Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Europa League 2021/22 Thread

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That’s great to hear!

I worked in Moscow for a month a few years ago and was really impressed with it. The central area specifically is world class. Overall in fact I’d say it’s a nicer city than Paris, though perhaps that’s not saying too much these days. 

I've also spent a few days in Moscow and agree it's an impressive place and very much worth a visit. If people go nuts in red square though, I'm sure they'll get bopped by their coppers like what happened in Madrid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Tough draw for us. Great group though. We deserve to go deep if we smash that group. Who needs a defence?

Realisticly these are going to be competitive, particularly if we are wanting to come top and avoid the playoffs. A more realistic tournament for us than the CL.

I was in Moscow for the World Cup. It is a far more beautiful city than I imagined, though perhaps less so in November compared with June

The more I look at this group the more I think that this what it is all about. Nobody would have been gobsmacked if any of these teams had qualified for CL. In fact there are far worse in that competition.

make no mistake there are no Mickey Mouse teams that you have look up on wickipedea  to find out where they are or guaranteed wins here, they are all decent sides on their day. This is arguably the group of death.

It’s pretty certain that none of them were happy to see our name come out either. I work with a lot of polish guys and I heard one say a word that I recognise but not put into print followed by “ Leicester city” and another bad polish word when the draw was announced. I laughed and replied “not dobry for you mate.”  They think we are the side that they really wanted to miss. I said I think it will be us and Napoli that get through, but they are so not worried about Napoli as much as us.

I am going to enjoy this immensely. If we draw Napoli at home first I think we will know how serious our intent is as soon as the team sheet comes out.

I'm loving the draw. I'm  not looking too far ahead. Just take each game ane as a major occasion. 

Playing in two capital cities and the de facto capital of peasant Italy. A wonderful way to build our 'brand'.  

Last year to.play Braga and Luhansk was, in comparison, underwhelming (though I'd have loved us to play in a hostile athens) 

Let's hope the team and fans carry ourselves with a bit of class. And somehow kinda demonstrate we (as an unremarkable, non descript dull English big town)  love/respect/revel/have pride in playing in these major cities

Edited.to add I hope the council.roll.put the red carpet for any away supporters, fanzone etc in jubilee Square like last time

Edited by Paninistickers

Legia even at their best is a six pointer, that said we can't underestimate them. They'd love to do the Slavia on us. Their best player by far is Brazilian Luquinhas but fortunately he has no legs. Mark him and they are easy to contain.

As for their ultras they are as brain dead as they come, doing their best to live up to the notoriety while the board turns the blind eye to their outbursts (racist, xenophobic, homophobic, nationalistic or else) doing nothing to curb their idiocy. To be fair, I've known some reasonable Legia supporters, but not a lot of them. From my experience living in Warsaw it's the low tier teams like Polonia Warszawa that have more reasonable, civilised supporters. You should expect boos when our players are taking the knee, other than that it should be fine, hopefully. I'm so looking forward to Leicester stuffing them. I have zero sympathy for the clubs which quietly but very openly support this sort of behaviour, when you sum up what's happening in the politics, on the streets and in the stadiums, it's taking the whole country back to the stone age. 

Right. Tips for the travelling fans: make sure to try some craft beers in one of the craft pubs, there's a great variety of them that will help you to wash your pierogi down and they were hit hard by the pandemy so they will appreciate you coming. And remember don't say "kurwa" when chatting the birds up :thumbup:

Edited by Chester Dontlie

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why I thought West Ham would struggle once the games start coming thick and fast due to squad size, but looking at the team they have playing now and what they have on the bench I didn't realise that they have more than enough to cope with a Thursday - Sunday season

Edited by EastAnglianFox

14 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Not sure why I thought West Ham would struggle once the games start coming thick and fast due to squad size, but looking at the team they have playing now and what they have on the bench I didn't realise that they have more than enough to cope with a Thursday - Sunday season

Their group is piece of piss. Similar to ours last year. Now we have the best team in the Europa League in our group. West Ham will be fine in the league although I'm not sure they will match last season's huge achievement