Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Spartan Moscow and Legia Warsaw are crap, so I'm assuming our fans think this is a tough group because our players will shit it in intimidating atmospheres. Napoli will be a tough game but I'd be disgusted if we don't finish 2nd in this group at the very least.

Spartak Moscow are really bad this year. Looked terrible against Benfica and are in 9th in Russia with 7 points after 6 games. Admittedly I don’t watch a lot of RPL games. But we should be favored to come out of this group.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adam said:

What shite away trips they are. Napoli your either getting done in by their fans or their police. 

They look great to me. It’ll be the same as anywhere, if you go looking for trouble you’ll find it. If you are sensible you’ll be fine. Napoli you are bused directly into the stadium from the outskirts for safety reason. I don’t know about legia. 

Spartak I’ve been to before during the World Cup for the England Colombia game. My concern with that one is it’s in the middle of nowhere  in the outskirts of Moscow. For the World Cup there was shuttles from the centre but obviously that wouldn’t be safe in this scenario. I assume they have a plan in place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Spartak Moscow and Legia Warsaw are crap, so I'm assuming our fans think this is a tough group because our players will shit it in intimidating atmospheres. Napoli will be a tough game but I'd be disgusted if we don't finish 2nd in this group at the very least.

Our players will probably sh1t themselves in Warsaw and Moscow too, though.

Edit - ignore me, realise now that's what you were saying!!lol

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Haha 1

How our opponents did last season

Napoli - Europa Round of 32, 5th in League, Semi Final Domestic Cup, Domestic Super Cup Runners Up

image.png

Spartak Moscow - no European football, 2nd in League, Round of 16 Domestic Cup

Legia Warsaw - Qualifying stages of Champions League and Europa, 1st in League, Quarter Final Domestic Cup, Domestic Super Cup Runners Up

image.thumb.png.d38d977290d27f5447626ed801c65c8a.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 4

You used to take the p*** out of the flask and bobble hat brigade. They knew a trip to Moscow was coming one day, they'll have the last laugh. Although if they fill it in Leicester it might be a bit cold 47 hours later when foxy tours travel arrive at the destination.

1 minute ago, Rsswmu said:

Spartak Moscow are really bad this year. Looked terrible against Benfica and are in 9th in Russia with 7 points after 6 games. Admittedly I don’t watch a lot of RPL games. But we should be favored to come out of this group.

TBH This is where we want our club to be.  When all said, English football sides are very strong.  Anybody seen European trophy seasons recently??

We want these games, that’s what Arsenal, Spurs, Everton aspire to & we are there!!  Let’s make sure the home games are full & we get 9pts at home & see how good we are away from home.

So many of our players are internationals, food & drink to them.

We can & will make the knockouts with a bit of luck, bring it on!!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's a very tough draw purely for the reason the ultras they have will scare the living shit out of our team lol

This is a very real worry though more for our fans than our players. Foreign teams always see English teams as a scalp and that’s the case on and off the pitch. So be careful if you’re going. 

I think the group is great though! Yeah it’s tricky but that’s what we need to get to the next level - quality / tricky opposition in truly competitive fixtures. 

Edited by StriderHiryu