Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Brendan - Attacking Manager

I don't think we did sit back today even when we should have done at 2-1.

He tried to park the bus at home to Man City and Chelsea away, it failed easily.

When ahead like in the final or today we should have done that. 

Tactically he gets so much wrong

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rodgers first season we played some sensational stuff.

Barnes injury forced to play 5 at the back. 5 at the back stifles creativity. I hope we won't see 5 at the back for a long time. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, shailen said:

We don't have enough attacking options especially out wide, losing Barnes and Under (not sure what's happened there) has left us short. 

Losing Barnes absolutely ..... but he seems to choose not to play Praet and Under?

I'm just a fan, but as a fan can see they have both been good enough to play (and better than Perez for instance), BR think s otherwise, I guess we'll never know why

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

In both season he did not use the Jan transfer well in my eyes, we always look weak

Brendan was very vocal in January about the fact that he wanted an attacking player in, you can't solely blame him for the clubs failure to bring someone in

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

It’s a difficult balance against top opposition. 
Ultimately what cost us is losing/dropping points against poor sides. Fulham, Southampton (against 10 men for 80 mins), Villa and Newcastle. 
Win 1 of those and we’d of done it. 

Hang on for 20 minutes today and we'd have done it. 

Think he's lost the attractive football tag. I can't think of the last time we played decent football. I'm not saying it's bad right now, but it's hardly flowing. 

Not even creating chances any more. 

Another myth is that Rodgers teams get better over a season. Not in our example

• Like 2

Guest ttfn

I think becoming more defensive has given him the tools to be a better manager. He has compromised on his principles this season and he is a better manager for it. Really given the schedule and injuries this season it was the smart choice to move to a lower tempo, more defensive style.

Evidently knowing when to stick and when to twist - having spent his whole career twisting up to this point - isn’t his strongest point. 

Guest ttfn
2 minutes ago, Xen said:

Agreed that sometimes his game management leaves something to be desired, but we scored the joint 3rd most goals in the Prem this season averaging almost 2 per game.

It comes back to the point that when we’re bad, we are really bad.

Still very capable of turning it on and as likely as anyone else in the league to score 4 or 5 against poor opposition.