Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

Just now, Benji said:

That handball decision is just diabolical.  How is it too long to make a difference when he’s through on goal and assisted with his very next kick?  Premier league trying their hardest to justify an absolute horror.

We've had some rub of the green over 38 games too. Just have to take it. 

• Like 1

I thought Spurs would win before the game, they had little to play for in comparison. We just don't have the steel in the team (see Newcastle), when things go wrong. We're just too flakey. Injuries to Evans recently and Fofana today could have been crucial but we need at least one decent midfielder. one attacking midfielder and one defensive to cover for Ndidi. 

• Like 1

I think today proved what our priority was, and it was the cup.

Today the fans didn’t look bothered and the players didn’t look bothered. They needed something or someone to drive them on but there was just nothing today.

It’s a weird feeling. When we have the open top bus parade I won’t care we finished 5th. But if it wasn’t for that, the one big game where we showed some desire on (and off) the

pitch, I’d have a very different feeling towards Brendan and some of these players.

I’ll get over it, but once again I’m very annoyed at such an unprofessional, unpalatable performance in a big match.

We really had no desire to get the job done, second to every ball, nobody willing to run apart from Vardy, no movement off the ball, half-hearted tackles, no marking, no shape, no pressing, passing all over the place and players falling over non-stop.

People no doubt will cart out the old injuries excuse again, but it’s not down to that, it’s down to bad tactics and a lack of desire and conviction from the players. They decided they were going to win the cup final, even with an injury setback, and made sure that they did (though even then they rode their luck). Today, we didn’t want it as much as Spurs.

And the atmosphere looked abysmal. I think if it had been like it was at Villa Park it might have been a different story.

Oh well, at least the kit looked decent.

Edited by Kitchandro

Two messages I’ve sent in group chat...

**** it. I call this season a success. We’ve still got a European competition to look forward too and we WON THE ****ING FA CUP!!

**** Spurs, **** Chelsea **** Liverpool, **** Man U, **** Man City, and everybody is ****ing Arsenal!! We’re Leicester city and we’re here to ****ing stay you *****.

Sums up how I feel about the season overall 😂

ps, apologies for the language but the pubs are open again 🤣🤣

• Like 2

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

We've had some rub of the green over 38 games too. Just have to take it. 

Exactly. Just got to suck it up rather than whining like little bitches. It’s a funny old game, that’s why we love it. 

• Like 3

Just now, harpendenfox said:

Sure we weren’t good enough. But that doesn’t mean we didn’t try

We didn't look at all like a team that needed to win a game of football. 

If you didn't know what you were watching you'd think we were on the beach and spurs were going for it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Bothers me more how happy you lot are that we’ve done the same as last season. I don’t understand where you think we’ll be next year, the big clubs aren’t going to keep allowing us to get this close.

Need to change mentality.  We're not little League One Leicester City anymore, we have one the highest wage bills in the Premier League and one of the best paid managers in the world.  You just don't hear fans of other clubs celebrating failure like some of ours do.  It's bizarre.

• Like 2

I think if it weren’t for the impact of Covid we might have strengthened more in the summer/winter windows, and ultimately that lack of depth has cost us for a second season in a row. No one had it harder than us with injuries, and we coped admirably with it - bar Kasper feels like almost every 1st team player has had a month out or more. 

There has been profession, and a trophy. It will be hard to match this next season, but strengthen properly and we can do it all again and hopefully a little more! 

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Schmeichel with too many of those ridiculous decision making moments.  Proper lost it.

Knew it was too good to be true that he’d go all season with a gaff. 
Best season in a Leicester shirt though

I kept telling myself whatever happens this year, it won’t be as bad as last year in terms of bottling it. Like last year we were 14 points clear of fifth or something and never looked that strong this season.

But **** me the last few months have been horrendous. 11 points from the last 10 games? Not good enough. Sheffield bastard United got more.

Don’t anyone tell me I’m a fan that’s been spoilt by the league win. If we’d have got 11 points from the last 10 games instead of our great escape, we’d have finished bottom of the league on 29 points. That team knew how to fight.

• Like 3