Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

Did we fluke an easy group last year? Struggling to put together any easy group from that 😂 Best I can manage is Sturm Graz, Sparta Prague and Braga (based off us doing alright against then last year) 

Reading that I'd say that's probably on par with last seasons group actually. But definitely looks like we're going to get a tougher group this year 

For those interested on matchday schedules and away fan announcements. I had a look on the Bayern website for CL ticket details and they mention two things:

1. Fixtures are not going to be confirmed until Saturday 28th August. So I would imagine for Europa League it will also be tomorrow before we know when the games are.

2. Away fans being allowed will not be confirmed until early September.

24 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Did we fluke an easy group last year? Struggling to put together any easy group from that 😂 Best I can manage is Sturm Graz, Sparta Prague and Braga (based off us doing alright against then last year) 

Reading that I'd say that's probably on par with last seasons group actually. But definitely looks like we're going to get a tougher group this year 

Olympiacos, Ludogorets & one of Antwerp, Sturm Graz or Brondby I think.

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

The Europa League look strong because they binned all the funny sounding teams down to the Conference thing. 

With all of the random small teams that would've been great aways days, somewhere unknown in Azerbaijan now in the play school cup with spurs, the majority in the Europa League are well known and potentially strong opposition. 

4 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

With all of the random small teams that would've been great aways days, somewhere unknown in Azerbaijan now in the play school cup with spurs, the majority in the Europa League are well known and potentially strong opposition. 

Good

14 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Ueafa can say whatever they want about away fans attending games but they can't stop people travelling to the host city. Green list contains quite a few countries with teams playing. Get jabbed. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#green-list

I know plenty will but for me if I can’t get to the game I wouldn’t travel. I just don’t see the point personally. That being said I won’t be able to make any this year regardless! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I know plenty will but for me if I can’t get to the game I wouldn’t travel. I just don’t see the point personally. That being said I won’t be able to make any this year regardless! 

I went to Bruges and Seville without a ticket, was bloody excellent. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The only ones I would go to regardless is Leverkusen because I would combine it with seeing the family (even if I cannot go to the game, although Leverkusen have an awful following so tickets in the home end should be doable). However, I am unlikely to book anything to other places unless I can go to the matches. Somewhere like Antwerp would be easy to do last minute (many options including driving if needed). Otherwise we may be faced with expensive flights or bound to day travel packages.

If they do allow fans to go, I can see most of it being club travel and lots of people will be put off.

• Like 1

Just now, Lako42 said:

I went to Bruges and Seville without a ticket, was bloody excellent. 

Just not my cup of tea. I’m aware plenty of people love it, so I’m certain it’ll be possible and will be a lot of fun if that’s your thing. Living in Asia the logistics would be a nightmare for me this time round when normally I would go to every game. 

I still regularly think about the champions league games and would love to do another tour round Europe.

So gutted to be potentially missing out on 2 years of europa league travel. Probably a good thing for my bank balance to be honest, really couldn't justify travelling without tickets again lol  if no away fans then we need teams that don't travel very well, win our home games and hope to survive the away ones. 

Don't watch too much european football these days but its only really Napoli and Lyon that I would fear out of the pot 1 sides, Lazio, Monaco, Leverkusen would be tough but I think we can at least match them comfortably. I don't know much about Zagreb but surely we'd fancy beating them.

Unfortunately for us we are in probably the pot with some weaker teams in, compared to pot 3. Some solid teams in pot 3 but Sparta Prague would be best, and maybe Ludogorets. 

We should beat all in pot 4, Galatasaray are a name but more based on history than their current state. 

Finish 3rd at least to hopefully get us some european football next year and a better chance to travel. 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

I'm desperate for one of the old firm. Purely because it would be nice for me personally to only have to travel half an hour to see us play. Been far too long since I've saw us in person. 

Hate to break to you but we can't play them in the group stages