Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HybridFox

Road to Seville

10 hours ago, peach0000 said:

So far

Real Sociedad

Real Betis

Leicester City

West Ham
Eintracht Frankfurt

Bayer Levekusen

Napoli

Lazio

Lyon

Marseille

Braga 

Lokomotiv Moscow

Won’t find out anymore until after the qualifiers in august! 

Confirmed teams in Europa League, Final Playoff round:

Az Alkmaar

Fenerbache

Royal Antwerp

Randers FC

Sturm Gratz

Zorya Luhansk

3 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Confirmed teams in Europa League, Final Playoff round:

Az Alkmaar

Fenerbache

Royal Antwerp

Randers FC

Sturm Gratz

Zorya Luhansk

Some real guff in the Champions League qualifying rounds too. 

The biggest threats will be the Champions League drop outs imo.

Just now, KFS said:

Some real guff in the Champions League qualifying rounds too. 

The biggest threats will be the Champions League drop outs imo.

Leicester

West Ham

Napoli

Lyon

I'd say are the top 4 of the qualified teams, but also have to play in tough leagues schedules, so hard to call. I agree that the 3rd place drop outs could be a Real Madrid for example, so these would make winning the cup far harder... 

I wouldn't mind using this cup like we did last season, as we do not have the depth currently to fight for this the league & domestic 2 cups. Quality & depth is required, if we can pick 4 to 6 gems again, we could win anything.

5 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Leicester

West Ham

Napoli

Lyon

I'd say are the top 4 of the qualified teams, but also have to play in tough leagues schedules, so hard to call. I agree that the 3rd place drop outs could be a Real Madrid for example, so these would make winning the cup far harder... 

I wouldn't mind using this cup like we did last season, as we do not have the depth currently to fight for this the league & domestic 2 cups. Quality & depth is required, if we can pick 4 to 6 gems again, we could win anything.

Napoli just sacked their manager too

1 minute ago, Kilworthfox said:

No we have qualified for the group stage.

Sorry, I meant further down the line. In the same way the champions league drop out into europa league. Is there a pathway for us to down to conference league if needed. it appears there is, surely we can at least finish 3rd in our europa league group to continue a european tour through next season lol 

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Sorry, I meant further down the line. In the same way the champions league drop out into europa league. Is there a pathway for us to down to conference league if needed. it appears there is, surely we can at least finish 3rd in our europa league group to continue a european tour through next season lol 

Oh lol, we wont be finishing 3rd, we will win whatever group :thumbup: Just like last season :chant:

From looking at the champions league qualifiers who might drop down, the other europa league pre group qualifiers and current group qualifiers, it looks likely we'll be 2nd seeds. Would take a freak set of results to maintain a 1st seed / push us down to 3rd seed

Edited by Nalis

I can't wait til next season Europa League.  Gonna be good.  The only real downside is our league games will be moved to Sunday 5pm or something which is rather annoying. 

Europa will be a totally different experience next season. We should be able to give it a better go with normal scheduling and the fact we probably won’t throw as much into the FA Cup.

Add to that the fact that fans should be able to hopefully to travel to some or all of the matches and it will nothing like the experience we had last year.

I still think we need 5 or 6 signings to compete domestically and in Europe though. We can’t afford to burn out at the end yet again.

• Like 3

Just now, Ricey said:

Europa will be a totally different experience next season. We should be able to give it a better go with normal scheduling and the fact we probably won’t throw as much into the FA Cup.

Add to that the fact that fans should be able to hopefully to travel to some or all of the matches and it will nothing like the experience we had last year.

I still think we need 5 or 6 signings to compete domestically and in Europe though. We can’t afford to burn out at the end yet again.

I did think this yesterday and I dont want to disrespect a cup we've wanted to win for so long but if we had to take our foot of the gas in any competitions next season it would be the FA Cup and League Cup. Europa League has to be the priority cup.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, shen said:

I could absolutely see us making a proper fist of it, especially after winning the FA Cup.

Our effort against Slavia Prague was pathetic, but it was clear we weren't prioritising the EL as highly as the PL and FA cup
Maybe we should?

O K. Sorry lads, read the above. We're doomed, we will play a shocker, and be an absolute disgrace, so don't bother turning up. 

Well I see it differently, but then I am only a fan who likes to be positive.

17 hours ago, shen said:

I could absolutely see us making a proper fist of it, especially after winning the FA Cup.

Our effort against Slavia Prague was pathetic, but it was clear we weren't prioritising the EL as highly as the PL and FA cup
Maybe we should?

F A cup was priority lets make Europa Cup that for next season. 

40 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I did think this yesterday and I dont want to disrespect a cup we've wanted to win for so long but if we had to take our foot of the gas in any competitions next season it would be the FA Cup and League Cup. Europa League has to be the priority cup.

Yes let's go for it, looking forward to European teams at the K P.

10 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

O K. Sorry lads, read the above. We're doomed, we will play a shocker, and be an absolute disgrace, so don't bother turning up. 

Well I see it differently, but then I am only a fan who likes to be positive.

Um, I was trying to be positive, i.e. I could see us go deep in EL next season. Not sure if you misquoted?