Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Great minds. I think you want to avoid Galatasaray as well.

Napoli, Real Sociedad and Galatasaray. I think we should be capable of getting through any group we get but it wouldn't be inconceivable we went out of that.

Indeed. To be honest, given the defensive injuries we have, the totally abysmal performance on Monday and the failure to sign a right winger, I'm feeling way less confident about our prospects in this competition than I was a few weeks ago. 

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Indeed. To be honest, given the defensive injuries we have, the totally abysmal performance on Monday and the failure to sign a right winger, I'm feeling way less confident about our prospects in this competition than I was a few weeks ago. 

You and me both. Winger in and a 1-4 win Saturday would restore faith.

• Like 2

Just now, jammie82uk said:

Only just realised they have added an extra round in, if you finish 2nd in the group you have to play a 2 legged knockout round against a 3rd place champions league team to be able to qualify for the round of 16 

Not an extra round.if you win the group you dont play till the round of 16, unlike previously

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Only just realised they have added an extra round in, if you finish 2nd in the group you have to play a 2 legged knockout round against a 3rd place champions league team to be able to qualify for the round of 16 

They've taken one away for the group winner, rather than added one, which I think is a good idea and incentivises winning the group more.