Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 2-4 Tottenham post match

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Great season overall.

Today was appalling however. Removing Ndidi from the midfield does far more damage than keeping him there and putting Wes, Amartey or even Castagne into centre half. Could see the way the game was going before the equaliser, given how we were playing in possession. 

Vardy apart, a lack of bravery from both players and management to see that through.

Definitely, taking ndidi out of the midfield was a poor decision 

3 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Lost the midfield after Wilf dropped into defence.

Maybe Amartey would have been the better option?  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Didn't create enough going forward and no real options to change it.

Disappointing to see one go through Kasper's legs and he missed the punch for their third, but Kasper has single handedly won us 10-15 points this season so we wouldn't have even been in this situation without him.

In the words of Roy Keane, he’s a keeper, saving shots is his job and today he didn’t do it very well.

I had my hopes up when he came out to collect the ball a few times. Then it imploded 😂

Don’t blame the defeat on him at all but it wasn’t memorable.

But then there was last week so...

Agree that Amartey might have been better but I’d have gone Morgan. I can only imagine nobody expected him to make it through 70 minutes.

Just now, foxinsocks said:

We got to stop selling players to rivals

Lest seaon we sold maguire and utd edged us out.

This year chillwell to chelsea and they edged us out.

Wait till we sell Hamza to Newcastle and they edge us to 17th place next season  :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, tetly said:

It was in our hands that’s what’s frustrating. Injuries and bad luck I guess. It’s still hard to take.

Yeah the injuries and our relatively small squad have cost us. Fofana loss today was a big blow, losing Wilf from midfield cost us control. But still proud of the lads. 

Gutted. Absolutely wounded. This hurts more than last season cos you could see where last season was going.

Liverpool been poor for 3/4 of a season and ease 3rd. Chelsea lose final day and we can’t step up. 

I fear we will get raided

I'm done. I think everything that can be said has been said about these players. Brilliant at times and diabolical at others.

Try and enjoy the rest of your Sundays if ya can will be hard I know. I do hope this missing out doesn't not affect the players

we are trying to bring to the club. CL is a BIG carrot to dangle and we don't have it now.

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We never going get 2 penalties given to us like that, even the officials wanted us to win

But we stuffed it up ... wondered why they allowed their third goal though. It was a handball in the box. Seen it given by VAR before.

• Like 1

Infuriating yes, but we've had to cope with injury after injury. Spurs frontline are hard enough to play against as it is. Proud of the lads and they will be as disappointed as we are. We are Leicester City knocking on the door of the elite, it won't always go our way. 

• Like 3

Feels like a huge missed chance again especially with some of the results we had against the poorer teams in the League. Out of context though its been a brilliant season, our second best ever and we have cemented ourselves as challengers.

We need fresh legs and pace in the summer though. The team is so slow that a quick break can never be taken advantage of without Barnes. I think if we had a pacey threat today we would have won but because we didnt it allowed Spurs to press us hard because even if we broke the press there was no one to carry the ball.

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

We've had some rub of the green over 38 games too. Just have to take it. 

Absolutely.  But i find it genuinely worrying that a professional referee, backed by the refs association, sat in a room with a load of tv screens and replays thinks there’s no immediacy.  Our referees are absolutely appalling and it’s really been highlighted this year with more football on tv and var 

Leicester’d it! :unsure:

I’m not going to criticise individuals as after winning the cup a lot are on a free pass. 

We’ve been stretched,  too many injuries and player’s coming back to try and fit back in from their own injury when they’re not ready. We don’t have the quality in depth to cope with the injuries we have had this season. 

See you in August! 

Yes, I am disappointed with the result like all fans would be, especially not getting Champions League, but we have an FA Cup trophy to our names along with European Football next season and a top-6 finish. I, for one, definitely consider this season a success.... Proud of the boys, they worked and fought hard this season. :appl:

Next season we'll come back even stronger. :scarf:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Lol maybe a point but **** off i will cry my tears into our fa cup trophy, mix in some tequila and enjoy!

Screenshot_20210523-125806_Chrome.jpg

This made me laugh tbh. 

• Like 1

Simple fact is if we want to keep progressing we’re going to have to spend some cash, in hindsight this is still a great season for us - sure it’s disappointing right now but all we can do is keep the boys together and bring in some really quality and go again

• Like 1

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Coasting it and bottled it; but FA Cup this season and another chance in Europa next season is fine by me.

To think otherwise is to become like the big 6 we all despise. Entitlement is not a good look.

Completely agree, bit worrying :unsure:

In our hands with 20 minutes to go, only had to hold our nerve. Instead we let in 3 goals and refused to walk through the door that Villa kindly opened for us.

A poor performance masked by two penalties, the second of which was a clear dive.

Rodgers responsible, bringing Mendy on for Fofana was criminal; we had two centrebacks on the bench which would have been like for like, but instead we weaken our midfield AND defence by moving Ndidi back.

Maddison completely anonymous as well, it's like he realised he was going to make the England squad for the Euros and stopped bothering.