Perez for Bertrand, Tarks, Soumare and Edouard and we're in a completely different ballpark. In saying that, I do think sticking Amartey on and leaving Ndidi in CM would have been the better decision.If Amartey isn't good enough to come on in a game like today, then why is he at the club? Let's sign a CB who we can count on when needed, pointless shipping Ndidi back to defence all the time.

We lost by a single goal today, but we never looked like scoring apart from the two penalties, we weren't really in the game at all, yet we're above them in the table and we were at home.

It finished 2-4? 

Was there for the taking and we fooked it up. 

we lost the game when little Wes went of and we lost the midfield battle with Ndidi in defence. 

can’t believe Spurs went all out to help Chelsea out. 

watch Spurs go all out to get Rodgers now and without Champions league we’re never going to get players like Gosens. 

being so close to the top 4 again to loose out on the last day again is gutting but we’ve had a good season and lifted the FA cup. 

with out all the injuries I think we would have definitely made top 4. 

role on next season and we go again.

It is what it is.  We aren't good enough for Champions League football as we are far far too jekyll and Hyde in our performances.  Always shit hot for the first half of the season, then just shit  for the second half.  

Injuries played a part in that no doubt but if we don't properly strengthen in depth over the summer then you have to question where we want to be as a club, are we settling for being nearly men in the league or do we want to have a real go where we can sustain results (to a degree, we are never going to beat the world!) And finish as we start.

I know we don't like the world bottle jobs but had that been any other side, doing exactly what we've just done (league wise) over the past two seasons, we as opposition fans would be howling in laughter about it.

For me it's a combination of a lack of mental strength, and a pretty woeful squad outside of the first 11.  We need to improve both unless we want to continue in the same vain.  

But all in all, just looking at the results for the season and not necessarily the collapses, 5th and ab fa Cup is unreal.

It's just a shame it's peppered with a hat full of what ifs.

Edited by kristianity77

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Very very difficult to say we haven't bottled that in the final 20 mins. It was bad enough having no Ndidi in the middle but to then take Maddison off just gifted Spurs the centre of the park.

Fuming at that, it wasn't even a nervy game at Villa Park, Chelsea needed another 2 goals for us to be in bother.

I would guess Maddison was injured - and not able to carry on. He's not looked fit for weeks.

Embarrasing end to league season. We beat Newcastle and/or Southampton and we're above all this last game nonsense.

But FA Cup and 5th! Amazing season! Just disappointed we again bottled Champions League. And there's no point arguing against it and saying we didn't. Because we did. 

Anyway. Second most successful season in club history. Amazing. Very chuffed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Bring on a CB and leave Ndidi were he is, simple.

And which CB would you have brought on? I think if you look at our bench you'll realise it wasn't that simple.

• Like 2