Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Road to Seville

11 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Next season this should absolutely be the one we try to win.  I'd argue winning the europa would be easier than finishing 4th in the league so we should go all out to win it. 

A lot of fans getting carried away a bit. In which world do we have a great chance of winning this comp (not aimed at you by the way, I agree it's easier than Top 4).

There are going to be lots of quality teams with a strong European history in this competition. One of Juve/Napoli, potentially Lyon, there will be more. I would be disappointed if we don't get further than this season but we will struggle to go all the way.

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

A lot of fans getting carried away a bit. In which world do we have a great chance of winning this comp (not aimed at you by the way, I agree it's easier than Top 4).

There are going to be lots of quality teams with a strong European history in this competition. One of Juve/Napoli, potentially Lyon, there will be more. I would be disappointed if we don't get further than this season but we will struggle to go all the way.

We can beat anyone over two legs with a fully fit squad. Look at the run we would have had if we had got past Slavia Prague this season. A lot of winnable ties. It won't be easy but I believe we are more than capable of going all the way.

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

We can beat anyone over two legs with a fully fit squad. Look at the run we would have had if we had got past Slavia Prague this season. A lot of winnable ties. It won't be easy but I believe we are more than capable of going all the way.

Capable if things fall into place and we get lucky but it feels like a lot of people are almost expect we breeze it. If we get injuries again and we are not swimming in mid table mediocrity, then I suspect we might see a bit of rotation here again. Let's hope we give it a good go and don't end up like this season. Hopefully fans can make a difference too.

With a proper pre-season, I'd love to think we could actually be one of the favourites for this. Also add in the rumoured additions, and maybe a few more over the summer to bolster the squad, and if we can't be as unlucky as we have been with injuries this season, I'd give ourselves a great shot at going further than round of 32, or quite deep in to the competition. Definitely a competition to prioritise. 

We can do this :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

So the confirmed teams so far for the group stage:

Real Sociedad

Real Betis

Leicester City

West Ham
Eintracht Frankfurt

Bayer Levekusen

Lazio

Braga 

Lokomotiv Moscow

Loads more will be confirmed in the next couple of hours with Ligue 1 and Serie A coming to a conclusion. Lots of decent away days to get excited about though!

We can add Napoli to the list now and almost certainly Lyon and Marseille except for a miracle. No Juventus which is positive!

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Napoli take a leaf out of our book and drop into Europa League.

Not a fun day to support Leicester and to also follow Napoli lol

At least it gives us a chance of playing them so I could finally go and watch them haha

31 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Can someone post teams that will definitely be in the group stages next season?

So far

Real Sociedad

Real Betis

Leicester City

West Ham
Eintracht Frankfurt

Bayer Levekusen

Napoli

Lazio

Lyon

Marseille

Braga 

Lokomotiv Moscow

Won’t find out anymore until after the qualifiers in august! 

• Thanks 1

Currently have the seventh highest co-efficient of the known 12 teams after today’s results. Not sure which Pot we will be in until the other teams have sorted the qualifiers / various play offs. Hopefully Pot 1. 

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
3 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Fully agree, but if Juventus drop into the Europa and this could happen with Milan winning and Napoli only needing a win, they would surely be the bookies favourites. 

Yes you need a bit of luck with the draw too,I mean if Man U win it on Wednesday have they really played any on the big boys