Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

He bossed the championship, mom every game, he's just going to get better and better. His mentality is what you need, his story of making sure he was ready to take the opportunity when it arrived is Roy Keane like, he won't accept failure. Don't think we've ever had a player so committed to the cause and without a doubt club captain of the future. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Relentless from him, can play high up the pitch, in the centre, deep, left, right, box to box. Anything. 

What's his best position?

Probably this one, LCM in a 433, but I feel like he could be developed into a proper middle of the park player.

That said, the Barnes / Thomas / KDH combo is amazing to watch. All home grown and really effective.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Relentlessly positive, any manager that tries to meddle with his game in the future would be daft.

Maybe teach him to pass quicker. He does like to take an extra touch.

I rate the guy but he does dwell on the ball too much for me. Could have released Barnes twice in a matter of minutes, before being caught in possession. Having said this he’s only had a handful of games, this time next year he should be a colossus in midfield if he keeps progressing at the current rate.

The most impressive thing for me about KDH is his consistency. Tielemans can go from world beater to Sunday league in the space of 3 days, whereas KDH is 7,8 or 9 / 10 in most of his games since the Liverpool game. 

His upper limit is not as good as Youri but KDH playing 8/10 every week is going to earn the team a serious amount of points. Barnes and Thomas are good but inconsistent. KDH and JJ pre-injury are consistently good. 

• Like 1

He is the future of the club, however I do agree with the comment that he needs to sometimes not take that extra touch and release the ball earlier especially like last night where it would have put Barnes one on one with a fullback already on a booking

7 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Maybe teach him to pass quicker. He does like to take an extra touch.

I rate the guy but he does dwell on the ball too much for me. Could have released Barnes twice in a matter of minutes, before being caught in possession. Having said this he’s only had a handful of games, this time next year he should be a colossus in midfield if he keeps progressing at the current rate.

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

He's put in too many top performances now for it to be just a purple patch. The kid is the real deal

No doubt about it, would love to know if he has surprised BR.....he's just so positive in everything he does, wants to drive forward, wants to take the free kicks, wants to put a tackle in, wants to get in the box,  win the ball back etc.....agree with earlier post without doubt the best thing to happen the season..

• Like 2

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

What's his best position?

Probably this one, LCM in a 433, but I feel like he could be developed into a proper middle of the park player.

That said, the Barnes / Thomas / KDH combo is amazing to watch. All home grown and really effective.

Yeah LCM in a 4-3-3 or midfield diamond.

• Like 1

Honestly with KDH's work rate, we could go back to a midfield 2 and have 2 up top as well.

Iverson

Riccy

Fofana

Soy

Justin

Madueke/any other hot you talent

Gallagher (Chelsea may have to donate him if they can't sell him)

KDH

Barnes

Daka

Kel

Win every game 6-5!

Edited by filbertway

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

Honestly with KDH's work rate, we could go back to a midfield 2 and have 2 up top as well.

Iverson

Riccy

Fofana

Soy

Justin

Madueke/any other hot you talent

Gallagher (Chelsea may have to donate him if they can't sell him)

KDH

Barnes

Daka

Kel

Win every game 6-5!

Give it a rest, go back to Footy Manager manager

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Only thing I'd have him work in is his shooting

Yes, he doesn’t seem to strike the ball cleanly in front of the goal. Maybe just rushes and snatches at it, however I think it’s just a matter of getting him to compose himself and I’m sure he’ll start to wade in with a few goals as he gets in the positions to grab a few.

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

A lot of room to improve. He wasn’t alone in being off it today, but he wasn’t good enough in this game. I’ll give him the benefit obviously.

Yeh he was not his usual self today. Probably a bit jaded after Thursday and perhaps the team selection, clearly prioritising the Euro Conference, subconsciously took the edge off his and his team mates’ game. Losing today didn’t seem to matter. 

• Like 1